O'Sullivan Media Storage Tower $40 BB B&M (YMMV) (sells for ~$100 elsewhere

imacheapasstoo

CAGiversary!
Finally I have an incredibly sweet deal for my fellow CAGers.

Best Buy B&M has a VERY nice O'Sullivan Media Storage Tower for $39.99 plus tax. It's not available online, so you have to call your local BB to see if they have them. One out of 2 stores in my area had them and the store only had 2.

The tower holds 340 DVDs so it's great for your video games. It has adjustable shelves so you can store anything else on it, including CDs, vhs tapes, decorations, etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------
BB link (but not available online):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1067390601264&skuId=5365918&type=product
-------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to pay around $100, try these links:
Staples:
http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=558857

Target (they charge a lot for S&H):
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...215591-1380926?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00018TVK6

I already have one of these and look adoringly at it every day. I paid around $100 for it several months ago. I'll post pics of it if people want to see how I use it (for games mostly).

If you need a storage unit for your games, call your local BB to see if they have this in stock. Both of the BB employees I talked to said this was an amazing deal. And you'd better call soon because sooner or later this will probably end up posted (not by me) in shopping forums at other sites.

There shouldn't be any referral things in the links I posted above as I went to the sites directly. But hopefully CheapyD or someone can convert them into CAG referral links.

BTW, the box this thing comes in is very heavy. If you're like me and don't have muscles, ask a BB employee to load it into your car for you.

[quote name='rodeojones903']^^

It most likely will need a truck or suv if imacheapasstoo couldnt pick it up[/quote]

I couldn't pick it up cause I'm female and I'm weak. :D

You should be able to fit it in your car. I have a Honda Civic and I just reclined the passenger's seat and had both of the boxes (I bought 2 units) put on top of the seat.

For anyone who's wondering, the box it came in is about 43" x 6" x 12" so it's not that big. It's just really freakin heavy.

The unit is about 5 feet tall when yer done putting it together, which is something even I can do without causing myself too much injury.

It says on the BB site that is is 7 1/8" deep (well they call it length but it is the only rational size from the choices.)

This is funny, this is the first time the store availiability has given me back just about every store in the area. My current storage solution is also full so this is much appreciated.

The website said that my local Best Buy had it in stock, but when I got there, I couldn't find any. A guy checked in back for me and there weren't any. A few minutes later, the guy found me and said they had ONE left up front. Someone returned it and also returned another storage unit. Since it was an open box buy, I got 10% off. Nice bday gift to myself. :lol:

I saw it here on CAG first before I saw it on B$, so thanks to imacheapasstoo for the deal! :D

Thanx for the deal, I got one via the pick up at store option! Awesome! :) Oh yeah, My anime collection will look so good in that.

Thanks for the info. I went by my local BB today but they didn't have it. However, the guy there was really nice and gave me a newer one that is similar but slightly bigger for $5 more, so I was quite happy about that.

[quote name='dafoomie']Is this the last day of the sale, or will it continue to be at this price throughout next week?[/quote]

Dunno, I don't even know if this is a sale. Maybe a company-wide pricing error? It's still hard for me to believe that this thing is priced at $40 when it costs around $100 elsewhere. Whenever I've only spent $40 for a storage cabinet in the past, it was usually a crappy one.

I dont' remember ever seeing it advertised as a sale and only ran across the BB price when I was doing price comparisons online as I needed another storage cabinet and liked this one quite a bit. I don't know whether BB offers rain checks if they're not in stock. It's still priced at $39.99 online but is still not available for online purchase. Of course all of that could change at any time.

Damn, according to the Target description the shipping weight is 65 pounds! No wonder the shipping cost is so high. I think I'll just get another of the Fellowes units that hold 240 DVDs for $20 at Wal-mart.

I went to one of my local BB's and they looked it up in the computer.

They said the SKU shows as DELETED, which means they won't get any more in stock. All of the stores in my area don't have any more, so this one is dead for me. If it shows up on the website again, you might luck out and get one, but at the B&M, it's done with.

If you find one of them, then lucky you. For me, I'm sorry I missed it.

It wasn't a sale it was a clearence. They will no longer carry this...the guy at the BB showed me on his computer screen. Even though the online site said it was available all around me (mankato, mn) when I went to the store they had none. They ordered me what looked like the last one in MN from another store (Baxter, MN)..

I went to one today and was shocked to see what I thought to be five of them. Excact same dimensions, exact same potential storage numbers.

The problem as I now know is that the one I was looking at was Atlantic brand. It sells for 69.99.

Apparently they replaced the 99.99 O'Sullivan with the 69.99 Atlantic.

My question is what about quality? Any one have any comments?

I'm refreshing this post . . . because I found one of these today.

Funny, I saw this post a week ago and thought "good deal" then I forgot about it . . . my wife calls the shots on decor decisions.

Then, she started rearranging the furntiture a few days ago . . . and said now we need a bookcase. I showed her the pic (the finish exactly matches my TV and audio cabinets) and it matches the space.

So, I got the go ahead but started to call around . . . total pain in the ass! and couldn't find one in local stores.

I think that more Best Buys might have these but they're not on display . . . and you really have to push (or get lucky) to find someone to really check.

I got it at the Gurnee Best Buy which is North of Chicago (it is a new store right by Target on Hunt Club Road).

It sounds like they have a few more . . . but act quickly!

Oh wow! They finally opened up a Best Buy out in Gurnee?

I used to go out there w/my mom like every week when I was younger and I always griped that the only store that wasn't in the area was a BB.

Man...memories....

Nice deal but I do not like the bookshelf look to it I always try to get the most unique looking media stand I can I got the 2 I have from pier 1.

thx for the post I had one shipped locally from another store way up north that still had it in stock pretty much all of the detroit area is sold out now. Just gotta put it together now. It'll look great next to my console/mame arcade cabinet i'm building

[quote name='Miranda']The website said that my local Best Buy had it in stock, but when I got there, I couldn't find any. A guy checked in back for me and there weren't any. A few minutes later, the guy found me and said they had ONE left up front. Someone returned it and also returned another storage unit. Since it was an open box buy, I got 10% off. Nice bday gift to myself. :lol:

I saw it here on CAG first before I saw it on B$, so thanks to imacheapasstoo for the deal! :D[/quote]

Sorry to be ignorant, but what site is "B$"? Is it another shopping site? Thanks.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i hope deals like this are still around in a year or so when i buy a house....im going to need a couple of those really bad[/quote]

You and me both, trust.

With the CC sale and all the stuff I've found in cheapass deals around here, that would've been perfect. The two 40-DVD racks I have won't cut it anymore. And from where I have my games, a couple of 80 DVD spinners would work, due to the narrow area I have things.

I can't even imagine how many of those you would need. Only a couple? :shock:

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='trustcompany1013']i hope deals like this are still around in a year or so when i buy a house....im going to need a couple of those really bad[/quote]

You and me both, trust.

With the CC sale and all the stuff I've found in cheapass deals around here, that would've been perfect. The two 40-DVD racks I have won't cut it anymore. And from where I have my games, a couple of 80 DVD spinners would work, due to the narrow area I have things.

I can't even imagine how many of those you would need. Only a couple? :shock:[/quote]

If you are really looking for DVD racks, check out www.thejungles.com

They have a bunch on there, although you may be able to get some of the racks cheaper at other places.

I have this one: works good, but it is totally full of DVD's....I may buy a 2nd smaller one now:
thejungles_1806_5033469.jpg

bread's done
Back