OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borderlands 2 is more or less unplayable on the Vita. How disappointing. I don't get how the game managed to get decent reviews. It's not even a little bit fun.
I hate when games are like that. Evil Within on PS4 was kind of like that for me. I bought it on PC during the Steam sale because the PS4 version kept shitting the bed on me. Supposedly the patch that was released recently fixed it, but I figured with the PC version I could get rid of the black bars and play it at a much higher res.

So you can "like" the games you buy/play on the PS4?

The future is now, folks.

Wait... you have to be online to play Destiny?  So when their online shit is fucked up, you can't play the game?

Holy fucking shit.  What is this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Destiny is pretty much like an MMO.

I don't think I have ever did a bigger 180 on a game than sunset overdrive. That game looked like linkin primes wet dream of a game and I wrote it off. Glad I bought it. Its like tony hawk ratchet and clank and dead rising all mashed together. So much more fun than I thought it would be. Game also seems way less corny than the first hour makes you think it will be. Humor isn't funny buy similar to that of dead rising. Brake would love that one of the guns shoots bowling balls and is called the dude.

I thought the same thing, Casey. 

I bought it for my son for Christmas as part of the B2G1 at Best Buy because it was on sale and I needed a filler item...turns out he plays that the most of the 3 I picked up.  I hear the DLC is pretty good also, but I'll wait on price drop for that too.

I would buy the DLC down the road when it all comes bundled for a decent price. I bought the Dead Rising Season Pass today since it was on sale. Been itching to play some more of that game. It is still the best Xbox exclusive I have played. 

Destiny is pretty much like an MMO.

I don't think I have ever did a bigger 180 on a game than sunset overdrive. That game looked like linkin primes wet dream of a game and I wrote it off. Glad I bought it. Its like tony hawk ratchet and clank and dead rising all mashed together. So much more fun than I thought it would be. Game also seems way less corny than the first hour makes you think it will be. Humor isn't funny buy similar to that of dead rising. Brake would love that one of the guns shoots bowling balls and is called the dude.
I had the same impressions on that game, but now I might have to check it out. lol

Won a 7 man Hearthstone tournament.  Unfortunately I don't really think anyone knew what they were doing (read: level 21 F2P) except me.

I had the same impressions on that game, but now I might have to check it out. lol
The commercials and the lead characters design on the cover art and in the commercials was probably my biggest turn off. You get to customize your character completely. My dudes wearing purple stretchy pants and a lucha mask. If I had to look at the dude with the Mohawk for hours on end it would have negatively impacted how I feel about the game.

Tonight we saw what happens when FSU plays the same way they've been playing all season, but against a team that can actually capitalize.

What the hell happened to Rare.  it's such a bummer to think back on the amazing titles they put out in the 90s/early 00s and look at their lackluster resume since ~08.  Not that Nuts and Bolts was anything to write home about, either.

Let's see... I moved to Phoenix, AZ, got a job as a clinical research coordinator, and lost like 50lbs (stupid non-functioning thyroid).

Is anyone interested in Killer is Dead for the PS3?  I bought it before my PS3 broke, so now it's useless. :'[

I took a hit and did a barrel roll, landing on my shoulder about 18 months ago. It was dislocated, and tore my shoulder labrum in 2 places in the process. Since then, my left arm can't lift more than 6lbs and I can't consistently lift my arm above shoulder level. The orthos have said shoulder labrum surgery doesn't end well and is only a last resort if the pain gets unbearable (it aches but rarely "hurts"). I just have no strength in it. So, I've been on the DL and got into running/cycling.

Do you have to constantly think about your injury and plan physical actions around that to ensure that you don't strain it? That makes an injury really shitty as it starts impacting your quality of life to a high degree and you think about compensating for the injury before you take any physical action.

I took a hit and did a barrel roll, landing on my shoulder about 18 months ago. It was dislocated, and tore my shoulder labrum in 2 places in the process. Since then, my left arm can't lift more than 6lbs and I can't consistently lift my arm above shoulder level. The orthos have said shoulder labrum surgery doesn't end well and is only a last resort if the pain gets unbearable (it aches but rarely "hurts"). I just have no strength in it. So, I've been on the DL and got into running/cycling.
I had labrum surgery. Get s good doc and get ig done. Best thing I ever did. Plan for 5-7 months recovery. My arm was garbage and it feels amazing. I am about 6 years post op. Do the rehab. And lift some light weights. If you ortho says it doesnt end well, get a new doc. Seriously.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

I don't have to plans things, I just have to be more careful than normal because I'm really clumsy. If I'm reaching for a large book off a high shelf, I just have to do it slowly and think about it.

I don't have to plans things, I just have to be more careful than normal because I'm really clumsy. If I'm reaching for a large book off a high shelf, I just have to do it slowly and think about it.
That's great to hear. Hope your arm feels better. Mine sure does! Happy New Year!

So, how do people usually deal with trying to get a lower bill from your cable company?  If they actually end up letting you cancel, you just end up being without TV until you can get the new service in?  My mom wants to switch to DirecTV unless Comcast can lower her bill, but she's concerned that if she calls and ends up cancelling, she'll be without TV until she can call and schedule a DirecTV installation. :lol:

So, how do people usually deal with trying to get a lower bill from your cable company? If they actually end up letting you cancel, you just end up being without TV until you can get the new service in? My mom wants to switch to DirecTV unless Comcast can lower her bill, but she's concerned that if she calls and ends up cancelling, she'll be without TV until she can call and schedule a DirecTV installation. :lol:
I have a friend that switches tv services every 6 months - 2 years. He had Comcast, and every time they tried to raise their fees, he'd call and say he wanted to cancel. When they offered a lower price, he'd accept. After 3-4 time doing this they finally told him they couldn't offer him a lower price, and he left. Got DirectV with free movie channels, rinse, repeat.

Just as long as you're willing to leave, and you're ready for when they call your bluff if they think you're bluffing, you can get some really good deals.

I wouldn't wait though. Tell your mom to do this ASAP because if she leaves Comcast and has to wait for DirectV to install a dish, she'll want to get it in before the mid-season breaks are over and new episodes start airing.

I have to work 8 days in a row... 8! Granted, some of them are 4 hour shifts, but still.. Jeebus. I'm staying at my house so I only have to drive 1/2 as far. At least I get 3 days off at the end of it all.

I worked 10 days in a row for over 110 hours total from December 15-24. And I'll be doing that every other pay period through February. fuck me. I work 40 miles from home and in Phoenix that means an hour and a half in the morning, 35 Minutes at night.

I think I would have to take medication to have a 40 mile trip take an hour and a half every morning. My 20 mile trip takes between 25-40 and I rage when its close to 40.

Okay, I'm intrigued by this "Colin and Greg quit IGN" stuff, considering the podcasts are only available if you pay. As far as I can tell, ALL the other game sites offer at least one free podcast(Drive a lot when working, so I listen to many podcasts).

Sorry, you guys aren't THAT interesting. But, some people think so, they are drawing nearly 15K a month on just one account (they have two I think). No wonder they quit.

People are comparing them to Giant Bomb, but I think their goal is to be the next rooster teeth.

Morning, OTT.

___

I don't know any of those people.  I really dont listen to a lot of Podcasts.  CAGCast (Obviously) and Kevin Smith...those are two of the ones I've listened to most recently.

___

6 Degrees when I left my house tis morning...Its warming up to 18, but the wind chill will be a factor.  It's pretty cool that the heavy dusting we picked up the other day is still around, because its too cold to melt.  Bonus points because I'm a corner house, and it all ends up on my lawn/sidewalks/propety.  I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKAtUeWCfrE

My entrance music.

Last edited:
I had a torn labrum from a work related injury and I had surgery to fix it.  He said I wouldn't have 100% mobility afterwards even if I was young, but I feel fine.  I don't feel like I lost anything.

Get ready for the pain to be way worse after surgery than it was before for a while and have fun sleeping for like, 6 weeks.

That could definitely be used for evil.  What if some Swedish computer whiz were to deploy multiple bots on online poker sites?  Dang!

Also, someone at my poker table last week got sucker punched.  The floorman put the assailant in a legit Camel Clutch.  The floorman had the guy's back cranked back, by his throat, like the letter C.  The guy's tongue was hanging out of his mouth like he was dreaming about a fat, juicy burger.  It was madness!

Last edited:
Had to buy Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on bluray after Ryback mentioned it in the Christmas movie thread. Watched it last night. Michelle Monaghan is hella fine in this movie  :drool: . Best part of the movie other than Michelle was the shower scene which gave me a big laugh since it's been a while since I've seen this movie and I forgot about it.

I redeemed my digital copy movies. Only had to sign up for five websites! The movies looks good but I'd most likely stick to using the disc instead of streaming.

Morning, OTT.

___

I don't know any of those people. I really dont listen to a lot of Podcasts. CAGCast (Obviously) and Kevin Smith...those are two of the ones I've listened to most recently.

___

6 Degrees when I left my house tis morning...Its warming up to 18, but the wind chill will be a factor. It's pretty cool that the heavy dusting we picked up the other day is still around, because its too cold to melt. Bonus points because I'm a corner house, and it all ends up on my lawn/sidewalks/propety. I <3 Winter!
Damn that's cold. It gets cold here too. Last week I was grilling steaks outside while wearing a hoodie. Must have been around 40 degrees :cold: .

That could definitely be used for evil. What if some Swedish computer whiz were to deploy multiple bots on online poker sites? Dang!

Also, someone at my poker table last week got sucker punched. The floorman put the assailant in a legit Camel Clutch. The floorman had the guy's back cranked back, by his throat, like the letter C. The guy's tongue was hanging out of his mouth like he was dreaming about a fat, juicy burger. It was madness!
Ahahaha. Did they call the cops or just throw him out, onto the sidewalk?

Mortal Kombat somewhat scurred me as a child, as I thought the graphics looked 300% realistic.

-

The floorman and three or four players threw him out in the parking lot.  lol  The cops didn't come, which is pretty shady, and I'm hoping that the sucker puncher is banned 4-life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back