Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

mdmrn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Anyone have it or played it? I'm trying to figure out if its worth trying to get my hands on an import copy of that or the sequel. Its what Elite Beat Agents is based on and it looks like a really fun game.

[quote name='t0llenz']Cool! Thanks for the link, I'm just wondering where can I even get it besides eBay?[/QUOTE]All the usual suspects for imports will have it, like Play-Asia and YesAsia. Search the deals forums for coupons, if there are any.

I got both of them from Play Asia, and yes they are both worth it.

Since you've already played EBA, Ouendan 1 will seem a bit unpolished/lacking in features, but the great gameplay is still there. The big things you'll miss are the replay saves and some of the song skips. The high score data isn't as detailed or as accessible either. But the game is still great, and a must own.

And Ouendan 2 has even more good features than EBA does(more skips, the ability to save any 20 replays you want, and an unlockable difficulty mode where the circles vanish earlier before you need to hit them).

As for music, there are songs I like and songs I don't like in all 3. But these games are designed so well that even though I don't like all the songs, I still enjoy playing those levels.

Oendan 2 is fantastic. At least as good as EBA. At first the Japanese will seem a shortcoming, but it actually becomes fun as you start out not knowing what's going on in the story, but soon enough it becomes apparent, and pretty bizarre/funny. Alas I don't yet have Oendan 1. Part of the reason I haven't picked it up yet is due to the lack of story skips. I think that might drive me crazy. Oendan 2 includes story skipping and skipping the start of songs. I'm not sure I can live without that. Still, I love the games and will have to pick it up at some point. Personally I really like the music in Oendan 2. There are some duds, sure, but mostly the songs are great. I'm really, really looking forward (hopefully) to an EBA 2. Hopefully with wifi battles. Please, pretty please. :) No, I don't have an inside scoop, just am hopeful it will come about.

Thanks for all the information! You've all been very helpful. Trying to figure out which place to get it from...and how much I'm willing to spend still :p

[quote name='t0llenz']Thanks for all the information! You've all been very helpful. Trying to figure out which place to get it from...and how much I'm willing to spend still :p[/quote]

YesAsia.com has Ouendan 2 for: $39.99 with free shipping and if you use coupon WGASIA5 you can get $5 off if you're a new customer. It worked for me, but that was back in August so I'm not sure if that coupon is still good or not. Still, $40 shipped is a great price for it anyway. For $35 it's a steal.

[quote name='crunchewy'] Alas I don't yet have Oendan 1. Part of the reason I haven't picked it up yet is due to the lack of story skips. I think that might drive me crazy. [/QUOTE]

FYI, there has always been story skips. Ouendan 1 only lacks the start of song skip(with the only long intro belonging to the last level). End level too, but that was part of EBA too. So don't hesitate!

Yeah, the only place where skipping matters at all in Ouendan 1 is the last song. And I like the song enough that I don't mind sitting through the intro.

i had to sit through that intro at LEAST 70 times before getting through it on insane and THEN i went back to S it, it took all my willpower and then some for that feat :drool:

[quote name='Teeheehee']FYI, there has always been story skips. Ouendan 1 only lacks the start of song skip(with the only long intro belonging to the last level). End level too, but that was part of EBA too. So don't hesitate![/quote]

Oh! Thanks for the clarification. Alas, I've bought to much lately as it is, so I'll have to wait. Probably ask my wife to give it to me for xmas. :)

bread's done
Back