Orcs & Elves for DS $19.82 at walmart.com

Hrm, just checked and Amazon has this price drop too. Doesn't bode well for the overall sales of the game, but it's great for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

-HM

It's very good if you like an old school dungeon crawler, and don't mind that it's short if you choose to whiz through it.

-HM

I've only seen it at TRU and I didn't think it sold well at all, with a generic name that it has. Franchises and movie tie-ins sell games these days, and the other small percentage of the market are niche gamers.

So is it anything like Gauntlet?

Its a darn shame if it sold poorly. I hear good things about it and its nice to see unlikely people like John Carmack really work on something for the DS. The reception may be a turnoff to him now.

This game looks really cool, but I've spent so much recently that I guess I'll hold off, hopefully I'll find it around the $10 range soon.

Anyway, thanks for the info OP!

Its not like Gauntlet because its a first person dungeon crawler i do believe.

More like the recent GBA Mazes of Fate game.

I may have to pick this one up.

This is a universal drop to $19.99 MSRP. Pretty decent game. Great game play but rather short. Took only about 6 hours to beat it.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Just don't exepect to get the free special stylus they have in-store, because I ordered mine from them a week or two back, and it came without it.[/quote]

On that note, how can you tell whether or not it comes with the game? This IGN article said it would be packed with copies of the game, so how does that work? Is it supposed to be inside the actual game case, or is shrinkwrapped to copies of the game?

The stylus would be one of the main reasons why I'd even want to get the game, so that would be helpful to know. If I knew for sure I could get one, I'd definitely jump for $20, but if I can't get one with the stylus, I could wait some more before getting it just for the game.

I heard it's good game but released on wrong time. They should delay the game till next year w/o compete any BIG titles. I'll get it someday whenever it drop down $10.

I really enjoyed this game, but I would only recommend this to people who are interested in a first person dungeon crawler. The UI is really clunky, probably due to the fact that its a port from a cell phone game, but it works good enough to get thru the game. The auto-map is nice, i'm not sure I could have played without it. The game IS fairly short, I think my total playtime was around 13-14 hours.

The stylus is only being packaged in the game case at Wal-Mart stores (I bought it on-line at walmart.com and it did not come with the stylus). It supposedly mentions it on the box.

Sadly, no Wal-Marts in my area carry the game. Good luck finding it, because it seems quite limited.

-HM

bread's done
Back