Orange Box (360) $14.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='mydecember1985']Alot of valve games are mostly online. Does this one offer any good single player?[/QUOTE]

???

The only multiplayer game on this disc is Team Fortress 2

Definitely a great deal. I got this used at a Iggle Video Store last year for this amount and the sheer volume of games you can play on it is amazing.

when TF2 gets the update... im sure theres going to be TONS of players playing TF2 again... on a sad note, i have not yet played any of the half life games on my Orange box disc...

thats how much i liked TF2

I paid $60 for this game. I almost NEVER pay full price for video games . The last game before this I paid full price for was probably The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The Orange Box was worth the money though.

Buy this game, if only for Half Life 2 + both expansions. TF 2 isn't my cup of tea (was into CoD 4 at teh time & still am) & Portal is goddamn overrated.

I ordered 1 up my bro for Christmas. HL2 is 1 of my favorite games. I just hope he can get into it (he's part of the mindless Halo/Gears generation).

[edit] For "filler" I added The Hunt for Red October Blu-Ray. I think it's a good deal at $15.

For all the people sitting on the fence about this deal because they can't figure out filler to meet the free S&H qualifications, what about the free one month trial of the Amazon Prime Shopper thing? As I was ordering my copies, they offered it to me...just a thought.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']For all the people sitting on the fence about this deal because they can't figure out filler to meet the free S&H qualifications, what about the free one month trial of the Amazon Prime Shopper thing? As I was ordering my copies, they offered it to me...just a thought.[/quote]

I actually used that a few months back for a college text book I needed in a hurry. I cant believe I am having trouble finding something to add for $10.01. I though about Virtua Fighter 5 for $15, but I dont want that game at all.

[quote name='Gunch']I actually used that a few months back for a college text book I needed in a hurry. I cant believe I am having trouble finding something to add for $10.01. I though about Virtua Fighter 5 for $15, but I dont want that game at all.[/QUOTE]

Try this

http://www.filleritem.com/

I kind of wish I waited, so that I could add VF5 today. Oh well.

Jumping on this deal yesterday, I went with The Dark Knight DVD which I was going to buy anyways.

I finally broke down and picked up Virtua Fighter 5 with this. Ill probably just try and sell Virtua Fighter, see if I can get my money back on it.

I've been waiting and waiting on Orange Box. No idea why, although the Team Fortress 2 lag concerns may have had something to do with it. But I need to play Portal eventually and now that it's the same price as the XBLA version, no reason to pass it up now.

Oh well, played Half-Life on PC, played HL2 on Xbox 1, and picked this up with The Dark Knight for $14.99 for the free shipping. Guess I can play the episodes, portal and TF2.

[quote name='ananag112']Try this

http://www.filleritem.com/[/quote]

Pretty good site especially for avoiding shipping costs on the $24.99 items (I wish those would count for free shipping). The prices on some of the items listed there are inaccurate (told me $0.49 but when I clicked it was $3) but eventually found something for $0.80. Good for future reference. Thanks.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Portal alone is worth 15 dollars :)[/QUOTE]

This. Even though It's $10 for the PC now.
Portal, while being ultra short, was GOTY contender IMHO during it's release.

You also get previous GOTY Half-Life 2 and It's two "Episodes".

Team Fortress is great even though it only has like 6 maps. I've been playing it non-stop since buying TOB at $20, but for $15 I would kill anyone that is on the fence about buying TOB.

I'd say the only people that won't buy this are one of the following.

1) Hate FPS - Even though Portal is far from that.
2) Want it on PC/PS3.
3) Believe the Cake is a lie.

This is also $15 at TRU.com. According to the page, it also qualifies for the buy one $20 game, get another 50% off.

I have free shipping w/ Amazon (Prime), wonder how much shipping would be at TRU? Guess it comes down to whether there is another $20 game I can find at TRU...

I put off buying this one for whatever reason (not being familiar with the series, didn't wanna spend the money, too many games backlogged), but I simply cannot pass this up now...add one more to the backlog! (Although I think I'll have to move this one up in my priority of games to play). Had to do some Christmas shopping anyways, so threw this in the cart as well. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']This. Even though It's $10 for the PC now.
Portal, while being ultra short[/quote]

Its play time isnt really an issue since its not a full priced game but an inclusion in a package. Its not like its a Heavenly Sword of Quantum of Solace giving you only 4-6 hours of gameplay.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I know, maybe you should learn "How to read posts 101 for Dummies". Works quite well I heard.[/QUOTE]

Or he could just be a tool...

EDIT:

...Calling Monsta Mack a tool here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monsta Mack']I know, maybe you should learn "How to read posts 101 for Dummies". Works quite well I heard.[/quote]

[quote name='eastx']Or he could just be a tool...[/quote]

some reason my comment inspired you two to act like asses? :roll:

apparently saying in agreement that Portals play time is a non-issue nor is it like a short single player game results in me being a "dummy" and a "tool".

Yes you two will go far in life im sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='qwerty1']some reason my comment inspired you two to act like asses? :roll:

apparently saying in agreement that Portals play time is a non-issue nor is it like a short single player game results in me being a "dummy" and a "tool".

Yes you two will go far in life im sure.[/quote]
You didn't say you were in agreement. Instead you cut off the quote and restated what he said, making it appear like you were correcting him with his own words.
In conclusion, you win the internet.

Also, anyone who needs a book throw-in to get the free shipping should pick up Infinite Jest, because David Foster Wallace is the best writer who has ever lived, and IJ is his finest work. I WILL get more people to read it. :cool:
[I would jump on this deal and throw in a book myself if I didn't already own HL2 and Portal and prefer the games on PC ...]

[quote name='wampa8jedi']

I also note, with some irony, that this is now just as much as Portal: Still Alive costs to download by itself.[/quote]

Yeah and you have the freedom to lend it out to your friends, re-sell it and all other physical media goodness.

The DLC revolution will be the end of everything. Trust me.

But this truly is a great compilation of games. I remember how difficult it was to obtain from asian import shops when released. Now they shove it down your throat for almost nothing. If you haven't played this - BUY NOW!

[quote name='qwerty1']some reason my comment inspired you two to act like asses? :roll:

Yes you two will go far in life im sure.[/QUOTE]

I actually meant that the other guy was being a tool. Your reply contributed way more to the topic than his did (although Sam1111's reply is correct too). Sorry for being unclear.

[quote name='Royvedas']The DLC revolution will be the end of everything. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

... Not with the way companies are capping bandwidth usage.

On topic, if the 360 version allowed KB+M, then I would be all over this deal.

[quote name='Sam111111']You didn't say you were in agreement. Instead you cut off the quote and restated what he said, making it appear like you were correcting him with his own words.
In conclusion, you win the internet.[/quote]

I said nothing that would require such hostility, i was simply surprised to even see anyone bring it up so i reinforced a sentimate.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Oh yes, I am not going very far in life. How much do you have in your bank account right now? Are you living pay check to pay check? Probably.[/quote]

doing quite fine, but the fact that you'd now try to attack someones character in such a personal way, as i have lived pay check to pay check many years ago and its tough times, says volumes about you. i honest am very sorry you're such a miserable son of a bitch inside. im sure you'd say you dont need it, but never the less, you've earned my pity. good day to you sir.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Oh yes, I am not going very far in life. How much do you have in your bank account right now? Are you living pay check to pay check? Probably.

As for the bomberman guy/eastx calling me a tool: Well that's nice and all but your the guy who defended Bomberman Act Zero for the 360. Who's the tool now?

Now you bastards be the right tool and support Cheapy D by buying this product, as well as making the right decision in buying one of the best values of all time at a even greater discounted value.[/quote]

What gives you the fucking right to talk about people who have lived paycheck to paycheck? I don't care about your god-damn silly arguments, but I'm sure a bunch of us here do live paycheck to paycheck or have been forced to at one time. You might be tough on the internet, but you have no right to talk about people's situations in real life.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Oh yes, I am not going very far in life.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you are in connecticut, specifically a shithole like new britain, tells us all we need to know ;)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Oh yes, I am not going very far in life. How much do you have in your bank account right now? Are you living pay check to pay check? Probably.

As for the bomberman guy/eastx calling me a tool: Well that's nice and all but your the guy who defended Bomberman Act Zero for the 360. Who's the tool now?

Now you bastards be the right tool and support Cheapy D by buying this product, as well as making the right decision in buying one of the best values of all time at a even greater discounted value.[/QUOTE]

Go be a douche bag somewhere else, only people with really low self esteem resort to personal attacks on the internet, it must be nice living off of mommy and daddys bank account.

As for this deal.. at $15, you have to purchase this, TF2 is amazing, Portal is amazing, and of course HL2 and it's expansions are amazing.

bread's done
Back