Open box Turtle Beach PX5 back @ newegg for $87

Just ordered one, thank you. Just bought Turtle Beach PX21 the other day @ BB, I can return them and get these for the same price.

It was posted at 6:59am on SD so between both sites, I'm sure it was gone within 10 minutes. I too have been waiting for these to come back in stock as last time I was debating for too long.

So bummed I missed this. Been wanting these for some time now, but can't bring myself to the $200 price tag. Anything below a hundy and I'm in.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Are these worth it or should I get a surround sound 5.1?[/QUOTE]

I'm still semi skeptical on high end wireless headsets. I get the concept and all, but wireless and top end don't compute in my logic. Granted these are a great pair of headsets though.

Just received these from Newegg. Came in an official "refurbished" package (first time I see special branding for recertified products). Look as new, work just fine and I ran them through the tests. All accessories are included. 30 day warranty is a risk, obviously. Sound is good but not exceptional. Definitely light on bass, so if this is not your taste, don't even consider these. Oh, and they are not good for PC games. Can't decode PCLM, which is what most games use for surround sound. So it's a either stereo or fake Dolby PL IIx.
On the other hand these are perfect for Blu-Ray players as all movies have Dolby soundtrack and these cans can pass it on in all glory without any additional encoding. Surround sound is not true as anyone with a decent surround setup can attest. Basically, I would call these wide area stereo, at best. No wonder since these cans have only one speaker for each ear. Not easy to reproduce sounds whizzing around you with only 2 speakers. Any modern receiver can reproduce the same sound on the regular stereo cans - one doesn't need to pay through the roof to get the same effect.
What I like about these headphones though is simultaneous Wireless sound + Bluetooth. No more missed calls while I am playing in headphones.
Also, the fit is a bit awkward. I have a big head and yet, I am using these on the tightest setting. And they are still loose on my head and fall off if I recline my head! I can't imagine who they designed these for. They are soft and nice, but just don't grip your head as they should.
You also have to watch out for interference with Wi-Fi routers. These two just don't like each other. So if you planning to use them in the same room where Wi-Fi router is set up, reconsider and buy wired heads instead.

bread's done
Back