Opinions on Trauma Center: New Blood?

I have it but it is still sealed. Unknown if I'll ever get around to playing it so either might take it back to TRU or try trading it off.

I heard it is harder than the first which I enjoyed. But I did get frustrated a lot with it. If my wife would play I would keep it.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Its a great game. VERY FUN CO OP.

Much better than the first one.. better story line.

DEFINITE BUY![/QUOTE]

^ agrees. I had such a good time with it. It IS better played with a friend..oh, without a doubt!

So if your significant other plays games a little, but isn't GREAT or anything, will you be able to get through this game on Normal in Co-Op?

It's an exercise in frustration in single-player, but the game seems to have been made with co-op in mind while forgetting about everyone else.

I beat it single-player with nary a hitch. This game is designed for the steel-wristed veterans of the original Trauma Center. Still, the operation balancing, music, gameplay, and pacing are all much better than the original. Yes, it is harder on the whole, but it is still easily doable.

If you liked TC:SO, do get this post-haste.

I just got this yesterday and on the whole I like it, although it feels very similar to Second Opinion. The difficulty feels fine on normal, but I am only about 6 operations in, maybe the difficulty spikes in a bit. I have not got a chance to try co-op, but I will later this week when my brother is off of work. We both loved the first and I believe playing the game together should be interesting.

There are a few bitchy operations later (If you aren't careful, hemorrhages will tear through your patient like Lu Bu.) and the tougher Stigma encounters can pretty much one-shot KO the patient if you let slip your guard enough to let them attack, but, for the most part, the game isn't too much harder than the original.

There are a few gameplay procedures that just aren't specified, though, but, TC vets had to learn them through blind feeling back in the original. (Aneurysm whack-a-mole tactics, etc.)

I've got this one under the Christmas tree, most everyone says the game is really difficult single-player, hopefully I can manage if I switch to the easy level.

Just picked this up and I'm very impressed with the style and fresh gameplay. Very happy with the purchase.

For everyone getting this who HASN'T played TC:SO or UtK, it is entirely possible to do so without having played them, but don't be afraid to pop in here or at TC:NB forums at GameFAQs if certain missions just seem impossible. Like I said, it is easy for for patients to suddenly explode and die if you aren't on top of everything you need to be on top of. And the game sometimes just doesn't push enough of the most important info at you as often as it really should.

i bought this at the last b2g1 and havent played it that much. I played it with my girlfriend who doesnt really play video games at all and we managed to get by on easy for the first couple of missions then we stopped playing. She seemed to have a good time so hopefully that helps some.

I haven't completed it yet, but I was a huge fan of both the DS original and its Wii "port". So far though, I have to say I like it. Playing co-op with my girlfriend who is somewhat of a gamer (choosey about what games she plays) has been good fun. She's pretty decent, so I don't have to baby-sit that often and can tell her what to take care of with relative confidence that the patient won't spontaneously combust in the process. Your partner’s skill will pretty much be an artificial handicap that will either make the game that much easier or that much harder. With that said, some of the operations are a freakin' bitch. The skin graft one was especially annoying, and the bouncing square heart membrane one was so freakin' random, I cursed up a storm. As far as the plot goes, it's just...meh. The voice acting is good, but the cut scenes drag on FOREVER with little to no point. Hopefully it will pick up and find an actual story arc toward the end.

Oh and why does the box art suck so much ass? I bet they lost 20k in sales right there alone.

The "boss battle" aka the final surgery is... very lame.
Seriously.

I know no one cares for the story in this game, but I tried to follow it and it actually was quite intense (for being that corny, yes). I expected the final surgery to be pretty epic..and well.. feh. Second Opinion's final surgery was pretty awesome.

The big difference between Second Opinion & New Blood is that SO was very much more about the Healing Touch. They mention it in this one, and you of course get to practice yet..but there's not much talk about it at all.

To be honest, New Blood is VERY heavy into co-op. Believe me, it's not a bad thing at all. There's definitely room for a Trauma Center 3, without a doubt. In fact, I'll be pretty disappointed if they DON'T!

[quote name='lilboo']The "boss battle" aka the final surgery is... very lame.
Seriously.

I know no one cares for the story in this game, but I tried to follow it and it actually was quite intense (for being that corny, yes). I expected the final surgery to be pretty epic..and well.. feh. Second Opinion's final surgery was pretty awesome.[/quote]

Really, it is obvious they spent all their good story-telling cards in SO. NB seemed to be filled with "B-plots" and conflicts that seemed to be pulled from the cutting room floor of SO/UtK. They seemed reluctant to revisit old plot points, but couldn't come up with any new ones. You hardly had a group of characters working with you even, though they pretended to show up for the final battle... But, for the final boss,
really, would it have killed them to have someone you know get infected? I don't think anyone would fault them for reusing that climax. Come on.

Related: Cardia wasn't as insane as Savato, but he still gets just as ghey in the X mode.

To be honest, New Blood is VERY heavy into co-op. Believe me, it's not a bad thing at all. There's definitely room for a Trauma Center 3, without a doubt. In fact, I'll be pretty disappointed if they DON'T!

Indeed, it seemed that not only were the Stigma picked to be interesting boss battles, but they all seemed to have been designed to benefit from co-op.

Though it does create situations in many operations where you are almost overwhelmed by having so much to do at once (Lady of the Castle's constantly bleeding heart, for instance.).

bread's done
Back