Order you copy of Halo 3 at FYE today!

Hmmm...

Well, I was at my local mall the other day, and I walked past an FYE (a music store). There was one of those metal stand things in the entrance with a sign on it promoting the Xbox 360. Fine. But, sticking out of the side of that was a cardboard sign (printed in Halo style lettering) for Halo 3. It said to reserve your copy!

This is quite bothersome to me.

First, I don't believe it was ever actually announced. It seems to be just assumed that Halo 3 is gonna be on 360. I don't see why it wont be, but you never know (RE4 was supposed to be a GCN exclusive, so things change)

It also bothers me that gamers (along with movie patrons) can act like sheep who can be seperated from their money at the news of a sequle to something we enjoyed, without any info at all. Just like magazines that have something like Metal Gear Solid 8, or Splinter Cell: Corporate Paperjam on the cover, then have one mock up shot and half a page of rumors about it.

Anyway, that is my rant.

Summary: If you want to reserve your copy of Halo 3, go to FYE! Guarentte your copy before the game is even announced!

FYE is a joke. You'd probably go there the day it's released and they'd tell you "we didn't get it" so you'd wait a week to pick up your pre-order "we still didn't get it" They're pathetic, as that's happened to me on too many games.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']FYE is a joke. You'd probably go there the day it's released and they'd tell you "we didn't get it" so you'd wait a week to pick up your pre-order "we still didn't get it" They're pathetic, as that's happened to me on too many games.[/QUOTE]

im having many flashbacks.........RE4 came out 2 weeks ago, and you still dont have it??!!

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']Hmmm...

Summary: If you want to reserve your copy of Halo 3, go to FYE! Guarentte your copy before the game is even announced![/QUOTE]
Well since Billy G. himself said he wanted to launch it when the PS3 launches, you'll need a time machine to pull that one off.

[quote name='b0bx13']Well since Billy G. himself said he wanted to launch it when the PS3 launches, you'll need a time machine to pull that one off.[/QUOTE]

He was just talking out of his ass there, it wasn't any kind of announcement. The people at Microsoft who actually know what is going on with their games said that it probably won't happen, and haven't actually announced anything. No press release, nothing.

Many people have said many things to promote console launches that never turned out to be true.

[quote name='aoLat']Halo 3 would, pretty much, for sure beat the PS3 launch.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, it is a great threat to make, but isn't the PS3 launch supposed to happen sometime in '06? There hasn't been one ounce of info about Halo 3, it hasn't shown up on one official list of games, nothing. Granted, they could be keeping very very very quiet about it, but I have no idea why the would do that. Why not shout it from the roof tops? Have a CGI trailer for it packed with the 360? Something! I don't see it happening for the PS3 launch.

Yea, they are having a "sale" at FYE in the local mall...3 cd's for $25 (reg. $14.99 and below) and 2 dvd's for $25 (reg. $15 and below). At a "normal" store, most of the single disk cds and a good selection of single disk dvd's would be on sale. At FYE everything is so overpriced that you *might* be lucky to have your choice of a handfull of really crappy cd's or dvd's.

I think that I also saw the "case" for halo 3 preorder there as well...better hurry...

[quote name='Timothyx']im having many flashbacks.........RE4 came out 2 weeks ago, and you still dont have it??!![/QUOTE]

Yep that's what happened to me on Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Lunar Dragon Song, Soul Calibur III, Shadow of the Colossus. I had well over $100 in store credit that I had to waste on games I didn't plan really plan to buy like Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and buy the others elsewhere because they never got them.

Wow, I never dealt with them (I don't buy music, and there are plenty of other game stores I go to)...I'm gonna stay away from ever preordering there then. (not that I planned on it)

The only good thing about them is that they give crap loads of store credit. Or at least they did, I heard that's even not as good as it was anymore as I used all mine up finally and I don't go there anymore. But I used to get like $9.50 each for some of the newer DVDs and like $26 on games. That was the only reason to ever go there, but if they don't even carry the games you want you end up without alot of store credit you can't use.

bread's done
Back