OTT 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme & EVERYTHING Else Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just use Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and works great. I visit some, uh, "questionable" sites and haven't had any problems since I started using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Windows 8 (the one with all the stupid "apps" on the home screen).

Says Microsoft Defender is already included with that. (So why do I get all these annoying messages that McAfee is expired and I have no anti-virus/spyware protection?_

Think I'm gonna wait on GTA5 until a version for the new system comes out. Or a super sweet deal. Whichever comes first.

Also, glad I went with RG3. Things aren't going great for him and his team irl but he's doing great point wise in my league.

I had no plans on buying it at launch until today when the hype finally overtook me. I guess I'll grab it tomorrow. I hope I love it like I loved the PS2 versions.

wait two years gta v on ps plus.

do i need to un-install avast and mcafee to get microsoft system defender to work?

GTA IV is one of the highest rated games ever, yet many people ended up thinking it kind of sucked. I would be utterly shocked if the 10/10 reviews for GTA V weren't effectively purchased. It doesn't mean it isn't a good game, but no way this thing lives up to the hype.

I'm only buying GTA V if it has an annoying flying or driving mission that I can't get past half way through the game.

I should have never taught my kid how to use the remote.

Pro:  I don't have to get up to start shows for him every 30 minutes.

Con: I'm doomed to watching the same shows over and over and over. (And not even the full show. How'd he figure out rewind and fast-forward?)

Gf bought me GTA V today :']

Came home to play it and since I haven't touched my PS3 in months, I have to update first ;-;

GTA IV is one of the highest rated games ever, yet many people ended up thinking it kind of sucked. I would be utterly shocked if the 10/10 reviews for GTA V weren't effectively purchased. It doesn't mean it isn't a good game, but no way this thing lives up to the hype.

Most of those people think a game with a fucking dildo sword is the greatest thing ever.

GTA IV I thought the cars were too stiff, now everything feels loose ;-; I just think I'm too used to Saint's Row's mechanisms still since I recently played SR3.  I'm enjoying GTAV so far.

GTAV was pretty sick, IMO. I'm a huge fan of going against the grain and laughing at bought off reviews from big game sites but I was quite impressed with this one. It's got a lot going for it, with very few actual flaws.

Tempted to get a western digital AC router. They have it at New Egg for $80 and I have a $20 gift card.
I saw that too. I was going to buy it, but then realized I don't even know what it does :lol:

I finished building a new PC last night at 3am. I'm tired as hell, but I want to get home and start messing around with it.

Is it just me or does the blog section seem to be getting tossed aside? There used to be a prominent button at the top and now you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see it. It doesn't seem to have the activity it did before the upgrade either.

It's a 802.11 Ac basic router. It's the cheapest ione available.

On the 5 Ghz line it transmits theoretically at 1,300 Mbps. On the 2.4 Ghz line it transmits at 450 Mbps. Since it's dual band, if you have a dual band  802.11 Ac receiver you could theoretically communicate at 1750 Mbps.

But in reality you'll never see close to those actual throughputs. You'll most likely see something like this.

wdac1300_5ghz-100019643-orig.jpg

Which you'll notice is nowhere close to 1,750 Mbps. And most routers have a similar issue, so they often are much slower than what's on the box.

As I said, the WD 1300 Ac doesn't have the bells and whistles of other premium routers like cloud services and the like. But it's at least half the price of other 802.11 AC Routers. I think the Asus one is $180 and the Linksys is $160. But it has all you would expect from a high end router, intelligent traffic control, and excellent software.

I have an old single band Linksys E2000 so if I can upgrade that to a high quality router with 802.11Ac for $60 I thought I'd jump at the chance.

^^I actually didn't even know what AC was :lol:  I figured it out now though.  It seems like a good deal, especially with those speeds.  

I am just using the verizon wireless router but I did buy a cheap $15 D-Link router to reach our bedroom.  I put DDWRT on it and got the wireless bridge through LAN working.  I am trying to figure out how to change that to wireless but it's being a pain.  We will be using it to stream netflix to the bedroom TV and to do some web surfing before going to bed so hopefully it will be good enough.

At least that game boiled it down to a simple essence of "fun"

GTA lost a lot when it started trying to be a serious story. I miss the old days of stupid fun childish GTA.

People who say this tended to skip Gay Tony. Gay Tony has all that over the top stuff in it.

Hey Casey, how's the Chromecast treating you nowadays.

Shit, as I typed that LeSean McCoy went down on the grown reaching for his legs and writhing in pain.

Thank god he jogged off.

Hey Casey, how's the Chromecast treating you nowadays.

Shit, as I typed that LeSean McCoy went down on the grown reaching for his legs and writhing in pain.

Thank god he jogged off.
I haven't used it all that much. Between work and school I haven't had a chance to really test it out. First Sunday I get off from work I going to use it to watch the Cowboys.

People who say this tended to skip Gay Tony. Gay Tony has all that over the top stuff in it.
Not skipped, backlogged. Same reason I haven't touched AssCreed 2, despite it being "better". When the original leaves a bad taste, you're hesitant to go back. (Full disclosure before this is used against me, I skipped the horrible mess that is Saints Row and went straight to 2 because I lacked a 360, if not for that I likely wouldn't be playing SRIV)

Heh. Had my Itunes account hacked the other day and for whatever reason was unable to access it. Security questions didn't work, recovery email, nothing. Called tech support today and one of the last things they had me try (since I had the email of the new account everything was linked to) was to use the email that hacked me with my old password. Of everything they changed, the password was the one thing they didn't.

Not skipped, backlogged. Same reason I haven't touched AssCreed 2, despite it being "better". When the original leaves a bad taste, you're hesitant to go back. (Full disclosure before this is used against me, I skipped the horrible mess that is Saints Row and went straight to 2 because I lacked a 360, if not for that I likely wouldn't be playing SRIV)
SR1 was actually really good when it came out in 06 or whatever, but I can believe it may not have aged all that well. SR2 was better in every way though. Also, play AC2. While I liked the first game, AC2 blows it out of the water. It's still probably the best AC game.

Heh. Had my Itunes account hacked the other day and for whatever reason was unable to access it. Security questions didn't work, recovery email, nothing. Called tech support today and one of the last things they had me try (since I had the email of the new account everything was linked to) was to use the email that hacked me with my old password. Of everything they changed, the password was the one thing they didn't.
Maybe you shouldn't use, "password," as your password.

I like when they tell you to vary the way your passwords are written but don't allow anything but letters and numbers. You're going to have hell cracking it if I can put money signs and tildes in there, but noooo.

Date night with the wife was cancelled and rescheduled to Tuesday.

Couldn't quite decide on a restaurant anyway.

May have to go here for desert.

http://saltandstraw.com

It's a block away from my work and there's always a line out the door and around the corner.

GTA5 doesn't have that 'keep your friends happy' nonsense in it does it?
Them calling all of the time begging to hang out? Not that I've seen so far. You only get calls for story/mission related stuff. You'd have to call people on your contacts list to hang out with them if you want.

I got a Logitech Driving Force steering wheel for the PS2 for free at a yard sale this weekend.  It was in the free pile and the lady said it was either for the playstation or n64.  It turns out it's a PS2 steering wheel and it works perfectly on the PS3.  I ran through a couple of laps on GT5 and it works perfectly.  I have to see if it works on the PC also.  

This is it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Driving-Force-Wheel-PlayStation-2/dp/B00005NJZJ

It is so good. Bill Simmons asked Alan Sepinwall whether he would buy the last episode for 60 bucks if they put it on PPV on Friday, and they said they would. I agree with them on this. 

I don't get to watch it until Monday when it comes on Amazon, but I am making sure I set my alarm to wake me up early so I can watch it before work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back