(oos)Star Trek The Next Generation Complete Series $99.00 + shipping

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
GoHastings has Star Trek The Next Generation The Complete Series [gohastings.com] for $69.99 with $2.28 shipping. Add in coupon code GHWES1110 for $5 off. 49 disc set. This is by far the cheapest I've ever seen the whole series go for. Works out to less than $10 a season.
This is on slickdeals so it won't last

Looks like u need to be logged in to use the coupon maybe

Edit back in stock for 99.00

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, 3 discs in and no issues with playback. I decided to try playback on the oldest DVD player I had, which is one of my original Xboxs.

Mine came thursday some of the case was cracked and broken on the top and bottom. Im on disc 2 now and have had no problems yet. I am planning on getting some 5mm slim double disc cases and putting them into the bigger case part if I measured everything correctly.

your faster then me jp :( i have been busy though i got through the one where no one has gone before its like episode 5 Im enjoying it and no trouble so far

If it ever drops back down to the $70 area again I'll pick another set, for myself. Just can't justify the $100 after getting it $30 cheaper not but two weeks ago.

I swear to Zod they had better not cancel on me again! Still have half a mind to call them out on their stock issues from my last order if this actually ships this time.

[quote name='JP']I'm all the way through Season 2, no disc problems.[/QUOTE]

Nice, now you're at the part where the show gets good.

[quote name='mkelehan']Nice, now you're at the part where the show gets good.[/QUOTE]
The first 2 seasons are awesome as well, you just have to ignore Yar and Pulaski. Those 2 are awful.

[quote name='ackbar7']The first 2 seasons are awesome as well, you just have to ignore Yar and Pulaski. Those 2 are awful.[/QUOTE]

lol yea Yar sucks so bad i had forgetten about her. they had a whole episode dedicated to her and it was dumb

Hastings needs to get their shit straight. You can't claim these are pricing mistakes when they keep having it for considerably less than most places. They must just not have a good inventory tracking system.

For now it looks like my $100 order is still In Progress, but it says out of stock on my order status page so I have no idea what's going to happen. Hopefully I got in early enough this time around to actually get it.

[quote name='bredbu']lol yea Yar sucks so bad i had forgetten about her. they had a whole episode dedicated to her and it was dumb[/QUOTE]

Most of those bad episodes the first season (and some in the second) are re-writes of scripts from The Original Series--including the one with Yar I think you're referring to. Pulaski was the only one I couldn't stand (she was in The Original Series also!), but there was some over-acting along with awkward situations and dialogues until they got the characters fleshed out.

Honestly I think if Yar and Pulaski survived into the later seasons of the show, they would have been just as likeable. Every character in TNG was awkward in the first couple of seasons to a certain degree.

WTF is going on with Gohastings? I've placed several orders for other titles that claim they're in-stock, only to get repeatedly canceled over and over. I don't get it -- is there inventory system just not being updated? Some issue with my credit card (though I'm not having a problem anywhere else).

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']WTF is going on with Gohastings? I've placed several orders for other titles that claim they're in-stock, only to get repeatedly canceled over and over. I don't get it -- is there inventory system just not being updated? Some issue with my credit card (though I'm not having a problem anywhere else).[/QUOTE]

CS rep I talked to after mine got canceled made it seem like they just a take a bunch of orders and cancel when they physically run out of stock. 2nd time i've been canceled on by them with no email or anything

[quote name='capybara554321']did anyone else notice that most of the eps start a new chapter after the opening but on a few they have been placed about a min or two after[/QUOTE]
That is an anomaly on my season sets too. Kind of irked me they screwed up something like that, but oh well.

And here I thought the chapter starting problem was just because I bought the foreign version (with subtitles). Do any of your discs end before the final episode finishes? Again, I figured with the extra languages, they ran out of room on some discs and so the episode aburptly ends with a minute or two left to go. Do the "real" discs have this problem sometimes also?

On some discs, it's the entire last chapter act that is missing; on others, it plays all the way through. Fortunately, I've seen almost every episode so I know what happens. (Been watching these with my son, and we're up to disc 5 of Season 7. So far, only 3 episodes total I don't ever recall seeing on TV during its original run or in syndicated re-runs.)

I'm not sure I understand. Some episodes end early and stuff that should be shown isn't, or the menu is screwed up for the pointers if you want to start an episode somewhere in the middle?

I haven't noticed anything unusual on mine but I've only watched a few eps so far. Can someone tell me the name of an episode that has a problem and I'll check it out?

The last episode we watched where that occurred was Season 7, Episode 12 "The Pegasus". Since it was the fourth episode on the disc, the disc returns to the main menu before completing the final chapter where the Enterprise escapes. As I said, I'm sure it's just because they needed the room for the extra languages. If the official discs were released like this, there would have been an uproar.

[quote name='soonersfan60']The last episode we watched where that occurred was Season 7, Episode 12 "The Pegasus". Since it was the fourth episode on the disc, the disc returns to the main menu before completing the final chapter where the Enterprise escapes. As I said, I'm sure it's just because they needed the room for the extra languages. If the official discs were released like this, there would have been an uproar.[/QUOTE]

Wut? This is a official release...

I understand that. I'm guessing mine is not an official release; however, I've had all of the other problems described here also. Originally I thought it was because mine was not official, but since all the other problems were the same I was just curious about the end of disc issue I had. Figured it was just my set (but I thought that about the other issues also, and that turned out not to be the case).

bread's done
Back