OTT Down the Toilet: What Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping to get some overtime by working 6 days this week. But since, I take vacation next week it doesn't count.  It will just be one less vacation day I have to use.

fuck that. I wanted the extra cash.  It's easy to get carried away on Christmas not with all the big $50-$100 purchases, but all these little "Oh, it's only $10, let's just get it."

Was hoping to get some overtime by working 6 days this week. But since, I take vacation next week it doesn't count. It will just be one less vacation day I have to use.

fuck that. I wanted the extra cash. It's easy to get carried away on Christmas not with all the big $50-$100 purchases, but all these little "Oh, it's only $10, let's just get it."
Agree 100% with you, which is why this christmas is going to be rubbish for me. Start my new job in Feb so living very conservatively, financially speaking.

tumblr_ltadlg6NTQ1qzgfaio1_400.jpg

eldergamer said:
Was hoping to get some overtime by working 6 days this week. But since, I take vacation next week it doesn't count. It will just be one less vacation day I have to use.
fuck that. I wanted the extra cash. It's easy to get carried away on Christmas not with all the big $50-$100 purchases, but all these little "Oh, it's only $10, let's just get it."
This past year my work switched from the mindset of, "You worked overtime, you earned it, you get paid for the time you worked. It's absolutely ridiculous to think otherwise," to the mindset of, "Any overtime you work has to immediately be recovered in this pay cycle, or it goes into your comp time bank to be recovered later. If your comp time bank is too full we will decide a day for you to take off to burn those hours. If you don't keep on top of your comp time bank and you accidentally go over the maximum 40 hours, you will be written up."

^hah, my work decided this year to make it so that if you have any overtime at the end of the week, you are assessed a point and 10 points is termination.    You also get a point if you dont give 48 hours or more notice of time off.

GamerDude316 said:
^hah, my work decided this year to make it so that if you have any overtime at the end of the week, you are assessed a point and 10 points is termination. You also get a point if you dont give 48 hours or more notice of time off.
Yeah, we also have minimum staffing requirements as well. So it's like, "Oh, you were forced to stay over two hours last night against your will to get this done? Well, we are at minimum staffing the rest of the week, so you can't have any time off to make that up. Hope you aren't forced to stay over any more this week, otherwise you'll get in more trouble."

Working for other human beings sucks.  Greedy muthafuckas.

Last edited:
Classic. The forest green greed never stops.

Speaking of which, anyone got a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 on the PSTrapple?

Previous years, Slickdeals has helped me find cheap Tag Reader stuff, Thomas Trains, cheap slacks/coats, this year it's been zilch.

Of course we've had  extra 'emergency' type expenses this December so I suppose it's for the best.

Is a 3DS XL worth getting at 125? Target had a lot of Mario and Luigi systems and with the 10% off and 10 dollar coupon I got, it is tempting me.

Been off since Tuesday, and haven't gotten to play anything in the past three days. Too much crap to do around the house. Finally getting some down time. Still have a ton to do, but I need to play.

Two days before Christmas and my phone gets thrown, dropped and the screen cracks. 

Unfortunately, I was too much of a cheapskate to pay for the insurance or protection plan (What for, the phone was nearly free with contract!)

And since I'm already on a contract I can't get a new phone at the subsidized price. It's either add another line at $30 a month, pay $400 for a new phone, or the $350 contract penalty. Bad choices all around.

eldergamer said:
Two days before Christmas and my phone gets thrown, dropped and the screen cracks.
Unfortunately, I was too much of a cheapskate to pay for the insurance or protection plan (What for, the phone was nearly free with contract!)

And since I'm already on a contract I can't get a new phone at the subsidized price. It's either add another line at $30 a month, pay $400 for a new phone, or the $350 contract penalty. Bad choices all around.
Don't have any old phones laying in a dresser drawer somewhere?

PlumeNoir said:
This OTT is going on two months old?

Hmmm. Remember when we'd float an OTT within a day? Good times...
I remember we went through 3 in one day.

you guys were talking about getting a maximum of 40 hours a week earlier. this is largely due to the Fair Labor Standards Act which requires your employer to pay you time and a half if you go over 40 hours in 1 week. write/e-mail your congressmen and tell him/her to get that shit REPEALED so you can actually earn a livable income.

i work at wal-mart and they only let us have 40 hours a week. complete fuck up by the government right there.

Don't have any old phones laying in a dresser drawer somewhere?

I remember we went through 3 in one day.
I do have an old phone. But it's not the same. I want my new phone. I've gotten addicted to my apps. My Springfield in Tapped Out!

My Tiny Death Star! Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Of course, the realization that I may have lost the save data for all those is a soul-crushing fact I'm trying to ignore.

If you have a provider that uses Sim cards and you don't care about LTE the windows 520/521 is a pretty decent phone that can be had for less than 70. It was 50 a couple of days ago.

you guys were talking about getting a maximum of 40 hours a week earlier. this is largely due to the Fair Labor Standards Act which requires your employer to pay you time and a half if you go over 40 hours in 1 week. write/e-mail your congressmen and tell him/her to get that shit REPEALED so you can actually earn a livable income.

i work at wal-mart and they only let us have 40 hours a week. complete fuck up by the government right there.
Keep the political crap out of here.

If you have a provider that uses Sim cards and you don't care about LTE the windows 520/521 is a pretty decent phone that can be had for less than 70. It was 50 a couple of days ago.
Really needs to be an Android phone. I've got 19,000 songs stored in Google Music. I'm still under contract to Sprint, too.

I did find someone in town to repalce the broken glass for about $90. Might take a week what with the holiday shipping though. Cheaper than buying a new phone outright, and I won't loose all my save data either.

Girlfriend bought me the Breaking Bad complete series *____* it is the nicest packaging ever.  Can't wait to get into the special features, too bad I didn't bring my PS3 or PC home to watch blus ;-;

Also some of those delicious Kinder hippos from World Market and one of those Lego Architecture sets, which I thought looked pretty cool.

Merry Christmas.

I've got a nasty cough that snuck up on me and buttraped the shit out of my chest. I woke up in so much pain this morning from coughing all night in my sleep.

I like this trend I'm seeing where two of the digital copies that came with some of my blu-rays let me get it on Amazon Instant Video isn't of the BS Apple/Microsoft options.

FriskyTanuki said:
I like this trend I'm seeing where two of the digital copies that came with some of my blu-rays let me get it on Amazon Instant Video isn't of the BS Apple/Microsoft options.
I got a couple of blu-rays, and noticed for the first time that the digital copies apparently expire. I was just going to keep them until I needed them, but after going through some of my old blu-rays, some of them are expired. I haven't tried to use them just to see if they still work or not.

Do you have to download the digital copy, or just subscribe to a certain website and it streams from that site when you want to watch it, or how does the whole digital copy thing work?

I just logged my backlogged games on a spreadsheet. I have bought and not completed 124 games.
I probably have that in sealed PS2 and OG Xbox games alone.

___

Number84 was in a Football Tournament in Richmond, VA last weekend. He had fun, and it was nice to see that he can hold is own against kids almost 1.5X his size from different cities on the East Coast. His team made it to the Quarter Finals, but lost to some questionable calls by the refs to the hometown VA team. Richmond is a nice area too.

___

Happy Holidays to ya'll!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a couple of blu-rays, and noticed for the first time that the digital copies apparently expire. I was just going to keep them until I needed them, but after going through some of my old blu-rays, some of them are expired. I haven't tried to use them just to see if they still work or not.

Do you have to download the digital copy, or just subscribe to a certain website and it streams from that site when you want to watch it, or how does the whole digital copy thing work?
I used my Harry Potter ones recently and they expired years ago. The codes still worked with iTunes (I think I had to log onto a site first to get an iTunes code) and that is a download.

Number83 said:
I used my Harry Potter ones recently and they expired years ago. The codes still worked with iTunes (I think I had to log onto a site first to get an iTunes code) and that is a download.
Cool, thanks.

Went and saw the Zoolights, was nice. Although walking with one kid who just walks without looking at anything, and one who stops to read every sign and won't leave to go see the next exhibit is exhausting.

Brought a Christmas card with a little bit of cash in it to the overnight 7-11 guy near my parents' place on Christmas Eve, I see him often when I'm home and we usually talk a bit.  Saw him for the first time since then tonight and he told me it made his otherwise unenjoyable night much brighter.  Holiday cheer c':

Got an Xbox One with Ryse and Dead Rising 3 for about $500 out of pocket, so that was a nice pick-up. Almost thought I had a bad HDMI port or cable until I realized that I had it plugged into the HDMI In port, not HDMI Out.

Got an Xbox One with Ryse and Dead Rising 3 for about $500 out of pocket, so that was a nice pick-up. Almost thought I had a bad HDMI port or cable until I realized that I had it plugged into the HDMI In port, not HDMI Out.
I did the same thing and it scared me pretty bad.

I got Dead Rising yesterday and stayed up until 2 am playing. I like it a lot more than the first two games.

[quote name="MusicNoteLess" post="11395296" timestamp="1388269267"]Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. :cool:[/quote]
Man.
That phrase makes me want to listen to Michael Bolton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back