Opinions on the new update?

I sorta dig it. A dark theme seems to be what people want right now, which will come. Otherwise it's aight. CAG needed some kind of makeover, and it's better than looking like the outdated PHP style from the early 00s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dislike it immensely, I can't check if a trader has a bad rep nor can I check prices on the market place......
Really dislike it for the above reason. Also, I like being able to see which thread updated in what part of the forum. Now, I just see forum sections with no updates. And no deals.

Although I do agree that CAG needed a new look, this really isn't working out. It kind of feels like Facebook. In a bad way.

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh, right now it just sucks cause I dont know where everything is, I'll get used to it though.  I don't like the look of it.  It's ugly

The only problem I have that I am unsure if it will be fixed once the update is finished is the lack of recent topics on the front page for each category. I am hoping the "What's New" page isnt going to take the place of that. Fonts and spacing need to be fixed too.

I like the layout and notification features.  Hate the white and the font, but those should get fixed.

Very interested to see what it's like when everything is back in place and tweaked.

*looks at calendar* Nope, it is not April 1st.  This is honestly the worst site redesign I've ever seen.  I thought the page didn't load correctly and refreshed a couple times before I realized it had. 

Where the heck are the top ten deals of the day that were on the right side of the site? That's all I needed. I'm sure it's in an obvious place - but I'm not seeing it.

Sure a guess it needed a new look, but that never even occurred to me. It's just weird - but, hey, keep up the good CAGing, I love this site regardless.

The sites not all uploaded yet--just the forums.

There will be a new front page etc., assume the top ten deals list will be back there, trade feedback will come back etc.

They just imported the forums first and are working on getting everything else up.  

I like how it's easier to change font colors and overall the new posting editor but so far that's about all I like. The dark theme is better than this white mess. A lot of features seem to be missing. I know it's still early. Can I block all pictures like I used to be able to? Doesn't seem to work.

I've been trying to find the section with GameStop trade in values for the past 15 minutes. Did they remove it altogether? That's the only reason I come to this site. If they removed it I guess I'm going to have to leave.

It would suck if they removed it because it's the only source for trade-in values on the internet that I've been able to find. 

I've been trying to find the section with GameStop trade in values for the past 15 minutes. Did they remove it altogether? That's the only reason I come to this site. If they removed it I guess I'm going to have to leave.

It would suck if they removed it because it's the only source for trade-in values on the internet that I've been able to find.
you can check the TIV thread, as for now they are still implementing many of the features of CAG 2.0 into 3.0.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/308892-gamestop-tivpromos-thread-xx-trade-357-games-get-extra-102035-credit-kindle-cards-come-back/

Okay thanks. I guess I'll just keep checking the site to see whether or not they ever implement that feature again.

not a fan of the redesign.

i used to be able set the deals forum to display the most recently created threads/topics, which you can still do by setting it Z-A, but I can not trim it to any specific period. i used to use 2 days, cuz i would check every couple days and didn't care about old deals.

that's one reason, that and i liked the old design.

bread's done
Back