*OOS* PS3 160GB System w/Ratchet & Clank All 4 One & LittleBigPlanet 2 SE $199

Already have a PS3, but getting that 10 off somehow forced me to buy another one..lol. I just hope I can get it quick enough to dump All 4 One and LBP before their ebay values plummet due to everybody dumping them from these bundles.

[quote name='Edge']The PS3 upscales backwards compatible games to your highest selected display resolution, both PS1 and PS2 games can output at 1080p.[/QUOTE]

I lol'd

I guess you don't get what I mean, I'm talking about the game's internal resolution being upscaled. So if I put it ICO or Shadow of the Colossus PS2 disc in my PS3 it looks like the HD remaster, and obviously the PS3 doesn't do that. On 360 the original XBOX games that are supported have their internal resolution upgraded so they look good, the games that support widescreen like Ninja Gaiden even look amazing.

[quote name='roymustang']I lol'd

I guess you don't get what I mean, I'm talking about the game's internal resolution being upscaled. So if I put it ICO or Shadow of the Colossus PS2 disc in my PS3 it looks like the HD remaster, and obviously the PS3 doesn't do that. On 360 the original XBOX games that are supported have their internal resolution upgraded so they look good, the games that support widescreen like Ninja Gaiden even look amazing.[/QUOTE]

Which isn't upscaling at all, and you're using the completely wrong term for it. The Xbox 360 doesn't change the internal resolution for Xbox games either though, the only thing it does is add antialiasing. PS2 games look worse on an HDTV because many ran at lower resolutions to begin with, Ico for example only ran at 512x224 resolution internally when pretty much every Xbox game was 640x480.

[quote name='Edge']Which isn't upscaling at all, and you're using the completely wrong term for it. The Xbox 360 doesn't change the internal resolution for Xbox games either though, the only thing it does is add antialiasing. PS2 games look worse on an HDTV because many ran at lower resolutions to begin with, Ico for example only ran at 512x224 resolution internally when pretty much every Xbox game was 640x480.[/QUOTE]

The internal resolution is definitely upgraded on the 360, I have no doubt about this, it's not just simple anti-aliasing.

How can you sell the R&C game and the LBP2 game on Amazon? There is no UPC on the game and it specifically says 'Not for resale', will Amazon stil accept it for trade-in?

[quote name='IRHari']How can you sell the R&C game and the LBP2 game on Amazon? There is no UPC on the game and it specifically says 'Not for resale', will Amazon stil accept it for trade-in?[/QUOTE]

no, but best buy will.

[quote name='edson13']no, but best buy will.[/QUOTE]

Sadly on their site it says they'd pay $15 which is half of what Amazon will give you. I think I might just try Craigslist or Ebay.

So why wouldn't Amazon take these again? Aren't these normal games like the ones one can buy? I am looking at last year's Ratchet and Clank included in the Amazon deal and I do not see any difference or tags saying not for resale. Plus looking at the games closely on this target image they do appear to be the retail versions:

http://www.target.com/p/PlayStation-3-160GB-Black-Friday-Bundle-PlayStation-3/-/A-13831655

Can someone please explain this again?

IDK, the MGS4 bundle I bought 3 years ago in 2008 had a NOT FOR RESALE thing and no barcode on it. I assume any games that come with bundles will do that too, though I hope I'm wrong.

Of course you could always switch out the slipcovers, right?

[quote name='IRHari']How can you sell the R&C game and the LBP2 game on Amazon? There is no UPC on the game and it specifically says 'Not for resale', will Amazon stil accept it for trade-in?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IRHari']IDK, the MGS4 bundle I bought 3 years ago in 2008 had a NOT FOR RESALE thing and no barcode on it. I assume any games that come with bundles will do that too, though I hope I'm wrong.

Of course you could always switch out the slipcovers, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that makes sense. I guess we will find out next week. Happy thanksgiving!

[quote name='Estuche']So why wouldn't Amazon take these again? Aren't these normal games like the ones one can buy? I am looking at last year's Ratchet and Clank included in the Amazon deal and I do not see any difference or tags saying not for resale. Plus looking at the games closely on this target image they do appear to be the retail versions:

http://www.target.com/p/PlayStation-3-160GB-Black-Friday-Bundle-PlayStation-3/-/A-13831655

Can someone please explain this again?[/QUOTE]

the Amazon deal bundle Ratchet and Clank was a standard retail copy, if I recall correctly, with a sticker over the UPC - this version is literally bundled in the box with a specially printed copy that had not for sale on the portion of the box where the UPS is on a retail copy.

bread's done
Back