[OOS]Planet Earth HD-DVD $26.62 Shipped @ shoppbs.org

yeah, Slickdealers have been reporting backordered status since before this thread went up. i ordered several hours ago and still got the dreaded e-mail. i have a hunch "2-4 weeks" means "not getting any more, but stay on the hook for us anyway".

My status says processing and I ordered almost 3 hours ago. Keeping my fingers crossed. So far no email to say backordered.

Just got off the phone with the PBS toll free support line and they checked the status of my order and said that more copies are on the way and it shouldn't be more than a week till they ship. The number was 1-800-531-4727. To get to a live person when you are able to enter your order number just say "reprentative".

[quote name='LordVila']Just got off the phone with the PBS toll free support line and they checked the status of my order and said that more copies are on the way and it shouldn't be more than a week till they ship. The number was 1-800-531-4727. To get to a live person when you are able to enter your order number just say "reprentative".[/quote]

i appreciate the info. thanks very much.

[quote name='reibeatall']Is the BBC version the "good" one?[/quote]
Yes, though I think they are both good. The BBC version is considered the better version.

sweet, I knew my patience would pay off. Thanks OP. I don't care when it comes, only that it shows up. $28.41 w/CA tax.

[quote name='jlkeeton']Sorry for some bad news, but my order was now set to Cancelled :([/quote]

Mine still says back ordered, hopefully it doesnt get canceled.

Me too. Am quite bummed about it as it was really looking like it'd go through since so many got cancelled last week but my order had stuck around.

I got the cancellation e-mail this morning. Lucky I found it over the weekend @ Amazon's Warehouse Deals for $8.14 ... I didn't think that link would ever work but I checked it every day. It's used, of course, but you can't beat that price. I just hope I don't get the crappy Disc. Channel one mistakenly

Just received this:
Dear Valued PBS Customer,

Thank you for your recent order of the Planet Earth: The Complete
Collection 4PK HD Version DVD .

We regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your order for
this program. This item was on closeout and due to a inventory system
error, the number of orders we received exceeded our inventory for this
item. Therefore, it was necessary to cancel your order as we will not be
receiving any further inventory and are no longer carrying this program
on Shop PBS.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Shop PBS Customer Service

Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but has anyone else been getting bombarded by Shoppbs.org catalogs since this order? I SPECIFICALLY made sure to opt out of any mailings, and I've been getting a catalog every 2 weeks since this order.

I've tried removing myself from the list using the link on the website three times and it isn't working.

Just curious if anyone else had this happen.

bread's done
Back