original Xbox games $1.00 at Dollar Tree

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!
This is funny but if anyone lives near a dollar tree store go to the electronics section. I saw some sealed original xbox games mixed in with the DVD's. I found this one mixed in. It's backwards compatible with the 360 (with update) according to microsoft's website.

jphdm1.jpg

I shop at dollar stores all the time. Great place to find cheap cereal, canned potatoes, pasta and sauce, soy milk. Mine even has a freezer section where you can get Italian ice and decent popcorn shrimp for a buck.

Saw the Xbox games awhile back, but they were all racing/sports so I didn't look any closer. They had them up at the register, I guess some people would still steal a $1 original XB game... sad.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']This is funny but if anyone lives near a dollar tree store go to the electronics section. I saw some sealed original xbox games mixed in with the DVD's. I found this one mixed in. It's backwards compatible with the 360 (with update) according to microsoft's website.

jphdm1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Who the hell knew that Bethesda Softworks developed budget drag racing games?

[quote name='anch']off topic
i was in a 99 cent store today and saw Bleach DVD vol 2.
%21%21d5-dWwBWM%7E$%28KGrHqYOKkIErz%218eJDoBLGU%29Jz%21cw%7E%7E_7.JPG
on the cover it said it has a exclusive shinigami keychain.
I didnt buy it i was hoping to get a picture of it first. not a fan of the series just curious about the keychain.
anyone know what it looks like?[/QUOTE]

Oh shits, I might need to go looking for that. I do like me some Bleach. That's a steal for a buck. This is at the official "99 Cent Store" with the garish purple and green logo?

[quote name='Vegan']This is at the official "99 Cent Store" with the garish purple and green logo?[/QUOTE]

The thread is for "Dollar Tree", but other posters are mentioning generic named stores. Be specific, everybody! I'm headed into town tomorrow and I want to know where I need to go check! :D

dollartree.jpg

Guess I'll check the local Dollar Tree tonight. It has been a few months since I took the nephews in there (for cheap toys).

About the only games I really want for the original Xbox these days is Futurama and Steel Battalion (and I know neither of those will be there...).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Most of my original XBox games sell for $1-$3 on eBay, and after paypal fees and eBay fees I rarely make a $1 off them. So I would say the $1 store is probably the best bet for a lot of these old xbox games.

Oh there are a few exceptions like Otogi ($10ish for the first, a little more for the sequel), Steel Battalian (Still sells for near $100ish complete with line of contact), SF Anniversary Collection ($20ish), Knights of the Republic (Sold as a set $30ish complete) and Madden 08 ($20ish used. Rare.) but in general most XBox games sell for crap unless sold in a lot.[/QUOTE]

Agreed -- most do sell for nothing. The key is to have amassed a collection of the titles to command a premium for selling in a lot. I've got 135 Xbox games -- mostly all bought new -- and it probably averages out to about $7 per title. I can't see selling them anytime soon. I love my Xbox -- when it came to multiplatform games, it was always my console of choice.

[quote name='Puffa469']Who the hell knew that Bethesda Softworks developed budget drag racing games?[/QUOTE]

They've done that with quite a few titles if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='GUNNM']do they have ninja gaiden black?[/QUOTE]

I saw 10 copies, but left them. Why, did somebody want one for $1???

Seriously though stay away from the freeze dried banana chips. Learn from my mistakes, people.

[quote name='dallow']Worth it just for the perfect case to replace my ratty old boxes.[/QUOTE]

For valuable games that's very true. :D Can't find neon-green DVD cases anywhere.

I managed to find an AWESOME Spiderman V.S. Green Goblin poster for $1 once. This was about 6 months ago. I didn't put it on the wall & after moving a couple of times it wasn't in as great condition. It wasn't ruined, but just kinda creased in the middle. I ended up giving it to my brother in law.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']I think the same thing everytime I see his sig. I could care less what kind of personality the chick's got. You so missing the point here. I could stare all day at his sig.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']I think the same thing everytime I see his sig. I could care less what kind of personality the chick's got. You so missing the point here. I could stare all day at his sig.[/QUOTE]

It's Ovia Munn...co-host of Attack of the Show on G4 in case you guys are curious. Not like any of you who would want to know are going to read this anyway because odds are you're still staring at his sig. :lol:

They had a tiny rack of DVD's at the local Dollar Tree. Nothing good among them, and certainly no video games.

[quote name='aaronmills']It's Ovia Munn...still staring at his sig.[/QUOTE]

time to bust out the dollar bills!!! [no pun intended]

Checked my dollar tree for games. Didnt find any, but I found a TON (literally, about 100) Transformers Generation 1 Design Autobot Xbox 360 faceplates.

These faceplates are different from the ones offered last time, these have generation 1 characters. I can easily get some extra, if anyone's interested, PM me. Make me an offer, cash or some other item for trade. I'm not trying to make a huge profit, just want cost of item, shipping, a little extra for time and packing material, but don't lowball me. And if you're doing the asking, you have to send first.

[quote name='Rig']They had a tiny rack of DVD's at the local Dollar Tree. Nothing good among them, and certainly no video games.[/QUOTE]
Seconded.

Best things i ever found at Dollar Tree were Rare/Old Medabot Figures and Beyblades, and some pretty nice cases/covers for my Ipod/Ipod Touch

bread's done
Back