Order your component cables now

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
From gonintendo.com

Hello

Thank you for contacting Nintendo regarding your desire to purchase the Wii Component Video Cable. As you inquired about having the Component Video Cable available when the Wii launches, we are extending to you an exclusive offer. We have made a limited number of the cables available for purchase prior to the launch. The cable will cost $29.95 USD and $35.95 CDN. Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee. There is a limit of one Component Video Cable per customer.

To order by phone using your credit card (Visa or MasterCard), please call our Consumer Service line at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available to take your order between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week. Our representatives can also provide mail-order instructions if you would rather pay by check.

Please note, if you would rather not order at this time, additional cables will be made available to the general public via our online store on November 19th ( http://store.nintendo.com ), and they will also be available through selected retailers in early-mid December.

Nintendo of America Inc.

Consumer Service Department

for $30 before shipping, they can kiss my ass. I'll wait for third party or nothing at all at that price.

Recieved this email from nintendo just now:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo regarding your desire to purchase the Wii Component Video Cable. As you inquired about having the Component Video Cable available when the Wii launches, we are extending to you an exclusive offer. We have made a limited number of the cables available for purchase prior to the launch. The cable will cost $29.95 USD and $35.95 CDN. Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee. There is a limit of one Component Video Cable per customer.

To order by phone using your credit card (Visa or MasterCard), please call our Consumer Service line at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available to take your order between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week. Our representatives can also provide mail-order instructions if you would rather pay by check.

Please note, if you would rather not order at this time, additional cables will be made available to the general public via our online store on November 19th ( http://store.nintendo.com ), and they will also be available through selected retailers in early-mid December.

Nintendo of America Inc.
[/FONT]

Just called and put an order in, hopefully they will show up before I get my Wii. Don't know if you can order without getting the email but its worth a shot.

Guess the release date on EB is right for the cables. Better order them now if you need them at launch. I think I can afford to wait till December.

Yeah ill wait till December aswell, plus if there are any really good third party cables I could pick those up on the cheap.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Please note, if you would rather not order at this time, additional cables will be made available to the general public via our online store on November 19th ( http://store.nintendo.com ), and they will also be available through selected retailers in early-mid December.[/quote]

Sonofabitch. Awful.

This is going to enrage so many people. And rightfully so.

[quote name='wolfofmebu']Recieved this email from nintendo just now:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hello,

Nintendo of America Inc.
[/FONT]

Just called and put an order in, hopefully they will show up before I get my Wii. Don't know if you can order without getting the email but its worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
Well, did you have to give them any sort of special information included in your e-mail, or did you just say 'I got this e-mail'. If it is the latter then I'm calling tomorrow.

[quote name='Tybee']Sonofabitch. Awful.

This is going to enrage so many people. And rightfully so.[/quote]Shouldn't, unless I find Kaplan's quote and she claimed they'd be in stores at launch. Then yes. Otherwise it's better than them only being available online.

Edit: Yep, be enraged.
GI: Will component cables be available on day one?
Kaplan: Yes, at retail and online. Best Buy, GameStop, Circuit City, etc… and Nintendo.com.
Fire her, please.

Asked for email, but I don't know if it was to check to see if I had an account or what. I'd still try it and see what happens.

Just order it a minute ago. so pissed about this though. I paid 37.05 all together what a rip off for cables. They charge tax and shipping. I'm really mad, but dont really have a choice. These cables cost 1.00 to make and overprice it like crazy and can only buy from them.

[quote name='Draccius']No. I'm holding, too. They won't shut up![/QUOTE]

I don't think we'll be able to order today. I think they have too many people waiting in queue that they've effectively shut down and only the automated stuff is available. I guess they they close in 40 mins so it makes sense. Dammit I wish they were up till 10pm like xbox's service.

[quote name='Bazz']Just order it a minute ago. so pissed about this though. I paid 37.05 all together what a rip off for cables. They charge tax and shipping. I'm really mad, but dont really have a choice. These cables cost 1.00 to make and overprice it like crazy and can only buy from them.[/QUOTE]

at least you got through, I can't even reach a rep to take my order lol.

[quote name='Zoglog']I don't think we'll be able to order today. I think they have too many people waiting in queue that they've effectively shut down and only the automated stuff is available. I guess they they close in 40 mins so it makes sense. Dammit I wish they were up till 10pm like xbox's service.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep trying for bit, but it looks like you might be right. I was hoping to get in tonight because if these don't ship tomorrow I doubt I will get them before next Monday.

[quote name='icruise']Is this a good deal or something? These should be available at retailers.[/QUOTE]

If you read, it says that they won't be available at retailers until mid-December.. I would imagine there are many people like myself who want to have the component cables when they first hook up their system.

EDIT: I got past the automated "Sorry, we're too busy" menu and am now on hold for a representative.

[quote name='Zoglog']at least you got through, I can't even reach a rep to take my order lol.[/quote]I called 10 times and waited 15 min for a rep. The rep was nice though bumped me to overnight shipping for 5.00. After I asked him and I guess just was tone in my voice about how angry I was about this whole situation.

[quote name='Bazz']Just order it a minute ago. so pissed about this though. I paid 37.05 all together what a rip off for cables. They charge tax and shipping. I'm really mad, but dont really have a choice. These cables cost 1.00 to make and overprice it like crazy and can only buy from them.[/QUOTE]

dont they only charge tax if they have a store in your state?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']dont they only charge tax if they have a store in your state?[/quote]I didn't understand it either and I asked and he said sorry they have tax for Fl. I was so mad.

I'm getting the 3rd party cables (Intec or something) since they'll be available at launch and they'll be cheaper. I saw the PS3 3rd party cables at BB today so I'm sure they'll have the Wii cables at launch or sooner.

[quote name='lebowsky']I'm getting the 3rd party cables (Intec or something) since they'll be available at launch and they'll be cheaper. I saw the PS3 3rd party cables at BB today so I'm sure they'll have the Wii cables at launch or sooner.[/quote]Yeah I would do this to, but I don't trust the 2rd party companies to come out with it on time.

[quote name='Zoglog']I don't think we'll be able to order today. I think they have too many people waiting in queue that they've effectively shut down and only the automated stuff is available. I guess they they close in 40 mins so it makes sense. Dammit I wish they were up till 10pm like xbox's service.[/QUOTE]

Finally got past the "we don't even have space to hold your call."

[quote name='alpo845']i will get mine by sunday. 2 dollars for ups fast shipping. can't beat it[/QUOTE]

These are some odd shipping variances...

[quote name='Draccius']Finally got past the "we don't even have space to hold your call."[/quote]How'd you do it? Just keep calling over and over again? A secret COMPONENT password? ;)

Tell me if you guys pay tax. Also they have tons people calling about those cables right now. So stupid of them not to at least support hd a little. This is total profit on these cables. Any official cable I ever bought was 19.99 what makes theirs so special no idea.

[quote name='Bazz']Tell me if you guys pay tax. Also they have tons people calling about those cables right now. So stupid of them not to at least support hd a little. This is total profit on these cables. Any official cable I ever bought was 19.99 what makes theirs so special no idea.[/quote]

From N.Com order history
Part # Description Quantity Price USD
61577 INSERT, CONSUMER RETURN INST-US 1 $0.00
62606 ACC, COMPONENT VIDEO RVL-WCS 1 $29.95

Items: $29.95
Sales Tax: $1.72
Shipping Charge: $13.00

Order total: $44.67

I've been trying for the last 15 minutes or so, and now I'm not even getting the "please call back" message, just three rings and then some weird buzzing/beeping.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just got through somehow. Hopefully they answer my call before they close.

[quote name='xwred5']From N.Com order history[/QUOTE]

welcome to the world of Ipod accessorizing :D

The cables are overpriced but what other option do we have? The wii will look like crap on a 1080p tv without at least component.

And it's not really special, it's just proprietary. Just like how memory stick used to be extremely expensive. They basically charge in excess because they can.

I went for the mid-range shipping, 3-4 business days.. it was only $2 more than the regular shipping (perhaps that's where that other post came from?) but $8 less than the fastest.. which was 2-3 days. Either way there's a chance I won't get the cables by Saturday if they ship tomorrow, so I figured I'd save $8.. I probably won't have much time to play until Wednesday, anyway.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Got through after calling 20 times and being on hold for 16 minutes. Guy upgraded my shipping to over night. Sweet![/QUOTE]

well i'm still on hold, so basically I should be angry when they pick up ;)? Did you just say "Why is this taking so long!?!?!"

Goddamit, he didnt budge on the shipping. But it was 5 dollar shipping.

[quote name='Zoglog']well i'm still on hold, so basically I should be angry when they pick up ;)? Did you just say "Why is this taking so long!?!?!"[/QUOTE]

No, I just expressed my enthusiasm to get these in time for launch and asked if there were any discounts for mynintendo.com members. The rep said "No, there are no discounts for mynintendo.com members, but give me a second and let me see what I can do." he typed something up and let me know that they can offer me UPS red shipping for the regular shipping price.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']No, I just expressed my enthusiasm to get these in time for launch and asked if there were any discounts for mynintendo.com members. The rep said "No, there are no discounts for mynintendo.com members, but give me a second and let me see what I can do." he typed something up and let me know that they can offer me UPS red shipping for the regular shipping price.[/quote]Got the same done.

did you guys get an order number? I didn't get one hahah.... I think they were in a rush to fill out the final orders... dammit =/

gah, maybe I should call back tomorrow and complain about that, then they'll bump me up to next day :D. I really NEVER ever want to see the wii on my TV without component cables.

[quote name='Zoglog']did you guys get an order number? I didn't get one hahah.... I think they were in a rush to fill out the final orders... dammit =/[/quote]Well if you have a Nintendo.com account it will show up in their, but I also got an order # from the man on the phone.

He found my nintendo.com info and updated it for me, no free shipping upgrades unfortunately. Paid for the fastest since I'm across the country from them.

bread's done
Back