Oscar De La Hoya vs Manny Pacquiao - December 6th

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
tale_of_the_tape_bg.jpg

So who else is pumped for this match? And what are your thoughts / predictions? I'm personally thinking De La Hoya will win by decision but I'd love to see Pacquiao take it. I'm just not sure he has the strength and weight to knock out De La Hoya. And overall, I think De La Hoya will be the more precise, technical fighter. Plus the judges will just naturally favor him.

Here's the tale of the tape:

Oscar De La Hoya
Record - W-L-D (KO): 39-5-0 (30)
Last 10 fights: 7-3-0 (4)
Age (Birthdate): 35 (04 Feb 1973)
Stance: Orthodox
Height: 5′ 10 1/2″
Reach: 72″

Manny Pacquiao
Record - W-L-D (KO): 47-3-2 (36)
Last 10 fights: 9-1-0 (6)
Age (Birthdate): 29 (12 Dec 1978)
Stance: Southpaw
Height: 5′ 6 1/2″
Reach: 67″

I didn't like this match up from the start since De La Hoya clearly has the advantage in height and reach, but I'm still rooting for "Manila Ice."

De La Hoya is a hack now. The guy only fights people signed under him so he can make 2x the paycheck whether he wins or loses.

Man wish I was in Manila right now, or anywhere over there. You would be able to go to movie theaters just to see Pacman's matches. lol.

I'm rooting for Pacman. fuck Oscar.

Justintv is getting hammered so I gave up and found a good one on sopcast. They've just finished doing intros so the fight should start soon.

Oscar's corner stopped the fight before the 9th round. Oscar was not boxing at all....it's like he didn't want to fight.

It's not that he didn't want to fight, he was just hella getting his ass kicked and didn't have an answer for Manny.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Wow, Manny's speed just overwhelmed Oscar right from the start. Awesome fight for Pacquiao fans!:cool:[/quote]

Was there a doubt, in anybody's mind, that this would happen?

[quote name='emg28']Was there a doubt, in anybody's mind, that this would happen?[/quote]
Well, De La Hoya was the favorite and it was thought that De La Hoya's power and reach could overwhelm Pac-Man's speed. And that was not the case... w00t

[quote name='shinryuu']Well, De La Hoya was the favorite and it was thought that De La Hoya's power and reach could overwhelm Pac-Man's speed. And that was not the case... w00t[/quote]

De la Hoya does not have the speed, the power or the stamina to fight good boxers anymore, especially Paquiao. I knew that De la Hoya was going to get killed. Whoever thought De la Hoya had a chance doesn't know a thing about Boxing.

Yup, so just as I said, De La Hoya was done out. I will not purchase any more PPVs with him, because they're just a waste of money when you know the outcome. I really don't understand why he keeps fighting and destroying his reputation/career (what little he had).

[quote name='eliter1']De la Hoya does not have the speed, the power or the stamina to fight good boxers anymore, especially Paquiao. I knew that De la Hoya was going to get killed. Whoever thought De la Hoya had a chance doesn't know a thing about Boxing.[/quote]

QFT. :applause:

I'm not saying I know alot about boxing but I know enough that I knew this was going to happen.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yup, so just as I said, De La Hoya was done out. I will not purchase any more PPVs with him, because they're just a waste of money when you know the outcome. I really don't understand why he keeps fighting and destroying his reputation/career (what little he had).[/quote]

Plain and simple... he fights for the money and to bring attention to his promotion company.

Stay tuned for De La Hoya vs Mayweather II...

It's because of all that dead air with the piss-poor under card. I don't think any match went past round 2. Pacman working DLH for 8 rounds was great. I've never seen DLH looked that lost in a ring before.

bread's done
Back