Ouendan 2 for $29.99 shipped (US), Usually ships within 1 - 2 days

[quote name='Rocko']All those who pass on such a deal deserve to be beheaded.[/quote]

QFT

Stayed up until 4 this morning playing it actually. :D

Is either game better than the other? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy the original or just go for the sequel since it's on sale right now.

[quote name='Archon29']Is either game better than the other? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy the original or just go for the sequel since it's on sale right now.[/quote]

2 has more songs (although arguably less catchy) and more skipping options.

Go with 2 since it's on sale. :cool:

[quote name='Archon29']Is either game better than the other? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy the original or just go for the sequel since it's on sale right now.[/quote]

agreed with briandadude and I rank the soundtracks for the three games from best to worst as follows: ouendan 1, EBA, ouendan 2. I thought ouendan 2's soundtrack was pretty bad compared to how awesome the first one was and disappointed. But the skipping options and minor changes that were made starting with EBA made the game less annoying to play on harder difficulties.

I'd still say get the first one first if you were deciding between the two. The first one is the one that made me fall in love with the series and I believe that its soundtrack had a lot to do with it.

[quote name='briandadude']2 has more songs (although arguably less catchy) and more skipping options.

Go with 2 since it's on sale. :cool:[/QUOTE]

It's obviously YMMV based on preferences, but I find the overall tracklist in O2 better than O1, but they're still both awesome. Additionally, O2 is the better technical game by far in terms of gameplay options, beat patterns and recordable replays. The only caveat is that if you really really love one game and want to try the other one, it's much harder to go backwards back to O1 because you'll miss all of the gameplay advancements. :p

This is an absurdly great deal, since this game almost never goes on sale. Everyone with a DS should consider it! O2 is my favorite in the series, above EBA and O1.

Thank you so much! I just placed my order too. I absolutely love Elite Beat Agents, but I've never tried the Japanese games.

Bye the way, I found a coupon code for new customers only:

ISYA247
Get $5 off any order of $30 or more. Use coupon code ISYA247 (new customers only).

It works as I just used it. $26.99 shipped! :D

Friday 2/15 edit:
Mine shipped out last night.

Tuesday 2/19 edit:
Tracking shows that it's in the next town over. It will be here tomorrow! :bouncy:

Ah, so awesome! Thanks!

Got it for just about half the one store that carries import games around here has it for.
Heck, $26.99 is less than a lot of DS games.

Just placed an order, much obliged for this deal and the coupon~ Like Daisydog, I've played Elite Beat Agents but never tried out the original Japanese games (though I've always wanted to after listening to Ouendan's soundtrack), so I just couldn't pass this up. :p

I just ordered it as well! $26.99 and itll get here by March 1st! The prices @ Ebay and playasia are around $40...so this is a good deal. The coupon worked. I hope this website is trustworthy.

I have the original Ouendan and I love it! Ive been stuck on the last two songs on uber hard for a long time! Hopefully the female cheerleaders are still in the sequel..hehe.

[quote name='virus86']I hope this website is trustworthy.[/quote]

You can trust YesAsia.

They are located in the US if I remember correctly and are right behind PlayAsia when I'm looking to import. I have gotten a couple games from YesAsia before and all went swimmingly.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, YesAsia is located in California.[/quote]

They ship from China tho.

I have ordered A Lot from yesasia, Great site.
I Mostly order Japanese CDs and DVDs tho.
Its about 1-2 weeks for the free delivery after it ships, but mostly i get them in a week.

[quote name='supraazn']They ship from China tho.

I have ordered A Lot from yesasia, Great site.
I Mostly order Japanese CDs and DVDs tho.
Its about 1-2 weeks for the free delivery after it ships, but mostly i get them in a week.[/quote]

If the product is OOS, yeah, it comes from there, but still goes through California, which is why it takes longer to ship. They do have products in stock in California, though. If they didn't, there'd be no point in shipping from California.

[quote name='ToddManG']great deal OP! I loved the first one and EBA so I had to grab one at this price. that extra $5 coupon sealed it.[/quote]

Same here, thanks!

From my experience, if it says 1-2 days it usually ships from CA but if it gives a longer timeframe it comes from China. That's what happened to me when I ordered Jump Ultimate Stars back in September; took a solid 2 weeks to get here.

Now that the price is $29.99, the $5 off coupon doesn't work by itself. However, you can fill your cart to just over $30 and then use the $5 coupon. (Coupon code: ISYA247)

I bought some green bead for $0.34 ( http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-c/section-handicraft/pid-1004479786/ ), which let me use the $5 off coupon for a grand total of $25.33 shipped.

Not bad for Ouendan 2, eh?

Now hopefully there will be a similar sale sometime soon on the first Ouendan game! :bouncy:

Cool suggestion, SirChadly. The problem with those Victorian Beads (any color) is that they ship in 7 days, so it'll slow down the order. I wonder if there's anything cheap that ships expediently...

bread's done
Back