ordering jewelry off of amazon

perdition(troy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (89%)
so, i gotta replace my wedding band. ill save you the trouble of reading a long boring story, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them in the past buying jewelry from them, or any pros/cons.

thanks in advance guys.

[quote name='perdition(troy']so, i gotta replace my wedding band. ill save you the trouble of reading a long boring story, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them in the past buying jewelry from them, or any pros/cons.

thanks in advance guys.[/QUOTE]
Yikes dude... I'd be wary of buying jewelry off any website. You can't tell the quality of metal, weight, size, etc.
If you're in San Diego my dad's a custom jeweler and could hook you up. He's made all of my friend's wedding bands as well as my own.

I feel the same way as Nobi Wan. I feel you should look at jewelry in person and try it on to see what it actually looks like before buying. Just like a car, you should always test drive a car before buying it. just my 2 cents.........

If it's a specific name brand "mass produced" piece, you'll be fine. I ordered a Tiffany & Co Necklace from Amazon for and it was just like if I had bought it at a Tiffany's store (Complete with all boxes/documentation/etc).

However, like others have said, if it's a "one of a kind" or from "Jim Bob's Jewelry", I'd definitely take the high road here.

Make sure its sold by Amazon and not a 3rd party, which a lot of that kind of stuff is. If Amazon is the seller it will definitely be authentic. Another place online to consider is BlueNile, which is a very legit company, I believe traded on the stock exchange, and I think the biggest online jeweler.

www.bluenile.com

Thanks guys. I read your posts/thought it over a bit and realized I may as well go local and found a nice little shop in town. It was only ~150 or so more then online, and I got to keep some money in my community.

bread's done
Back