Open NAT router

Flushola

CAGiversary!
Argh! This thing is making me crazy. When I tried playing Forza 2 online, I got the message about my NAT being 'strict'. Didn't really care that much. Now that I'm playing Halo 3 online, it's a pain in the ass. I have a Netgear wgr614 v6. I've tried a bunch of different stuff to get my NAT to be 'open' but no luck so far.

If anyone knows how to change my router to 'open', or if you know of a good router that will make it much easier to change this freakin' setting, please let me know!

I have a Netgear WGT624 v3 router and I had the same problem. Here's what I did to open the router for Xbox Live.

Choose the LAN IP Setup section (or similiar).

What you're looking for is the RIP Direction and RIP Version settings.

The default for both of those make the router strict for Live. I suggest changing RIP Direction to 'Both' to make matchmaking the fastest and RIP Version to RIP_1.

If this doesn't help I suggest you look through this thread.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, but still no luck. Here is what I have:

Port 3074 forwarded
Port 88 forwarded
No DMZ set up
RIP direction - both
RIP version - RIP_1
Xbox 360 Address Reservation (maybe this is the problem??)
UPnP is on

Anything need to be changed??

[quote name='Flushola']Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, but still no luck. Here is what I have:

Port 3074 forwarded
Port 88 forwarded
No DMZ set up
RIP direction - both
RIP version - RIP_1
Xbox 360 Address Reservation (maybe this is the problem??)
UPnP is on

Anything need to be changed??[/quote]u put the port fowarding for both TCP and UDP?

Fort Forwarding 88 UDP
Fort Fowarding 3074 UDP
Fort Fowarding 3074 TCP
Then go to you 360 blade and click test connections... if your router still say "Moderate"

Add this

Fort Fowarding 2074 UDP
Fort Fowarding 2074 TCP

I should show OPEN next to your router when you check/test it... Unless, you doing something wrong... :)

Make sure you unplug the router for 10 sec and then plug it back in.

I had similar problems with a Belkin Router, made all these changes, and it didn't help, even though the router "rebooted" itself after the changes. I physically pulled the plug and then powered it back up, and all of the sudden my changes took effect "for real" and I was "open".

bread's done
Back