Oscar Best Pic Contenders Black Swan/The Fighter + More BluRay $19.99 Each on Amazon

[quote name='shrike4242']King's Speech and Rabbit Hole, two other Best Picture contenders, are also $19.99 each:

Rabbit Hole: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AE3QY4/

King's Speech: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UESJHE/

The Fighter is a BD / DVD / DC combo pack, while the other three are BD only copies. All four of them aren't out yet, as they're preorders.

127 Hours on BD is $19.99 and is available now:
http://www.amazon.com/127-Hours-Blu-ray-James-Franco/dp/B004L3AQFG/[/QUOTE]

Added to main post. Good deals.

Thanks for expanding the post with the additional options.

I wish True Grit would have a release date and also be $19.99 like the other movies above. It's currently $27.99, and Black Swan was that price up until a couple of days ago.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I'm really tempted by 127 hours.

Is it worth the price?[/QUOTE]

I think it's definitely worth it. It was one of my favorites of the year and I thought Franco should have gotten Best Actor. There's a Danny Boyle commentary track, deleted scenes, and a couple featurettes. As an added bonus, they've added the short film that won Best Live Action Short Film at the Oscars...The God of Love. If you watched the show, he was the guy who won and said he should have got a haircut. It's not even advertised on the packaging, but it's included.

I have nothing against James Franco or the movie itself, I'm sure the acting is great with all the buzz it is getting but putting all that aside. Is the movie any good? I buy a lot of movies day 1 but this one doesn't really interest me, I can't see how this movie would keep me hooked.

[quote name='shrike4242']Thanks for expanding the post with the additional options.

I wish True Grit would have a release date and also be $19.99 like the other movies above. It's currently $27.99, and Black Swan was that price up until a couple of days ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing True Grit will eventually go down in price too, though it is one of them BR/DVD/Digital Copy combos while the others (except for The Fighter) are just Blu-Ray only.

[quote name='nepenthegram']There are already two posts above you saying yes. And generally speaking, all that buzz comes from somewhere....[/QUOTE]

I saw ONE post saying the acting is great which I'm not interested in, sure it does make the movie enjoyable but for those that know what the movie is about. This happened locally and was in the news for a quite some time so it pretty much ruins the movie, and that is my question. Is the plot any good?
Or is it just some guy that gets his arm stuck in between a boulder then cuts it off then drags himself, gets rescued and THE END?
Thanks for adding a useless comment nepenthegram and all that buzz that comes from somewhere is from a bunch of old people that I have next to nothing in common with.

[quote name='Josef']I'm guessing True Grit will eventually go down in price too, though it is one of them BR/DVD/Digital Copy combos while the others (except for The Fighter) are just Blu-Ray only.[/QUOTE]I can hope so, though hopefully it'll drop a bit when we get closer to release date.

I set up a price watch on camelcamelcamel.com for it and we'll see what happens.

[quote name='Josef']I'm guessing True Grit will eventually go down in price too, though it is one of them BR/DVD/Digital Copy combos while the others (except for The Fighter) are just Blu-Ray only.[/QUOTE]I can hope so, though hopefully it'll drop a bit when we get closer to release date.

I set up a price watch on camelcamelcamel.com for it and we'll see what happens.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I'm really tempted by 127 hours.

Is it worth the price?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a very good movie, but personally, not the kind of movie I'd watch more than once.

[quote name='dino88']I think it's definitely worth it. It was one of my favorites of the year and I thought Franco should have gotten Best Actor. There's a Danny Boyle commentary track, deleted scenes, and a couple featurettes. As an added bonus, they've added the short film that won Best Live Action Short Film at the Oscars...The God of Love. If you watched the show, he was the guy who won and said he should have got a haircut. It's not even advertised on the packaging, but it's included.[/QUOTE]

Did you see The King's Speech? Colin Firth's performance was no doubt the best of the nominations. I'd rank Jesse Eisenberg second, and then Franco. I didn't see Biutiful so I can't rank Bardem's performance

[quote name='ssjmichael']Did you see The King's Speech? Colin Firth's performance was no doubt the best of the nominations. I'd rank Jesse Eisenberg second, and then Franco. I didn't see Biutiful so I can't rank Bardem's performance[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I saw The King's Speech. I thought Firth was great, but Franco was much better in my eyes. I loved The Social Network, but Eisenberg shouldn't have even been nominated. They could have got the same performance out of nearly any actor with Fincher and that script.

bread's done
Back