(OOS) EVGA GeForce 8800GS videocard - $92 shipped ($62 AR) @ Newegg.com

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130332

As you can see, it's $80 after rebate. Use promo code EMCAJCGBG to get another $18 off. Not the greatest of cards, but for $62 shipped, you'll be hard-pressed to do much better.

EDIT: It's now out of stock. In the newsletter, Newegg said they had limited supplies of this card, so I don't think you will be seeing it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post but please change the title.
Its not 62$ Shipped saying it is is VERY misleading.
Price shipped means thats ALL the money you need to have and thats all your going to be charged to get it in the mail.
You need at least $91.99 and thats what will be charged and then you get a 30$ rebate later on.

I know you have AR (after rebate) in the title but the way you said it doesnt make sense.

62 shipped AR makes sense to me... good deal for sure, nice price:performance. Would be a nice card for those trying to upgrade to play Warhammer Online.

Might need to sign up for the newegg newsletter to get the promo code to work ... at least that's been the case in the past.

I don't see how it's misleading. I clearly put "AR" right after the price for that purpose...so that it isn't misleading. It makes perfect sense. I really don't want to get into a semantical debate over this, though, so I changed the title.

Anyway, I am not sure whether or not you need to be signed up for the newsletter to get these promo codes to work. We use to post deals over GameFAQs, and no one ever popped up saying it didn't work. But I'm still not sure. Good luck to anyone trying to use this, and let us know if it works, even though you aren't signed up.

I've had this card for a couple months and it's an incredible value for the price. I've been able to play DMC4 and Mass Effect at 1600x1050 with almost everything on high. These 8800 GS's made by EVGA are much better than the XFX models because they use higher quality ram. That allows for great overclocks. As long as you put this card in a machine with 2 GB of ram and a C2Duo, you're set to play pretty much anything out right now.

rock... is it just good for the card or for all purchases... i need to get a mobo, case, etc. as well, and if it works it'd save me even more money

[quote name='killbot13']I nabbed one of these. If you build PCs, you really should signup for NewEgg's emails. Lot's of deals in those.[/quote]

Yeah, Newegg's newsletters usually have at least one deal that really interests me or catches my eye.

[quote name='killbot13']I nabbed one of these. If you build PCs, you really should signup for NewEgg's emails. Lot's of deals in those.[/quote]
i've never built one before... i'm signing up now. thanks for the tip

[quote name='Poor2More']...How do you know if you can use it in a Laptop, are their certain Videocards you got to use for laptops?[/quote]
A laptop can't use a video card made for a desktop. In most cases, a laptop can't use any additional video card. Most have video integrated into the motherboard.

[quote name='Shady3011']I thought the GS model of the GeForce line was not so hot.

It's also out of stock.[/quote]

It isn't but the GT version of the same card is currently $120 and if you're looking for a budget system $62 is a fair price for a card that will handle most games at good resolution.

[quote name='deathscythehe']A laptop can't use a video card made for a desktop. In most cases, a laptop can't use any additional video card. Most have video integrated into the motherboard.[/quote]

Indeed. And even if you do have a more top-of-the-line laptop that has an "upgradeable" video card, you'll end up paying a premium on eBay or at some second-hand shop for the video card, because you can't buy them like you can desktop cards.

Asus did have a prototype floating around of an external video card, named the XG Station. It was a 7900GS in a box, but I haven't been following the hardware market like I use to, so I don't know if it ever really hit the stores. Plus, it was going to cost an arm and a leg.

[quote name='Shady3011']I thought the GS model of the GeForce line was not so hot.[/quote]

It's not, but as the other poster mentioned, they can often get you a great bang-for-your-buck. The 7900GS was last generation's cheap-o, higher-end card.

[quote name='erectiontown']man, i totally forgot about this and it's out of stock now[/quote]

Damn, man, that sucks. Like I said in my edit to the OP, Newegg had limited quantities, so this isn't coming back.

[quote name='$CASH$']These 8800 GS's made by EVGA are much better than the XFX models because they use higher quality ram.[/quote]

Interesting if true. I attended an Nvidia event this week. EVGA had a large booth displaying multiple products and technologies. XFX had a single station with the primary display being the two women sitting in front of it, and the signed photos of them in bikinis. I couldn't help thinking that one of these vendors was more serious about graphics.

I was also surprised not to see BFG anywhere.

[quote name='deathscythehe']A laptop can't use a video card made for a desktop. In most cases, a laptop can't use any additional video card. Most have video integrated into the motherboard.[/quote]

Maybe not a traditional card, but there are USB video cards, e.g.:
http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?switch=10

I'm using one now. It's fine for a second monitor for generic use. I doubt you'd want to use it for any serious gaming, though (no GPU).

Really? Man - must have missed it. Maybe they cleared out a few extra cards they had from order cancellations yesterday?

Oh well....I'll check back every once and a while to see if they have any more.

bread's done
Back