Oracle users!

I've got this new job where I've got to access Oracle remotely. It's an independent contractor position, and I'm never "in the office" where tech could help, and they keep having people who don't know Oracle call me. They set up the VPN and Oracle for me.

I can sign into their VPN, but when I try to get into Oracle, it bumps me out after one, maybe two minutes. The only time I'm able to sign in for any lengthy period of time is when I'm at hotels, where the wireless network is totally unsecured. I can't leave my network unsecured at home because of my husband's home business. I also can't run any security, even Norton or internal firewalls, or I can't log on. But I need to be on for more than a minute or so at a time.

So to get around this, can I buy one of those cards that makes my laptop into a network and make that network totally unsecured? Would it have any effect on my other network? The tech guy says the Oracle file may be corrupted, but that can't be, because I can get into it at hotels.

Any ideas?

bread's done
Back