OOS for now - Gears of War Limited Collector's Edition (GoW 1!) @ Amazon - $65!

Considering it goes for $100+ new on eBay I figured people would think it's a sweet deal. I know I hopped on it and since it "said" there were only a few left I figured peps would appreciate being told about it...

I'll try harder for you next time, zenitrude :(

[quote name='prateeko']Considering it goes for $100+ new on eBay I figured people would think it's a sweet deal. I know I hopped on it and since it "said" there were only a few left I figured peps would appreciate being told about it...

I'll try harder for you next time, zenitrude :([/QUOTE]

seems like a crazy price for me personally, but if it's good for some people that have wanted it then that's good.

my cc has several of these and is closing down... i think video games are are like 10 or 20% off now.

Really? Not a bad idea to pick them up and throw them up on eBay/CAG considering their value went up since they're no longer sold and GoW 2 was just released...

Oh damn, never thought they were serious about the stock they claim.

Hopefully it pops up or someone (not me!) cancels their order. I'd keep an eye on it though since they probably found some old stock in a corner or something...

Great buy.

If you like wasting money. Regular 2-disc edition is only $28, you have to be an idiot to choose a metal tin/ a useless artbook over free maps + obviously $40-ish saved.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Great buy.

If you like wasting money. Regular 2-disc edition is only $28, you have to be an idiot to choose a metal tin/ a useless artbook over free maps + obviously $40-ish saved.[/quote]

I love how ppl think this is useless when down the road I can prolly sell off my Limited for the same money if not more down the line then the regular edition :D

if anyone is interested, I have a like new gears of war limited edition. however, I traded in the game the other day since I never used it and don't deal with ebay. I'd be willing to sell the tin case, slip cover, art book (basically the limited edition part - the game) for shipping costs and a few dollars. all you'd need is to have the game disc. pm me

[quote name='strikeratt']I love how ppl think this is useless when down the road I can prolly sell off my Limited for the same money if not more down the line then the regular edition :D[/QUOTE]

Down the road is now. It happens when games get their sequel releases. This thing is going for ~$100+ on eBay new. Seems like GoW2 LE is a bit more LE than this was so if you have both down the road (when the 3rd drops, I heard it was supposed to be a trilogy but can't say from GoW2 since I haven't gotten to it yet) that'll go for a pretty penny.

Obviously from a play-only standpoint the 2 disc re-release is the way to go but for collectors it's not too shabby. If you can get them for $7-$14 off at your local CC I say pick them up, help some CAGers and maybe even make a buck or two :)

[quote name='cblakerobinson']Why are they going for so much on eBay?[/QUOTE]

Because its discontinued. I saw 1 listed in stock for $61.99 plus $10 shipping at ecrater.com

bread's done
Back