Orange Box Activation key

nefaquotek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
SO I bought Orange Box PC from amazon.com from that 30$ deal of the day... was quite pleased.

I opened it and was admiring its orangeness (it sticks out from the rest of my collection)

Then it asks me for an activation key, all right, I can do that. It's not too tough....

Except I can't find a single activation key, its not printed anywhere there's no little paper with it.....NOTHING.

Anybody had a similar problem or can tell me that maybe its hidden somewhere......

THANKS

[quote name='Moxio']Did you check the manual? Back of it, perhaps?[/quote]

Didnt have a manual.... was it supposed to?

All there is inside are those magnetic strips or whatever to design theft or scanner dealies.

[quote name='Liquid 2']It's on the quick reference card.[/quote]

YA its missing that........I contacted Valve, I hope the issue gets resolved.

There should be a little piece of paper on the inside that says the controls and on the back it has the code. That is where mine is at.

[quote name='darthbudge']There should be a little piece of paper on the inside that says the controls and on the back it has the code. That is where mine is at.[/quote]

No such paper, I was hoping that it had slipped as I opened it but there's no sign anywhere in the room. I gather this is a fairly large paper with bright orange, right? (if it looks like the HL2 or the actual Orange Box's brightness then it should be easy)

Yet nothing... :cry:

same thing happened to me, but instead of contacting Valve, I hit up Amazon. A new copy is already on its way.

I seriously hope Amazon doesn't have a bunch of copies that someone in the factory forgot to put the cards in.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']same thing happened to me, but instead of contacting Valve, I hit up Amazon. A new copy is already on its way.

I seriously hope Amazon doesn't have a bunch of copies that someone in the factory forgot to put the cards in.[/quote]

Thanks for contacting me by the way.

YA Valve hasn't contacted me since Saturday. I assume they dont work on weekends but I'm sending amazon.com an email if I dont get a reply from Valve by Monday.

Frankly, I'd prefer if they (amazon) opened a game box over there and just sent me the key on an email. I doubt that's possible though.

I say that because I too dont want to find out that the whole batch is like that...... I heard something similar happened in Australia but for a different game.

NOT FUN, but as long as the companies are cooperative I wont get mad.

Humans make mistakes. It's ALL GOOD.

[quote name='nefaquotek']Thanks for contacting me by the way.

YA Valve hasn't contacted me since Saturday. I assume they dont work on weekends but I'm sending amazon.com an email if I dont get a reply from Valve by Monday.

Frankly, I'd prefer if they (amazon) opened a game box over there and just sent me the key on an email. I doubt that's possible though.

I say that because I too dont want to find out that the whole batch is like that...... I heard something similar happened in Australia but for a different game.

NOT FUN, but as long as the companies are cooperative I wont get mad.

Humans make mistakes. It's ALL GOOD.[/quote]

It'd be funny if Amazon sent you a new game and Valve sent you a new key.:lol: Though I kind of suspect Valve will tell you to contact the place you bought it from.

just an update.....got my replacement today from Amazon. Everything's good now as this one has a cd key. Only prob is the replacement came with the traditional black pc case and not the pimp ass orange color. Can't win 'em all, I guess =)

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']just an update.....got my replacement today from Amazon. Everything's good now as this one has a cd key. Only prob is the replacement came with the traditional black pc case and not the pimp ass orange color. Can't win 'em all, I guess =)[/quote]
so this is what happened to the black box!

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']just an update.....got my replacement today from Amazon. Everything's good now as this one has a cd key. Only prob is the replacement came with the traditional black pc case and not the pimp ass orange color. Can't win 'em all, I guess =)[/quote]

O, that's a relief for me. I contacted Amazon today and hope someone will answer me, had to be a holiday!

I wonder how many people were affected by this. Hopefully not too many.

I just got my replacement copy from AMazon.com . Valve never replied to my plea. I'll be honest I really dont like Valve, Steam might be an okay concept but I'd like to be able to play my games offline...... but I wanted TF2 to play with the blokes who are obsessed with WOW.

Thanks for all those that listened to my frustration and I hope my defective product is not too widely spread.

[quote name='nefaquotek']I just got my replacement copy from AMazon.com . Valve never replied to my plea. I'll be honest I really dont like Valve, Steam might be an okay concept but I'd like to be able to play my games offline...... but I wanted TF2 to play with the blokes who are obsessed with WOW.

Thanks for all those that listened to my frustration and I hope my defective product is not too widely spread.[/QUOTE]

Steam games can be played in offline mode as long as they have been authenticated and patched to the latest version.

[quote name='nefaquotek']I just got my replacement copy from AMazon.com . Valve never replied to my plea. I'll be honest I really dont like Valve, Steam might be an okay concept but I'd like to be able to play my games offline...... but I wanted TF2 to play with the blokes who are obsessed with WOW.

Thanks for all those that listened to my frustration and I hope my defective product is not too widely spread.[/quote]I just dealt with Steam's "customer service". I couldn't purchase games with my PayPal card because they thought it was fraudulent. They said it's not tagged as suspicious anymore so here's hoping it works now. :p

bread's done
Back