Ordering Replacement Manuals from Nintendo.com: Authentic or Photocopies?

iamamoogle

CAGiversary!
I've been looking into turning DS cases into nice holders for my old GB/GBC/GBA games. Since I purchased a large number of them used at Game Stops and EBs they're unfornately without the manuals. Nintendo.com's store sells many of their 1st party (and some 3rd) game manuals. It would be real nice step to completing some of my games.

An example is: Metroid Fusion Manual for $1.25

The only thing I'm skeptical about was that it states: "This is the manual that was packaged with the game. The manual you receive may be a photocopy of the original manual."

I was just wondering if anyone had ordered any manuals from Nintendo before and if they were authentic or just copies. I understand that the clause leaves it open despite others success, but I wanted an opinion before I concidered it further. I'm pretty much assuming that N64, GBC and any earlier titles would more than likely be photocopies as I doubt they have such old manuals just piled up on the off chance that someone would want, and go through the trouble, to get them.

I haven't myself but I wouldn't be surprised from the sound of that if they just print something off and send it to you. I agree that it seems unlikely they would have piles of manuals about.

I have physically ordered from them and they were all originals. I think if the game is last gen then it might be a copy.. but they will send originals if they have them.

From what I've gathered previously, it seems that it really depends on how old the game is. The older it is, the higher the chance it's a photocopy, and that grows exponentially once you go a full generation back. Unfortunately, there's no real way to know until you get it in the mail.

[quote name='carthitup']From what I've gathered previously, it seems that it really depends on how old the game is. The older it is, the higher the chance it's a photocopy, and that grows exponentially once you go a full generation back. Unfortunately, there's no real way to know until you get it in the mail.[/QUOTE]

exactly, the snes and nes are almost always photocopies.

I guess you could try calling their 800 number and ask if the one you want is an actual manual or a photocopy. Now that i think about it, i may have tried that a few years ago, and they didnt know, but maybe things have changed.

bread's done
Back