Opinion on 360 Elite or Halo 3 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcroa7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I am going to try another post since the mods moved my original topic into the halo 3 thread (not sure why) Anyways here is my predicament. I am getting a new 360 to take advantage of the HDMI and 1080P on my tv. I have 2 variations and I was looking for outside assistance, please give your thoughts and or opinions. Here is my quandry:
1. Elite 360 big harddrive and black accessories also includes HDMI cable (yes I know Monoprice makes that not a big deal)

2. Halo 3 edition of 360, supposedly first systems to have new chips and heatsinks, no HDMI cable odd but slightly cool color. My thoughts on this are if it ends up being like the Halo Xbox than it should retain more value for ebay or craigslist down the road over the elite or premium. Obviously this will depend on the production run.

So thinking of future use/resale potential which do you all believe has the best value long haul. I am kind of leaning towards the Halo 3 but am still undecided. I currently have the HDDVD add on as well as 4 wireless controllers and no I don't have any surround sound nor do I plan on getting do to little kids and smaller house. Mods please don't roll this into the Halo 3 thread as it actually has nothing to do with the game or the release, thanks !:bouncy:

Do you think you'll use the extra 100gigs of HD space? If so, I'd spend the extra $50 on the elite.

I still have my launch console with no HDMI since I dont have an HDTV and I dont really download movies or use the media center at all. So I dont see any point of upgrading atm, but that's me.

Another note: The Halo3 360 doesnt have an optical port. Not sure if you want that or not. But it's a thing to consider.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152789

I think the Halo 3 unit looks pretty cool and would agree RE: value retention based on what happened w/ the original Xbox Halo version. I would only get the Elite instead if a) you need a seperate optical audio out cable (I'm in this boat myself) or b) you really need 120 gb (i.e. you're planning on downloading lots of movies).

[quote name='sasukekun']
Another note: The Halo3 360 doesnt have an optical port. Not sure if you want that or not. But it's a thing to consider.http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152789[/quote]

Just to clarify, no 360's have an optical port on the actual system. It's just an attachment on the component/composite AV cable that comes with the system. I actually have a Pro console, can any Elite owners clarify whether it comes with that AV cable?

If so, then you would be able to use that optical out, it just wouldn't be pretty with a bunch of loose wires lying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back