$$$$$$ tennis manga

Dislikes:
Music
Women
Gears of War
Mass Effect
Fun[/QUOTE]

Salim?

Hey guys, i need some advice on a moderately priced receiver. Something in the range of $200-$300. Needs at least 5.1, HDMI capability would be nice since I'll hopefully have an HDTV in the near future. Optical/coaxial audio in would be good too.

Buy an Onkyo 605 off eBay. Should be easy to find a good new/refurbished unit and it should come out to well below $300 after cashback(I'm guessing sub-$200.) Great receiver, does all the HD codecs and audio over HDMI, which is kinda hard to find in cheap receivers.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Save your money and get an Onkyo 606.[/quote]
I was just looking at this one actually.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR60...1?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1223868829&sr=1-1

These are actually gift ideas for my aunt. She found out my old one died and she's insisting on getting me a new one for Christmas. She'd rather keep it to amazon or other places she deals with.

I'm trying to keep it reasonably priced, though she told me not to worry about it.

Definitely get a 606 then, no question. I recommended a 605 because it's significantly cheaper as it's last year's model. From 605 ---> 606 they mainly just added two HDMI ports and improved the internal video scaler.

The remote looks pretty decent, it'd be nice to not have 3 different remotes for my TV, DVD player, and receiver. I hope my speakers still work, my receiver got killed by an electrical surge, hope it didn't fry the speakers too.

[quote name='JolietJake']I do see that i'd need to get some plugs for my speakers, they're bare wire.[/quote]
You wouldn't need to. Bare wire is always acceptable.

Oh my god... The Happening was horrible. The acting in it was actually laughable to the point where you would think you were watching a B movie. I knew the reviews said it was pretty bad but I didn't realize how bad. I just wasted 2 hours of my life :(

Oh, you mean the tips of your speaker cable are just bare wire? Yeah, that's how mine are and it worked fine, although I would recommend buying some cheap banana plugs off monoprice because it was a royal bitch plugging in 14 bare wire ends into it.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Oh, you mean the tips of your speaker cable are just bare wire? Yeah, that's how mine are and it worked fine, although I would recommend buying some cheap banana plugs off monoprice because it was a royal bitch plugging in 14 bare wire ends into it.[/quote]
I wasn't aware that bare wires would work, looks like plugs on the back of the receiver. I'd probably do ti anyway for convenience sake.

Mojimbo Fun Fact: If you mail him 6 2x4's, a twin bed frame, a lawn mower engine and a stick with small balled up bunch of masking tape on the end he'll kick you back the sweetest go-kart you ever laid eyes on.

Thanks again Mojimbo. Would do business with again. A+++

CNET says that the Sony STR-DG820 is a pretty good reciever as well. Runs about 210 after cash back on eBay. I wish I had the funds for that and some speakers, but I guess I will have to wait (I can afford a recviever, but not a reciever and speakers).

So George Lucas totally ripped off star trek and the borg for Indy 4. Hive mind, check. Stronger together than apart, check.

[quote name='Mojimbo']He hits 30,000 posts and quits CAG.

Keep it up, Salim. :applause:[/quote]
You mean when he hits 30,000 posts and creates a new account.

Moxio, heads up, we're gonna know who it is when Milas starts posting. We still won't care, but we'll know who it is.

You aren't fooling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back