Opinions On Warioware D.I.Y

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey everyone,

I was hoping to get some opinions on Warioware D.I.Y. I'm somewhat interested in the game, but I've never played another Warioware game, so I don't know if they would be that much fun... The concept of creating your own levels and everything sounds like it would be interesting, however, I've also heard that it takes away from all the microgames since there really isn't much else in the game. So, I was hoping some of you may have the game and help me in deciding.

I'm thinking about taking advantage of Best Buy's Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal. I'm think I may try Pokemon SoulSilver (don't really know which one to get since I don't really follow the series, since Best Buy has them at the same price, unlike Amazon, I'm going with SoulSilver just because I like the look better :D ) and then get Warioware D.I.Y for 50% However, if the game isn't that good, I may try and print out Toy's R Us' ad and try to get Best Buy to price match that so I can get either Klonoa or A Boy and His Blob for the Wii.

Thanks for any advice!

I've had the game for a few days and I have to say it's a lot of fun. It's also my first Warioware title. The game creation is really where the fun comes in this one though the pre-made games that come with it are solid. Of course you probably should check out some reviews or youtube videos to make your decision. Here's one right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOb2uugGDZA

lol ok so these are games I made but I think it gives you a good idea of what you can make.

oh yeah the video is of Showcase but the games were made in the DS game.

Thanks for the info. I actually went and picked it up today. I tried it out tonight and was very surprised at how much fun it was. Having never played a Warioware game, I had no idea what to expect and was worried I wouldn't like it. I ended up playing for over an hour and had just planned to try it out and look around for a few minutes.

I haven't even got into the creation elements and I'm already having a lot of fun. I can't wait to get deeper into the game. I may have to buy the Showcase as well, it seems like it would be a good investment.

Thanks again!

No prob. Showcase is nice, especially if you want to do multiplayer though you have to unlock that option. I believe it comes with somewhere around 70 more games to play and even transfer back to your ds. It also gives you a lot of slots to keep your or others creations. So for $8 it isn't bad.

I love this game! The assembly dojo
is pretty addictive, and i think the time it takes to make a game is totally worth it when you test it and it works. The preloaded comics are pretty great in a WTF way. :)

Thanks multicoloredyoshi. I have a 2000 Wiipoint card that I can never decide what to use it on (there are too many options :D ) so I may just use it on that. For 8 bucks, it is like getting another game and expanding Warioware D.I.Y. so it sounds like it will be perfect.

metashotzo, I can't wait to start making my own levels. I heard they take a while, but it still looks like fun. I, unfortunately, was busy with other things since I got it, so I haven't had much time to play it, but I'm really looking foward to getting more into it.

Thanks again for the comments, I appreciate it!

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Pretty fun. I doubt I'll have the time to create anything though.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the thing that I really like about WarioWare DIY. I am usually strapped for time and sometimes I'll have a bit of time to pull out the DS between all the work I have to do. Even though one might not have so much time in their hands, you can still make a decent game. I've made about a good 10 games and none of them I really took more than an hour to do in total. The only killer part is the tutorial. You have to go through it to have some idea of what you're doing but it took me like an hour or so of just reading to get through it all? I kinda feel that the tutorial is nice but being able to skip it would be even better.

Is there no friend code thread here?

Ahh the nostalgia this game brings from my Mario Paint childhood. I spent the first few days just drawing. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the creation part of the game. Some user generated content is more work and fun but I can't put this title down. I've abandoned Pokemon HG and that's tough to do when I haven't completed the main journey.

I finished my first micro-game today. It's a Scribblenauts theme.

here's the preview on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCV1oKXrLZI

Sidenote: I added a multicoloredyoshi's FC from youtube today. I left a response on your video. Probably the same yoshi that is multicolored.

My friend code is 1076 3488 1080

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Is there no friend code thread here?

Ahh the nostalgia this game brings from my Mario Paint childhood. I spent the first few days just drawing. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the creation part of the game. Some user generated content is more work and fun but I can't put this title down. I've abandoned Pokemon HG and that's tough to do when I haven't completed the main journey.

I finished my first micro-game today. It's a Scribblenauts theme.

here's the preview on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCV1oKXrLZI

Sidenote: I added a multicoloredyoshi's FC from youtube today. I left a response on your video. Probably the same yoshi that is multicolored.

My friend code is 1076 3488 1080[/QUOTE]
oh sorry guess I should have checked this thread sooner. Well added you and also sent a pm to let you know. If any else wants to add me my info is on youtube and just pm me there.

bread's done
Back