CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here your chance

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

:cool:

For the lazy..

WHAT ARE THE DATES FOR THE BETA?
THE OPEN BETA STARTS SEPTEMBER 29TH ON XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3, AND PC. THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDERED THE PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 THROUGH ORIGIN OR OWN THE LIMITED/TIER 1 EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR FOR XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3 OR PC, WILL HAVE EARLY ACCESS STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 27TH. THE OPEN BETA ENDS ON OCTOBER 10TH.

WHERE DO I GET THE BETA?
ON PLAYSTATION 3, THE BETA WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK STORE. ON XBOX 360, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR ON XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE. ON PC, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR IN THE ORIGIN APPLICATION'S FREE GAMES PAGE.

HOW DO I INSTALL THE BETA?
ON CONSOLE, YOU SIMPLY DOWNLOAD THE BETA AND PLAY. ON PC, YOU FIRST INSTALL THE ORIGIN CLIENT (DIRECT DOWNLOAD, ~50MB: WWW.ORIGIN.COM/DOWNLOAD ) AND THEN INSTALL THE BETA FROM WITHIN THE ORIGIN CLIENT. MORE DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE BEFORE THE BETA STARTS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a deal..
cant you read...
blah blah blah (more ranting about how u suck and such)

There, all the ugly stuff is out of the way...now onto more important things:

I CANT WAIT!!!!

So this is free and open to everyone? Do I need to sign up somewhere?

Edit: I little more exploration of that page answered my question. I'm quite excited, I thought I'd have to rent it to see if I liked the feel of it.

I got the beta today (bought Medal of Honor limited edition and got the early access code) and I must say I am blown away. This game has went from a rental to a must buy for me!!!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']do we just go to that site on 9/29 for a code or something? or will this be on xbox live marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Marketplace, PSN, Origin Store etc

The beta sucks, it's one map and rush only. Yes I bought Medal of Honor >_>
I'm considering not buying this anymore. Everyone prone camps and kills me in 2 shots when it takes me like 10 bullets. And I got a knife hitmarker earlier today. There is no real difference between the engines (BC2 vs BF3), at least from what I have played (2 hours or so). Oh and the graphics are worse than MW2. But at least I had more fun than black ops. Anyways, that's my 2 cents. All PS3 by the way.

Playing the beta today and it's closer to MOH than BC2. I did preorder it and somewhat enjoying the beta, but going to be a game time decision whether to pick it up right away.

Tons of small bugs and texture glitches in the beta...was expected though. Looks ok. I assume it is an older build than what they are currently working with.

The worst glitch by far is that there is a part of the map near the first Alpha objective where there is a small pit/pot hole in the ground near a green divider thingy. If you step into the pit/pot hole you sink through the map every time, and fall underneath it. From here you can look up through the ground and camp Alpha, and shoot anyone who tries to arm it and the only way to kill you is for opfor to toss a grenade down the small hole, or glitch under the map themselves and kill the asshole who is camping. I was playing an hour ago and tossed a grenade down that hole and killed 3 camping ass-hats, only to have them down there camping again a few minutes later.

It is a beta after-all...but there are some gnarly glitches. Still getting this game day-1 though because I am sure that will all be worked out by release day ;)

[quote name='Nohbdy']Now come back to us when you've tried it on PC.[/QUOTE]

Someones pissed that they didnt like the game :lol:

[quote name='jj5206']I got the beta today (bought Medal of Honor limited edition and got the early access code) and I must say I am blown away. This game has went from a rental to a must buy for me!!![/QUOTE]

It really sucks they gave early beta to people who bought MoH and completely shafted the BC2 players. Oh well, I can wait one more day I guess.

[quote name='kudu91']The beta sucks, it's one map and rush only. Yes I bought Medal of Honor >_>
I'm considering not buying this anymore. Everyone prone camps and kills me in 2 shots when it takes me like 10 bullets. And I got a knife hitmarker earlier today. There is no real difference between the engines (BC2 vs BF3), at least from what I have played (2 hours or so). Oh and the graphics are worse than MW2. But at least I had more fun than black ops. Anyways, that's my 2 cents. All PS3 by the way.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should go back to CoD, it obviously sounds like you aren't very good at shooters. If you were to try aiming your gun and adjust for bullet drop and recoil, maybe you could get some kills.

Also, you must be blind if you really believe the graphics are worse than MW2 (Which is based on an almost 5 year old engine).

Damn there are some really noticeable texture and physic glitches. I hope they have patches ready for October 25th.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Damn there are some really noticeable texture and physic glitches. I hope they have patches ready for October 25th.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a demo, this is a beta. Do you guys really not know the difference between the two?

Most of the issues that people are having have more than likely been addressed by DICE months ago. This is an old build and doesn't reflect the final product...

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Maybe you should go back to CoD, it obviously sounds like you aren't very good at shooters. If you were to try aiming your gun and adjust for bullet drop and recoil, maybe you could get some kills.

Also, you must be blind if you really believe the graphics are worse than MW2 (Which is based on an almost 5 year old engine).[/QUOTE]

lol You're right. I shoot a guy 2 feet in front of me with every shot getting a hitmarker but it takes 10 shots. Clearly, you're a battlefield 3 fanboy who can't accept the game is bad. I have yet to go negative in this beta, it's just super frustrating to play. And the graphics are worse, at least on PS3. You can talk about PC being better but I'm on the PS3. Maybe you should leave that bridge of yours and play something not battlefield.

You're forgetting Battlefield is more revolved around TEAM PLAY than racking up individual stats. Your K/D really doesn't matter. This isn't CoD. Have you not figured that out yet?

I been playing the PS3 beta for a couple of hours now, its been fun game so far, BF3 is way way different than CoD, its more tactical and requires actual teamwork to get the win which I like very much but I just don't see myself buying this game over MW3 at launch. I'll probably buy it in the near future once it goes on sale (like I did with Bad Company 2)

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']You're forgetting Battlefield is more revolved around TEAM PLAY than racking up individual stats. Your K/D really doesn't matter. This isn't CoD. Have you not figured that out yet?[/QUOTE]

Never said I had a high KD. Just that I didn't go negative. I won 5/6 matches I played today. I don;t care about KD, but I know many people do. In Cod my W/L is at least twice my KD, I never don't play with a team. Oh and speaking of. Me and my 2 friends couldn't hear each other even though we were in the same squad in game. Hope this is fixed soon.

Been playing it all day yesterday all I'm sold.. it plays way differently from BC2, Run'N'Gun definitely would get you killed fast, faster than in any other Battlefield game.. slow and tactical is the name of the game, and bullets just feel more deadlier..

It's pretty good, but it's just another modern military shooter where you get killed from people you didn't spot in the distance.

I'll wait for a price drop/sale. I am surprised at how well it runs on 360. It doesn't look great, but it plays very smoothly.

Lot of bugs for a "beta" build just a few weeks before release. Constantly seeing people sitting under the map and shooting people from there. Pretty annoying.

Frickin Sony is really going downhill. I mean WTF??

Battlefield 3 Beta Live Today But PSN Will Be Down For 2 Hours

The Battlefield 3 beta goes live for everyone to play today but PlayStation 3 players won't be able to play for a couple of hours tonight.
Up until today, the Battlefield 3 beta was only available to people who had bought the Medal Of Honor: Special Edition.
Sony has said that PSN will be down this evening from 5pm-7pm (BST) and will only affect registration and signing in to the Network.
If you want to play during those hours make sure you sign in before 5pm and you should be okay. But don't hold us to it.
The maintenance will actually last from 5-9pm, so don't be surprised if the Network is inaccessible until much later in the evening.
If you want to keep an eye on things, the PlayStation Twitter feed is probably the best place to get the latest news.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/107315...e_today_but_psn_will_be_down_for_2_hours.html

I got some time went on to download the beta and the store doesn't work. If the PS3 wasn't so superior in all other thing to the xbox I would dump it in a hurry.

This map does feel like Medal of Honor, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Medal of Honor had some good things going for it. It just fell into a no-man's land between BFBC2 and Call of Duty. You do die a lot but once you get your legs under you, it is easier to survive. Also, communication is key in this game.

Finally, remember this beta, not a demo. DICE is actually looking for feedback and is likely checking servers and such.

I tired to download the beta on PSN at 11am central and it gave me the "sorry your account can't access this" I really hope its up by 4pm when I get off school.

[quote name='the8055']I tired to download the beta on PSN at 11am central and it gave me the "sorry your account can't access this" I really hope its up by 4pm when I get off school.[/QUOTE]

it's 6:30 in the uk and the article says that they are scheduled it to be done by 7:00 but most likely will go untill at least 9:00. Sony is stupid this is the third time this month and nobody in sony said hey wait the 29th is a big day for the playstation gamers?

Anyway expect the worst and hope for the best. the best being a half hour or so more the worst hours more of down time.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']This map does feel like Medal of Honor, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Medal of Honor had some good things going for it. It just fell into a no-man's land between BFBC2 and Call of Duty. You do die a lot but once you get your legs under you, it is easier to survive. Also, communication is key in this game.

Finally, remember this beta, not a demo. DICE is actually looking for feedback and is likely checking servers and such.[/QUOTE]

I don't like that you can lay down. I like it when the lowest you can go is a kneel. I wish they had another game mode for the beta as rush feels like the run and gun of COD type play and players.

Either way i die a lot I am an old pc gamer and even after some years now on the console I just can't aim with those damn sticks.

Being a beta I can't really offer an opinion but I had some guy shoot me thru a 3 foot wall then noticed he stayed there and shot people thru the same wall for a while.

There is something weird with unloading a clip on someone and they live and shoot you once with the same gun in the chest and I die. Could be a beta thing I will have to wait and see.

I love battlefield and I hope for the best.

Edit:

No mute function (I don't think)on the beta... there was some special ed kid playing and was doing special ed talk non stop.

Played for a few minutes on ps3 tonight. Gonna get this on PC - doesn't feel like BF using the controller! Also, I kept getting sniped from invisible shooters. Not fun.

I'm no graphics whore but does anyone else think the graphics are shit. From reading all the previews I was hyped but was dissapointed with how it looks. Other than that it's a blast.

it basically looks like bad company 2 with some better lighting and worse textures. This is an old build though too.

So far loving everything except the sniping, the sniping on bf bc 2 was more challenging. Try it out if you haven't already

bread's done
Back