Other games like Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

bordjon

CAGiversary!
Hello - I just beat Dawn of Sorrow and really enjoyed it. I don't have any other Castlevania games and wanted to get some suggestions of similar games. I will be getting the double pack for gba real soon - but was wondering what are some other ds or gba games similar to castlevania. Just wanted some suggestions - Thanks!

Only thing coming to mind is metroid Fusion. Other then that I heard Gunstar Super Heroes was great and that is similiar, although not the same.

Uh, I wouldn't say Gunstar Super Heroes is anywhere close in style. Castlevania = Metroid style game play; GSH = fast paced shooter with platforming elements.

Obviously grab Circle of the Moon, the first GBA castlevania, and I hear the first Dual Masters game is fairly decent and similarly style. Can't vouch for that one though as I haven't played it myself.

Not Duel Masters but Shaman King : Master of Spirits 1 and 2. IIRC, they're made on the GBA Castlevania engine. I have the second one, really fun game.

shaman king: master of spirits2 uses the castlevania engine and the game play is similar. but instead of one giant castle its based on a world, you still have to go back and explore different areas but its not quite as good as castlevania.

I hear the latest GBA Kirby game, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror I think it's called, is similar to the Castlevania/2D Metroid style -- big world that opens up as you discover things. I personally haven't played it, but I've loved nearly ever Kirby game.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I hear the latest GBA Kirby game, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror I think it's called, is similar to the Castlevania/2D Metroid style -- big world that opens up as you discover things. I personally haven't played it, but I've loved nearly ever Kirby game.[/QUOTE]

SOLD! haha - I picked this up real cheap off ebay a little while ago and haven't even opened it - didn't know exactly what it was like - but hearing this I'll definately break it out and give it a go.

thanks for all the suggestions - I'm gonna keep my eye out for shaman king 2 - and sooner than later will be getting the castlevania double pack - all that plus tetris ds and metriod prime hunters should keep me busy - man what a great time for a birthday (well besides the fact that I'm turning 30 haha)

[quote name='bordjon']SOLD! haha - I picked this up real cheap off ebay a little while ago and haven't even opened it - didn't know exactly what it was like - but hearing this I'll definately break it out and give it a go.

thanks for all the suggestions - I'm gonna keep my eye out for shaman king 2 - and sooner than later will be getting the castlevania double pack - all that plus tetris ds and metriod prime hunters should keep me busy - man what a great time for a birthday (well besides the fact that I'm turning 30 haha)[/QUOTE]
Sweet, let me know what you think of Kirby. I haven't picked it up yet, as it's always pricey.

Seriously, get the Castlevania Double Pack ASAP. You'll be amazed how close Aria is to Dawn of Sorrow. It's a freaking awesome game. Harmony's not as good and annoyed me sometimes, but still a great play. I also beat Circle of the Moon back in the day. Doesn't quite hold up to the other two GBA 'Vanias, but worth getting. I remember when GameStops had dozens of new copies for $20.

EDIT: By the way, I don't buy GBA games off of Ebay, since it seems 75% of them are Chinese bootlegs.

[quote name='ViolentLee']

EDIT: By the way, I don't buy GBA games off of Ebay, since it seems 75% of them are Chinese bootlegs.[/QUOTE]

yeah - I rarely buy them off ebay - but these were freakin brand new still sealed - and CRAZY 6.99 buy it now - I got metal slug advance and kirby and *gasp* classic super mario bros - all three for under 30 shipped - if they are new in the box still shrink wrapped - is there a chance they are bootlegs?

[quote name='bordjon']yeah - I rarely buy them off ebay - but these were freakin brand new still sealed - and CRAZY 6.99 buy it now - I got metal slug advance and kirby and *gasp* classic super mario bros - all three for under 30 shipped - if they are new in the box still shrink wrapped - is there a chance they are bootlegs?[/QUOTE]

A few questions:
Was the seller listed as being from Hong Kong?
Was shipping on one game $6 or more?
Do the boxes say Nintondo or any other obvious typos on them?

If you answered yes to any of these, you might have a bootleg. If not, you may be okay.

[quote name='ViolentLee']A few questions:
Was the seller listed as being from Hong Kong?
Was shipping on one game $6 or more?
Do the boxes say Nintondo or any other obvious typos on them?

If you answered yes to any of these, you might have a bootleg. If not, you may be okay.[/QUOTE]

they came from Illinois
shipping was listed at 7.99 each - but he gave me a decent discount since I bought 4 things (also a paper mario at 6.99 hehe)
the boxes look normal and don't see any typos

so guess I should be ok

thanks for your replies - helpful stuff - I'll certainly be on the lookout anytime I'm checking ebay for gba games for those bootleg clues

*edit* here is the seller - still has a few games but hasn't listed any in a while - http://stores.ebay.com/Shauns-Garage_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

[quote name='Chacrana']Well you can't tell from those pics. It's stock art.[/QUOTE]

that's true - I took a chance - and it paid off ;)

bread's done
Back