Opening New Gaming Store Need help

Tsiawd

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good software program to not only track inventory and prices but gives you up to date trade in values. I was going to make up something using excel but figured i would ask first. Also if anyone has experience with this any help/info/tips would be great. Do you kinda just know the trade in values or look online and see what some prices are? Thanks for the time and help! email or pm if u would like.

[email protected]

wow. I would suggest not opening a store if you don't understand how stores set trade in values.

There is no "magic software" that gives you "up to date" trade in values.

well a lot of stores DO HAVE software that gives them trade in values and keeps a database. I know how values work but i am just asking how most do it. IF they base sales off retail or ebay n otherstores, etc just trying to find whats the best and get info on everyones approach. soo thanks for the "support"

[quote name='Tsiawd']well a lot of stores DO HAVE software that gives them trade in values and keeps a database. I know how values work but i am just asking how most do it. IF they base sales off retail or ebay n otherstores, etc just trying to find whats the best and get info on everyones approach. soo thanks for the "support"[/quote]

A lot of stores? You mean gamestop/eb? They have their own software that is custom. The same goes with Gamerush/Rhino/Etc.

The typical rule at EB/GS is to give you about 30% of what the current retail value is, but that depends on the demand of the title. The trade in pricing there makes absolutely no sense. Case and point. NCAA 2007 for 360 was selling for $49.99 used a few months ago. They were offering $14 in trade in credit for it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']A lot of stores? You mean gamestop/eb? They have their own software that is custom. The same goes with Gamerush/Rhino/Etc.

The typical rule at EB/GS is to give you about 30% of what the current retail value is, but that depends on the demand of the title. The trade in pricing there makes absolutely no sense. Case and point. NCAA 2007 for 360 was selling for $49.99 used a few months ago. They were offering $14 in trade in credit for it.[/QUOTE]

It's a simple combination of: Demand, price, rarity and genre.

bread's done
Back