OOS - PS3 60GB Open-box - Warehouse Deals - $353.97 shipped

[quote name='rawr90']already OOS[/quote]Yep, that was quick. Oh well.[quote name='yzass69']Lets me check out. Didn't buy one, but I got to the Confirm Order page.[/quote]I tried that as well just to check and it wouldn't let me go any further (saying that my quanity of 1 was too large, or whatever the wording was).

*** We're sorry. The quantity that you requested is no longer available. The number to the right is the maximum quantity currently available. ***
(The number is 0)
Thats the error message I get during checkout.

If you want one you might want to keep checking up on this. I just got mine a few minutes ago after being told it was out of stock an hour earlier.

I'm still waiting for them to credit me for the one i returned. Not super happy with their customer service at this point.

[quote name='blueboy']I'm still waiting for them to credit me for the one i returned. Not super happy with their customer service at this point.[/quote]

Why did you return it?

[quote name='DrNo888']Why did you return it?[/quote]
Made an awful high pitched buzzing sound at all times. I'm now the happy owner of a super-quiet 40gb ps3. I just wish Amazon/warehouse deals would give me my money back for the other unit.

[quote name='blueboy']Made an awful high pitched buzzing sound at all times. I'm now the happy owner of a super-quiet 40gb ps3. I just wish Amazon/warehouse deals would give me my money back for the other unit.[/quote]

Mine has the same problem. Going to be shipping it back really soon. They did agree to reimburse shipping right?

Wow - both of you had the same issue that I had with the high-pitched whine? I contacted Sony and they sent me a box to send them the PS3 for repair or swap out. The guy I spoke with said it's usually the bearings in the fan (CPU fan?). I found that it didn't make the whine when it got cold here yesterday and room temp dropped from 80 degrees to 65 so I think he might be right. Hopefully Sony will get mine fixed up...definitely would prefer the 60GB instead of the 40GB due to BC & a little extra space. Fun system for the short time I've had it, though...

[quote name='blueboy']Made an awful high pitched buzzing sound at all times. I'm now the happy owner of a super-quiet 40gb ps3. I just wish Amazon/warehouse deals would give me my money back for the other unit.[/quote]

Amazon takes a little time on their refunds. I had preordered Lair, and canceled it when the reviews came out, but they still sent it. I returned it, and it took about three or four weeks to get the refund.

I recieved mine last night - broken disk loader. I'm gussing amazon just opened it and turned it on; it looked ok, so they sent it out again.

I'm going through Sony to fix/replace because I really want the 60gig, but having to wait a month+ (between all the shipping and 14 day repair period) really sucks.

Something to consider.

This offer is kinda killing me. I really want the 60GB, but am lacking in funds at the moment. I know of three different Kmarts in the area with 4 60GB units between them. Kmart is one of the few retailers that hasn't thrown out some deal to clearance them out, so I guess that's why they are still sitting there.

The question is would it be better to shell out an extra $150 for a unit I can return to the store or take my chances with Warehouse, should I get the chance.

Why do they continue showing this thing as being in stock until you go through the checkout process? Strange. In my experience, Warehouse Deals has been near-instant in terms of removing items from the site once you purchase the last one.

[quote name='thelonepig']This offer is kinda killing me. I really want the 60GB, but am lacking in funds at the moment. I know of three different Kmarts in the area with 4 60GB units between them. Kmart is one of the few retailers that hasn't thrown out some deal to clearance them out, so I guess that's why they are still sitting there.

The question is would it be better to shell out an extra $150 for a unit I can return to the store or take my chances with Warehouse, should I get the chance.[/quote]
I would go with having peace of mind knowing i can return it but thats just me... where are you located i wanna get a new 60 giger?

[quote name='sliqnes']I would go with having peace of mind knowing i can return it but thats just me... where are you located i wanna get a new 60 giger?[/quote]

Northern Utah. There are three Kmarts that have these that I know of - there's one in the town I live in, two where my folks live, and one halfway between us.

I think I'm with you on the peace of mind. My wife told me that if I can come up with half of the money through game sales, etc that we can foot the other half from tax returns this year.

Here's to hoping at least one is still there come March.

[quote name='eau']Does this qualify for the mail-in free 5 BR movies? The mail-in requires the receipt and UPC.[/quote]I would imagine the damage to the box may or may not be the removal of a UPC. So I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='eau']Does this qualify for the mail-in free 5 BR movies? The mail-in requires the receipt and UPC.[/quote]

The general concensus on the last thread was no. The receipt specifically states the unit is refurb, thus disqualifying the promotion.

[quote name='thelonepig']The general concensus on the last thread was no. The receipt specifically states the unit is refurb, thus disqualifying the promotion.[/quote]

My receipt didn't mention it being a refurb.

Amazon apparently cancelled my order today because they didn't have any 60 gigs left to send out.

bread's done
Back