OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet Jesus between the Gators on Saturday and the Eagles on Monday this past weekend(+) has been ridiculously stressful but it worked out in the end.

Here's hoping the Eagles can keep it up... as for UF, if we don't get totally humiliated on Saturday I'll be satisfied.

The first time I watched Godzilla at the theaters I though it sucked. But now realizing, it's simply a super expensive remake of the original style boring Godzilla movies and watching it with that in mind it was more enjoyable.

Had a hard time finding a TV series at best buy for the Godzilla movie deal. Nothing really worth owning. Ending up with season 4 of Workaholics.

Last edited by a moderator:
My new roommate got taken away by the police today while I was at class.  I guess either Baker Act or the one for substance abuse.  He seemed pretty normal to me.

Yeah, a little bit.  My best guess is something involving suicide/mental health.  The guy likes to drink more than he should, but I would imagine you have to really drink to have the cops come take you away.  I'm not sure, the apartment hasn't told us anything.  If it's mental health they hold you for three days here in FL, and if it's substance abuse, up to 5 or more.  So I guess I just have to wait and see.  He's from another country/continent, so I assume he's here on a student visa.  That would really fuck his shit up if he got kicked out of school.

I feel out of sorts for some reason. Maybe it's because it's the weekend and I'm bored, I don't know.

I think I'll watch some trailer park boys episodes.

I feel out of sorts for some reason. Maybe it's because it's the weekend and I'm bored, I don't know.

I think I'll watch some trailer park boys episodes.
Even though that show is hella repetitive, it still makes me laugh. Ricky is one of my favorite TV characters ever.

Eric The Actor has passed away. I am sad that he has passed away. I will miss Gonzo Shitcock fucking with him, his amazing twitter account, and his homophobia.

Morning, OTT.  Two weeks in a row, Ive scored the most points in Fantasy Football on Sunday...except only Im playing against someone who has 2 guys going tonight and I have a 10 point lead.

This is why don't like Fantasy Football...it makes me angry and ruins my Sunday.

I'm thinking this will be the last year I play fantasy football. Well, I might stick to my old college roommates league that I've been in since 07 but I'm for sure going to quit on the league I set up here, locally with my friends. Being a commish is a thankless job. fuck those guys. Nothing serious but just enough bitching from one or two dudes a season to kill the fun for me.

In great news, we had a party for my dad's birthday on the weekend and my cousin's husband gave us a shitload of beer for the party since he has the hook up. It was a good sized party but not a lot of my parent's friends drink beer. So I got like 130ish beers left over. I need to throw some bbq's or just simply handle a little by little every weekend.

Are you addicted to the competitiveness?
I dont think its that...I just get angry when it's 1st and Goal, and they substitute the 3rd string back in for the guy I have in starting. Or the weeks where I'll play against a team whose players have record setting performances, but only when they're playing against me. Or the weeks where I lead the FFB league in points scored, except for the guy I'm playing against. I guess the term is Snakebit.

Only reason I played was to help a friend round out his league. Worst part is, its a free league... :rofl:

Hahah, you got to relax on a free league. Leave the worrying to the dudes in expensive leagues.

Both of my leagues are $25 so I don't really worry to much about them. I spend more time then I'd like to thinking about setting my lineup and roster spots during the week but on Sundays I worry about real football.

The 49ers atrocious second half play is what's killing my Sundays.

Hahah, you got to relax on a free league. Leave the worrying to the dudes in expensive leagues.

Both of my leagues are $25 so I don't really worry to much about them. I spend more time then I'd like to thinking about setting my lineup and roster spots during the week but on Sundays I worry about real football.

The 49ers atrocious second half play is what's killing my Sundays.
Yeah, something like being outscored 3 - 53 in second halves thru 3 games...on the opposite token, the Eagles are awful in the first half, and great in the second half. Should make for an interesting match-up on Sunday.

Can you make a lot of money on fantasy football?
I guess you can. My buddy was in a $1,000 entry, 10 team league last year and finished 3rd. He got his entry fee back, and the winner got $7K. I'd lose my sh*t if I had that much riding on it.

Yeah you can play in big money leagues but if you did want to make some cash playing fantasy football you most likely would get into the one week leagues.

A $1k league is crazy.

---

If the Niners can get the running game going it will be an interesting game. Complete opposite playing styles and I think Haurbaugh and Kelly are 1 and 1 in college play.

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has its own thread.

Yet Gotham gets nothing??

119670_512x288_generated.jpg

Minecraft being purchased for $2.5 billion or whatever was kind of a shocker.  But reading articles about its popularity just makes me feel old.

Somewhat (not at all) related, Smash Bros for the 3DS is the first game I've been really looking forward to in a good while.  I can't help but feel like I'm totally out of touch with console games.  Even though I suck even at the demo, portable smash has been on mine, and I think everyone's, wish list for forever.

Really the only game I play that much any more is Hearthstone.  I've been meaning to get back into Diablo 3 with the new adventure mode, but I have a nice 4 hours per week in an office by myself that houses other people and is ridiculously silent, which makes it really awkward to play Diablo with so much clicking.  Hearthstone is much quieter.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPvCGTF2EyY

Somewhere in the last ten years, the DS became old and ugly. :c

I can't get over how old the DS commercials look...

Yo, #83, my local professional football team beat your local professional football team. :D/
I'm pretty sure you're from the Philly area

---

The DS was great. I remember importing the graphite black from playasia back when it first came out. I need to get a working DS so I can finish up the Phoenix Wright series.

I saw wombat's character while playing Destiny. He's lucky it was at the tower or else I would have punched him with my titan.

The DS is what introduced me to importing games, since it was region free and the rhythm games were easy to play without any Japanese knowledge.  Ouendan really was the best.  It was also the system that introduced me to home console piracy. :lol:

Yo, #83, my local professional football team beat your local professional football team. :D/

---

The DS was great. I remember importing the graphite black from playasia back when it first came out. I need to get a working DS so I can finish up the Phoenix Wright series.

I saw wombat's character while playing Destiny. He's lucky it was at the tower or else I would have punched him with my titan.
Yeah...what a terrible game. The Eagles werent even on the 49ers side of the field until the 4th quarter, Im even surprised they still had a chance to win. And that time of possession was ridiculous.

I'm gonna pick up smash on the 3ds at TRU tomorrow because I have a $15 giftcard. I probably wouldn't buy it if I didn't have the gift card. I'd like to get fantasy life too.

---

Wombat had a character in a vidya ghaime?

I'm pretty sure Wombat played Jay Sherman in The Critic.

Last edited:
Yeah...what a terrible game. The Eagles werent even on the 49ers side of the field until the 4th quarter, Im even surprised they still had a chance to win. And that time of possession was ridiculous.
As someone who hated Chip Kellys style since his Oregon days I loved it.

Wombat had a character in a vidya ghaime?
My bad, I ment him, his guardian. I saw him in the tower lobby.

I played in my first Texas Hold Em tournament the other night.  It was at a local charity poker room.

Pretty fun.

I won a couple large pots and cracked a guy's KK with AJ.

I didn't get a cash finish, but I lasted two hours and double up twice while I was short-stacked.

Haha.  No sunglasses. 8-(

I was actually very nervous but was remaining stoic throughout.  I even smirked at an old man after me when he was thinking about calling my all-in shove.

How come every time I look at the main page, I see Wombat bitch-tweeting at various corporations and restaurants like he's somebody's fat mom?

Last edited:
Well, I've played casually throughout my life but never for money or even in person.

I've been taking it very seriously over the past 3 months, with studying and practice.

I took the plunge playing it live at a local charity poker room, entering a ~30 man tournament.  $35 for 20,000 in chips.

I lasted around 2 hours.  The blinds started out at 100/200 and I lasted til they were 800/1600.  I believe 9 or 10 people were eliminated before me.  I know 4 were eliminated before me at my table.

Fun experience! :whee:

I'm gonna try for it weekly starting next week, I think.

How 'bout you, munch?

Last edited:
Or anyone else?  Anyone have any live poker experiences?

Nothing memorable happened at mine. :'(

Is that really gaystone? The lack of red hair is throwing me off. He looks like he could be the retarded brother of Kane/ The Undertaker. You know, that slow one that doesn't get talked about. 

And I know he told me why it ended, but I wish there was still an ongoing Internet Radio Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back