[OOS]Wii Classic and Nunchuk Controllers at Gamestop.com

SHIT. I just bought a classic on ebay yesterday for 10 bucks over retail because I couldnt find them anywhere! :cry:

Tempting, but SAVER is just offering me free shipping on my next order, and I seldom order from them.

Given it will be a while before I have time to get in to any 2D VC games, I'll probably just wait until the CC are available in stores around here (don't need another nunchuck, already have 2).

THANK YOU!!

Now I have 4 chucks and can finally play some 4 player Monkey Ball mini games!!...well the ones that need the chuck...hope they are good...Thanks again!

Hmm...I don't know if I'm ever going to get my Classic Controller that I preordered in-store back in October with my system. Maybe I'll flip a coin on this. Thanks for the 'heads up'.

EDIT: fuck the coin flip. I got it. My preorder credit can go to Smooth Moves or something. The "SAVER" free shipping was applied on this order, by the way, even though it states "next order" in red text.

It's one per customer. By any chance, does anyone know if ordering on ebgames.com after ordering from gamestop.com doesn't share costumers when it comes to limit? I got 2 brothers that need these.

[quote name='jollydwarf']The "SAVER" free shipping was applied on this order, by the way, even though it states "next order" in red text.[/QUOTE]

Weird. Doesn't work for me, regardless of what shipping level I select it stills hows up on the final page with the charge and a note saying:

"This coupon will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. Here is the description of the coupon:

Free Value Shipping on your next order. Excludes consoles & console bundles. Only one offer per order.

You may continue checking out without a discount; to receive a discount, read the coupon description above and make the appropriate adjustment(s) to your shopping cart."

Well, I was ready to pay the $2.99, but it wasn't there at the "Purchase" page, and here's what the order details look like:

Wii Classic Controller Wii 1 Usually ships
in 24 hours $19.99

Sub-Total: $19.99

Handling (No additional shipping fee): $0.00
Tax: $1.25

TOTAL: $21.24

Why did it work? Got me!

i ordered mine from play-asia got the jap versions. I'm stilling waiting on the component cable from them sigh, I think ill also order a wii mote with game from them also.

Man...Site is SLOW!!!

Got it.

BTW, SAVER works for the current order, not the next order as stated in the Disclaimer. I don't know why they dont change that!

[quote name='Critte']It's one per customer. By any chance, does anyone know if ordering on ebgames.com after ordering from gamestop.com doesn't share costumers when it comes to limit? I got 2 brothers that need these.[/quote]

in for a Nunchuck and CC. opted for the overnight option since i didnt want to wait. still not bad for $53 they go for alot more on ebay.

[quote name='Critte']It's one per customer. By any chance, does anyone know if ordering on ebgames.com after ordering from gamestop.com doesn't share costumers when it comes to limit? I got 2 brothers that need these.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat. I am still tracking down a system but I did place both orders we will see.

In for 1 of each, thanks OP! Hopefully they'll actually have them and ship them unlike when I tried to order some from amazon.com through office depot :bomb:

Hey everyone.

Just came back from the GS B&M store at Metro Center Mall in Colma, California.

They just got in some stuff:

Wii Nunchuk (at least 10)

Wii Classic Controller (at least 10)

Wii Remote (At least 8)

Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (24 copies)

If you want em' and you're in the area, you might want to get em' now. A lot of people have been calling and asking for them while I was chatting with the manager there for about 90 minutes. About a dozen people came in asking about the nunchuks and remotes alone, but the manager didn't get around to opening the boxes that had just come in by UPS until around 20 minutes ago. (it's now 12:07pm PST as of this posting)

Hope this helps.

[quote name='Number83']Man...Site is SLOW!!!

Got it.

BTW, SAVER works for the current order, not the next order as stated in the Disclaimer. I don't know why they dont change that![/QUOTE]

Man, I wonder why it's not working for me.

[quote name='Snake2715']I am in the same boat. I am still tracking down a system but I did place both orders we will see.[/QUOTE]

Finding the system is the easy part. Just ask Toy R Us when thier fed-ex comes in on monday.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Weird. Doesn't work for me, regardless of what shipping level I select it stills hows up on the final page with the charge and a note saying:

"This coupon will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. Here is the description of the coupon:

Free Value Shipping on your next order. Excludes consoles & console bundles. Only one offer per order.

You may continue checking out without a discount; to receive a discount, read the coupon description above and make the appropriate adjustment(s) to your shopping cart."[/QUOTE]
Change the handling type to "USA Value" at checkout step 1.

[quote name='Critte']Finding the system is the easy part. Just ask Toy R Us when thier fed-ex comes in on monday.[/QUOTE]

I will do this. Thanks

[quote name='Critte']Finding the system is the easy part. Just ask Toy R Us when thier fed-ex comes in on monday.[/QUOTE]

What if they say no?

[quote name='BIG5']Change the handling type to "USA Value" at checkout step 1.[/QUOTE]

Weird, that wasn't working for me, but I did it like 3 more times after reading your post and it finally showed up as $0.00 shipping for me.

Ordered 1 classic.

[quote name='Arakias']What if they say no?[/QUOTE]

Never had to deal with a no before. They are not allow to tell people when they get any system in. That why you gotta ask when the fedex shipment comes in for the games (or some type of accessories). Now if they ask if your looking for the system, just tell them no so they can still tell you when the shipment comes.

I'm pretty sure that more Toys R Us management types than not will be pretty reluctant to tell Joe or Jane Consumer what time a Fed-Ex shipment is coming in. I know that I'd be more than a little leery of such a request. Of course, I have a built-in distrust of people across the board, so that's to be expected.

Maybe make sure you shave and comb your hair before you ask...if the former is even applicable. Also, don't wear a ski cap (or ski mask, natch!) while asking, unless it's got a Bert or Ernie-faced 'ballie' on the top. Hot Topic clothing should result in an instant "No", based on aesthetics and principle.

[quote name='Critte']It's one per customer. By any chance, does anyone know if ordering on ebgames.com after ordering from gamestop.com doesn't share costumers when it comes to limit? I got 2 brothers that need these.[/quote]

I placed 2 seperate orders yesterday of 1 each of the nunchucks and it let me have them both last night. They both shipped today.

The GS Manager at my local store did say that they would be getting more of these by today--glad to see that coming to pass. I'll head out there later this afternoon.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I'm pretty sure that more Toys R Us management types than not will be pretty reluctant to tell Joe or Jane Consumer what time a Fed-Ex shipment is coming in. I know that I'd be more than a little leery of such a request. Of course, I have a built-in distrust of people across the board, so that's to be expected.

Maybe make sure you shave and comb your hair before you ask...if the former is even applicable. Also, don't wear a ski cap (or ski mask, natch!) while asking, unless it's got a Bert or Ernie-faced 'ballie' on the top. Hot Topic clothing should result in an instant "No", based on aesthetics and principle.[/QUOTE]

It actually the assistant manager on duty that told me that. Beside, my appearance alone make me look like I can be trusted. It's amazing how much more people can trust ya when a fashion sense is lacked.

Check CC if you can't wait for the shipping. I went to cc.com and found some classics and nunchucks available for in store pick up.

my order has been backordered.

Stopped by an EB yesterday after work and actually found their last three nunchucks to buy!

[quote name='johnwashere']My classic controller got shipped yesterday and its arriving monday:bouncy: Finally get to play Mario 64![/QUOTE]

Same here, should have it on Monday. Though I'm just looking forward to using it as a more comfortable option to the Wii remote on the TG16 games that I have so far.

Finally get to play Mario 64!

Just for the record and to reiterate what's been thrown out there countless times since the Wii launch, the first-party Gamecube controllers work just fine for VC titles*, despite what the Wii itself says.

*--So far, anyway.

I wouldn't say it works "just fine" for 2D games. The D-pad is a worthless piece of shit and pretty much unusable and the analog stick won't work in 2D games (like it would with the GB Player).

But yes, it does technically work, and works great for Mario.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Finally get to play Mario 64!

Just for the record and to reiterate what's been thrown out there countless times since the Wii launch, the first-party Gamecube controllers work just fine for VC titles*, despite what the Wii itself says.

*--So far, anyway.[/quote]

umm well I cant seem to get mario 64 to play with my wavebird. Everytime I try to play it, it says you need a classic controller. I can only press A and that just exits the screen :( The wii says I can use the GC controller but it never works :( I know other people are having this problem too

[quote name='johnwashere']umm well I cant seem to get mario 64 to play with my wavebird. Everytime I try to play it, it says you need a classic controller. I can only press A and that just exits the screen :( The wii says I can use the GC controller but it never works :( I know other people are having this problem too[/QUOTE]

Have you tried it using the wired Gamecube controller?

But yes, it does technically work, and works great for Mario.

I've used a brand-new wired controller, and only for that game.

Still Processing for my Classic Controller. Usually Ships In 24 Hours my ass! Hell, I'll take 48 by this point!

Oh fux0r yeah! I ordered a nunchuk yesterday, and it showed up today! WTF?! YAY ME!

EDIT: Just tracked my order. It shipped from Dallas, which is like 5 hours from here. Not so suprising then. :)

bread's done
Back