OPM worth $20?

for $20, I would definitely subscribe to OPM. I like their articles most compared to all the other gaming magazines.

Definitely worth . . . once a year or so they throw in a goofy Japanese game demo (untranslated). The mag isn't bad but the demo disc is fairly cool.

Getting it for under $2 per issue is a decent price.

There is a 6 month free deal that you can (or could) get by registering a game thru VU . . . see the free mag thread for details . . . I did it and it just added to my sub.

If you search, you can often find reduced prices online . . . here is OPM for $18.85 per year at magsforless.com (the are legit).

http://www.magsforless.com/products.cfm?PID=747&RID=52

I think that OPM for subscriptions only comes with disc.

I thought the mag was gone down in quality lately. But for $20, with or without demos is a great deal.

It's not as bad as EGM has become, but I still think the newer issues aren't as good as the old ones. Maybe the new editor in chief, Tom Byron, is to blame? Anyway, its still worth $20 to subscribe to.

I remember an offer in the mag deals somewhere...it led me to a place for a 3 year subscription to OPM for $20 that was like a year ago or so now. Since they say the free subscritption comes with disc well Free > $20 I guess.

The disc are definitely worth it but lately I've been disappointed in the demo's and it took to long for the God of War demo to appear in OPM

I'm currently subscribed to it and it costed me 10-12 for a year. The only thing that i don't like is half the magazine is made of ads. Just don't expect free things like dvds or anything like that because they're only offered when you buy the magazine for 5 dollars.

[quote name='ericx']I'm currently subscribed to it and it costed me 10-12 for a year. The only thing that i don't like is half the magazine is made of ads. Just don't expect free things like dvds or anything like that because they're only offered when you buy the magazine for 5 dollars.[/QUOTE]
I think you're looking at PSM, not OPM, which sucks. OPM is pretty damn good and a great deal at $20. The demo discs usually have a few good demos, though it's slow now since it's summer.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I would say NO.
You can get it for free... and yes still with the disc.

I have been getting it for a year now for free with disc...[/QUOTE]

nice. that is what i needed to hear, i still might pass on it, i have too much old crap lying around

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think you're looking at PSM, not OPM, which sucks. OPM is pretty damn good and a great deal at $20. The demo discs usually have a few good demos, though it's slow now since it's summer.[/QUOTE]

my bad. where could you get the 20 dollar offer?

I find OPM to be quite bad, actually. The layout and organization of the magazine is horrid, many of the columns are incredibly stupid, and they cover a lot of crap about celebrities who play games, movies, etc. that are frankly uneccessary.

bread's done
Back