Opera browser free until June 2007

Not sure this is anything new, but I like that it says it's free for everyone. NoA never commented on that particular promo.

I would have paid $5 - $15 for this for the sheer convenience of being able to browse the Web on my TV. The Flash and AJAX capability makes it pretty robust, and the way the remote will work with it is a bit of a wild card. Nice gesture to give it away for the first seven months as it's not exactly something they can market widely.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I am still waitin for NOA to say something, hopefully they will mention a Wiiplay combo as well[/quote]

That would be awesome if we get that here - hopefully we at least just get the title at launch, even if it's standalone.

But the WiiPlay/Wiimote combo would be killer.

Nice, I sure as well wasn't going to pay for it since I'll probably rarely use it if ever. It'll be nice to mess around with now that it's free though.

[quote name='eldad9']Have you tried Opera on your PC/Mac/etc??[/QUOTE]

Reading this article actually prompted me to download Opera and give it a try. I'm actually using it now. I like it.

[quote name='lebowsky']Reading this article actually prompted me to download Opera and give it a try. I'm actually using it now. I like it.[/QUOTE]

It's really nice when you master the mouse button gestures. For instance, press the right button and move the mouse to the left. It will bring up a window first telling you that you've done a gesture. This allows you to move back and forth in the browser without pressing back.

[quote name='munch']It's really nice when you master the mouse button gestures. For instance, press the right button and move the mouse to the left. It will bring up a window first telling you that you've done a gesture. This allows you to move back and forth in the browser without pressing back.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that rocks! Thanks.

[quote name='munch']It's really nice when you master the mouse button gestures. For instance, press the right button and move the mouse to the left. It will bring up a window first telling you that you've done a gesture. This allows you to move back and forth in the browser without pressing back.[/QUOTE]
Opera + DS & Wii suddenly make much more sense. I was always peeved it wasn't Firefox. ;)

Yeah, Firefox doesn't have mouse gestures built into it, but there is an extension that enables it.

I wasn't ever going to pay for the this browser, as my computer is right next to my television screen. I'm happy I can at least try it out though, it might be interesting to browse websites with the Wii-mote, and perhaps play some flash games with it as well.

I just use the keyboard. z/x for back/forward, 1/2 to switch between tabs, etc.

bread's done
Back