Orange Box PC 37.99 at the City on rls day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Bluesilo']CC....I don't want to really broadcast it because of all the hype about CC ads lately.[/QUOTE]
What hype?

the whole speedy thing a little while back lol...I just didn't know how taboo it was...but you can find the ad at FW ...just saw it in my newsfeed

Damn, why is it that console games never get deals like that on release day? It's bad enough PC games are $10 cheaper to begin with, but then stores discount them too. That's a $22 difference for the exact same game. Definitely puts holes in the idea that games are $60 because of rising development costs.

Oh well, I'll be getting The Orange Box through GameFly and the KeepIt price should be about $45 anyway...

well, in this case the game has been out for the PC a really long time (HL2 and Ep1 at least). So that can kind of justify part of it.

[quote name='skullivan']Damn, why is it that console games never get deals like that on release day? It's bad enough PC games are $10 cheaper to begin with, but then stores discount them too. That's a $22 difference for the exact same game. Definitely puts holes in the idea that games are $60 because of rising development costs.

Oh well, I'll be getting The Orange Box through GameFly and the KeepIt price should be about $45 anyway...[/quote]

Well, I managed to get FF12 and Twighlight Princess (on GC) for about $35 each in the weeks they were released. Granted, they were big titles on older systems, but it was still a good price for launch day.

But I have noticed cross-platform games going for way cheaper on PC than current consoles - wasn't Bioshock about $40 on PC the week it came out?

[quote name='skullivan']Damn, why is it that console games never get deals like that on release day? It's bad enough PC games are $10 cheaper to begin with, but then stores discount them too. That's a $22 difference for the exact same game. Definitely puts holes in the idea that games are $60 because of rising development costs.

Oh well, I'll be getting The Orange Box through GameFly and the KeepIt price should be about $45 anyway...[/quote]

Console games get these deals too. Orange box is infintely superior on PC anyways.

Oh well, I'll be getting The Orange Box through GameFly and the KeepIt price should be about $45 anyway...[/QUOTE]

Well, for one, they don't have to pay a licensing fee to the platform holder.

This is great, I was hoping for a good deal on the Orange Box, looks like I'll be picking it up at CC.

is there going to be any way to just get TF2 other than dling it from steam? i like to have discs but dont care about the other half life stuff that comes with orange box.

[quote name='luffy_kun']is there going to be any way to just get TF2 other than dling it from steam? i like to have discs but dont care about the other half life stuff that comes with orange box.[/quote]

Does it matter? Retail boxed valve games have to go through steam just as much as digitially purchased ones anyways.

TF2 is $30 on it's own anyways, so it's not a good value on it's own (Not interested in HL2? Or have you played it already?)

Crap, I figured this would happen (CC also had Ep. 1 for $10 either week of release or soon after and usually always has the best loss leader deals on new/recent PC games). At least I'm getting to beta test TF2 for the $45 Valve got from me for buying it through steam.

[quote name='anarchyburger']so wait, how does the PM deal work?

do you have to buy it at bestbuy and then they just give you an extra 10% off?[/quote]

Store Price Guarantee
Two more great reasons to buy with confidence.

If you are about to make a purchase at a Best Buy store and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference, plus an additional 10% of that difference up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days for HDTVs purchased from 6/3/07 through 2/2/08).

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect.

Exclusions apply. For full details, please see our store price guarantee policy. Price matching policy may vary between stores. See store for complete details.

[quote name='EliteLamer']Store Price Guarantee
Two more great reasons to buy with confidence.

If you are about to make a purchase at a Best Buy store and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference, plus an additional 10% of that difference up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days for HDTVs purchased from 6/3/07 through 2/2/08).

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect.

Exclusions apply. For full details, please see our store price guarantee policy. Price matching policy may vary between stores. See store for complete details.[/quote]umm so that means??

that means like buy it at bestbuy at full price, then go back later with a CC ad and then they will PM and give you an extra 10% off... am i right?

(i have never done this before, thats why i ask)

[quote name='EliteLamer']I looked on Fatwallet CC scan and it shows it as 59.99[/QUOTE]
It shows the 360 version as $59.99. This thread is about the PC version, which is shown at $37.99 on the right hand side of the same page.

[quote name='chodax']I bought this through steam for 44.99 and I get to play TF2 early =][/QUOTE]

Same here, you get 7 games for $44.95 and get to play them all early!

The games included are:

HL2
HL2: Episode 1
HL2: Episdoe 2
HL2: Lost Coast
TF2
Portal
Peggle Extreme! (demo version, but still awesome)

Also, don't forget to download Fortress Forever! :)

On that note about Peggle, that also helps. At least you get something for missing out on a physical copy and loss leader pricing. Where as before, you paid full retail and didn't get anything extra (IIRC).

I think they were a little misleading on what you got with Peggle, but it isn't really a "demo" because it is Valve-themed.

[quote name='turls']On that note about Peggle, that also helps. At least you get something for missing out on a physical copy and loss leader pricing. Where as before, you paid full retail and didn't get anything extra (IIRC).

I think they were a little misleading on what you got with Peggle, but it isn't really a "demo" because it is Valve-themed.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered from Amazon and was surprised to see the code they sent me included Peggle Extreme as well.

Price still isn't as good as the CC one but at least I can still get in some beta play time

[quote name='anarchyburger']umm so that means??

that means like buy it at bestbuy at full price, then go back later with a CC ad and then they will PM and give you an extra 10% off... am i right?

(i have never done this before, thats why i ask)[/quote]
10% of difference. So if Best buy is 49.99 and CC is 37.99, you can 10% of $12 = $1.20. Worth the trouble? If its advertised on CC.com ill print it out and make one trip to BB. One to normal register, then hightail it over to cust. service.

Awesome deal. I was thinking about picking up just TF2 for $30 from steam, but if i can everything for $38+tax, i'll jump all over that.

Is there still seriously no way to get JUST Episode 2 and Portal? I don't do online multi-player, and I already have HL2 Proper.

[quote name='Vegan']Is there still seriously no way to get JUST Episode 2 and Portal? I don't do online multi-player, and I already have HL2 Proper.[/quote]you can buy them separately through steam, but it'll probably cost more to buy the games you want separately...

[quote name='Pookymeister']10% of difference. So if Best buy is 49.99 and CC is 37.99, you can 10% of $12 = $1.20. Worth the trouble? If its advertised on CC.com ill print it out and make one trip to BB. One to normal register, then hightail it over to cust. service.[/quote]

That's a good idea. I'll probably do the same.

Wonder if they're gonna do this deal online or not. Only problem is if I wait for this I can't hop on $45 preorder on Steam, buuuuuuut I'd also much rather have physical copies of my games. Hmmm.

[quote name='EliteLamer']If you are about to make a purchase at a Best Buy store and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference, plus an additional 10% of that difference up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days for HDTVs purchased from 6/3/07 through 2/2/08).[/QUOTE]

That's the dumbest policy I have ever seen. What's the difference between matching it on the spot or going back later? What's the difference between mentioning the price match while he's ringing it up or 1 minute after at the customer service desk? What a crock. No wonder why I didn't get the extra 10% off when I bought my DS last weekend. Should have not mentioned the price drop until after he had rung it up- just to make it difficult for them.

And yeah for little things like video games, 10% extra really doesn't mean squat. I think from now on I'll just buy at the store man enough to have low prices to begin with, and screw these stupid price matching schemes. BB want my business? Get the price right to begin with!!!

(end of rant)

Ruahrc

Actually, its $22 off the superior version of the game :cool:.

This isn't the deal I was hopin for, but hell... Its worth it. I can probably sell HL2 to a friend for a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back