opinions on PSP game line-up ?

davidjinfla

CAGiversary!
As cool as the hardware refresh looks how about those new games coming out? To bad they didn't show Jean d arc (sp?) or monster hunter 2, guess they are coming out really soon. And how come there was no mention of direct PSP download service for PS1 games, music, improved internet? Maybe saving for TGS?

I actually think the PSP is doing great game-wise. Sure, people love their nintendo, but who doesn't. At least the PSP offers some cheap games that are worth peoples money...and until September rolls I don't want to be hearing of TGS, its way too early

PSP is all about the games that bomba and become cheap. Like the $10 copy of daxter I just finished, and the $15 Killzone Liberation I'm playing now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']pursuit force XJ looks really good... always I have had something good to find on PSP unlike the newer home consoles.[/quote]

Word. And the line-up, we kinda already knew about, lol. It's 2008 and beyond (outside of GoW2 and Crisis Core) that looks mad murky.

I think it's time for Maverick Hunter X2 and X3 in one spiffy UMD!

Silent Hill Origins looks fantastic, I'm looking forward to the Dracula X Chronicles, Jeanne D'Arc, and Tales of the World as well.

I would be more excited about FFT, but the lag between attacks is unforgivable.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Word. And the line-up, we kinda already knew about, lol. It's 2008 and beyond (outside of GoW2 and Crisis Core) that looks mad murky.

I think it's time for Maverick Hunter X2 and X3 in one spiffy UMD![/QUOTE]

Don't even joke. As good as The 1st one was it was too cool for Capcom to make a sequel. Same thing for powered up. Could you imagine Mega man 2 or 3 done like that? It would just be too good. no way Capcom would do that. :)

PSP needs some RPGs... that's my only complaint. I mean... there's VP Lenneth and that's pretty much it. All the other RPGs either aren't very good or ports.

More than satisfied with the current game lineup, and it's only looking better and better as future titles are revealed.

Even though my original intention was to get a PSP for emulation, I ended up ignoring homebrew almost completely, and started buying PSP games.

I was mostly into the PSP games because I wanted some RPGs, but wanted something that went a little deeper than the standard-fare casual gamer stuff from Square-Enix, but ended up finding more and more as I gravitated away from the crowd that took GameRankings as the ultimate verdict for good/bad games.

Admittedly enough, I was a part of the crowd who thought the PSP had more ports than original content before doing research and finding out that the PSP's original content is keeping it's ports/etc to a miniscule minority. Now that I've gotten into the meat of PSP gaming, I actually prefer it a lot compared to the DS game library(GBA games excluded), and have even warmed up to give a few of the ports a try; it's been really nice to see how much extra content is put forth to make even the PSP's ports worth playing.

I'm at 51 UMDs right now (48 games, 3 demos) and I've been more than content with what the PSP's game library offers... lots of awesome niche/hardcore RPGs, lots of action titles and shooters, lots of strategy games, some neat puzzlers like PQ... there's also some car games and sports titles, but I rarely mess with those. It's not neccessarily the vast amount of diversity in the library that's got me hooked, it's that the games are so much more robust, challenging and feel like "the complete experience" compared to previous generations of handheld gaming that were so simple and seldom focused on an in-depth experience.

After being an avid PSP gamer for so long, the only thing the PSP's game library is lacking in are those little novelty games, which I honestly couldn't care a lot less about and I could just get for free as flash games.

Overall, I think it's game library is great. It doesn't have the quantity of sales needed to overtake the DS, but what PSP lacks in mainstream appeal/sales it makes up for in sheer quality.

Right now the library is good, but not great (compared to the DS, where it's plain ole awesome). Too many ports still, but they have amassed a good selection of original games.

As for the future; well it's looking pretty much the same, although anything can happen.

PSP games in July
Parappa the Rapper
Tales of the World: Radiant mythology
Final Fantasy 2
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Alien Syndrome
Brave Story: New Traveler
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics
Harvest Moon Boy & Girl

August
Madden 2k8
Dragoneer's Aria
Jeanne D'Arc
Dead Head Fred
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes
Tiger Woods PGA 2k8

September
Heroes of the Pacific
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Star Wars Battlefront: Reneade Squadron
Coded Arms: Contagion
Hot PXL
Juiced 2
Worms: Open Warfare 2
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Sega Rally Revo
Xyanide Resurrection

October
Crash of the Titans
Socom: Tactical Strike
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Disgaea Portable
Hellboy: The Science of Evil
SWAT: Target liberty
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Simpson

November
Beaterartor
Ben10: Protector of Earth
Chessmaster
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Gran Turismo 4
Silent Hill Origins
Sonic Rival 2

The PSP lineup is strong...of course, I speak as someone who doesn't own a PSP, but watching the releases over the last few months and the upcoming games, there are now 5-10 games I'm actually interested in, so I'm considering buying a PSP for the first time. There are still way too many console-downsizings and sequels, but PSP is finally starting to acquire some good games.

Games that I'm intersted in on PSP:
Mega Man Powered Up
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Crush
Loco Roco
Daxter
Emulation, of course, and I'm probably forgetting a few.

That said, the DS's library is still much, MUCH stronger, but the PSP is improving a whole lot.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR SYPHON FILTER LOGAN'S SHADOW!!!! It can't come quick enough. Dark Mirror was incredible. I might actually double dip and grab it when it releases for the PS2. I'm also looking forward to Castlevania. God of War looks sweet too.

bread's done
Back