Out Now Borderlands 2

If you guys want to farm Badass rank, here's the best way I've found:

1. You will need 2 controllers, an existing character that has $3 million dollars, at least 1 orange, 1 purple, and 1 blue item.
2. Start a new character as the first controller (important so your main profile gets the badass rank) just for this purpose, get to Claptrap's house (so you don't have to view snowblind opening scene each time you use this). Complete 49 trades with no items (just click trade) and don't do any more.
3. Use the existing character to drop the items above, have new character pick them up and then drop them. Have existing character pick them back up, start - quit - continue.
4. Repeat step 3 until the purple/blue/orange loot challenges are all at n-1/n (one short of completion) for challenge level 5.
5. Once you have all of that, pause and quit allowing it to save. Back out to the PS3 Save Data function in XMB, and copy the save for the new character (NOT PROFILE) to a USB stick.

--Once you have all that done, you never have to do it again as long as you keep the copy on the USB stick.--

6. Now load your new character as controller 1, have the existing character drop the purple/blue/orange items.
7. Pick them up with the new character and then drop them and pick them back up with the existing character.
8. Trade $3 million from the existing character to the new one, and then trade it back to the existing character.
7. Pause, then quit and allow it to save. Press the PS button, go to PS3 Save Data and copy the new character file from the USB back to the console.

--Now you can repeat steps 6-7 over and over--

Basically what you're doing is this:

The character save holds the challenge data and the profile save holds the badass rank. You're getting the new character to the point that it's about to complete these challenges:

Level 5. Blue weapons - 100 badass rank
Level 5. Orange weapons - 100 badass rank
Level 5. Purple weapons - 100 badass rank
Level 5. Trading - 100 badass rank
Levels 1-5. For the Horde - 166 badass rank total

You complete them in a few seconds, the new badass rank is added to the profile, you exit which saves the profile and then you reload the character save after copying it over from the USB stick and complete them again and again, adding them to the profile rank each time.

I figured this out last night, and went from ~8000 badass rank to over 13,000. Once you get the character set up for this, you can add 566 badass rank any time you wish in only a couple minutes. My stats went from ~5% in each category to 7~8%. Terramorphous was noticeably easier afterwards, but just a little bit. I can only imagine if you spent some more significant time doing this.

If you wanted to take it further, you could you get the green/white weapons up to n-1/n for level five to add an additional 200 badass rank each time. Other challenges are possible as well, opening chests (pause save continue over and over in his house) or you could move on a little further and get the Bullymong one close to completion, but those will obviously take much more time to get set up. It took a while to get setup for what I listed above, so it will take much more time to add those.

Good luck.

[quote name='EstonianBeast']Yeah this is hard, but oh well, ill try, really want that head. I heard you need a party of 4 for it to work, but iv also head people doin it solo. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

the vid i posted has 3 people in it.

so maybe 4 people might raise the chance, but it isnt necessary.

Level 34 Assassin on my first playthrough, just looking for some help with the Hyperion Slaughter Dome, and on the story quest Data Mining, if anyone is free to help, I'd be happy to have them do so.

[quote name='CheapGamesFTW']Level 34 Assassin on my first playthrough, just looking for some help with the Hyperion Slaughter Dome, and on the story quest Data Mining, if anyone is free to help, I'd be happy to have them do so.[/QUOTE]

I'd help you when I'm on just message me on PSN

[quote name='nbballard']Other than Finks - where is the 3rd? You aren't talking about the Gamestop DLC, are you?[/QUOTE]

yes, the gamestop creature dlc.

finks, hyperion, creature

[quote name='jmbreci']posted about 30 minutes ago, enjoy:
KJCBT-3WCZT-FH3CT-S3CBJ-W3FT6[/QUOTE]

bah, expired.

[quote name='jmbreci']posted about 30 minutes ago, enjoy:
KJCBT-3WCZT-FH3CT-S3CBJ-W3FT6[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I keep missing these new code drops. I have 3 keys but I could had like 6 right now. :cry:

Anyone wanna help me with ore chasem I'm having the hardest time beating round 5 by myself. Psn name same as cag. Thanks in advance

Yeah. Ore Chasm. Definitely doable with 2 people with 30-35 equips. Doable by 3 at L35 with equal lv equips if all three put out serious amounts of DPS. Would not do it again at 4 unless everyone is dead serious and helpful/communicating. It does drop L35 loot from what I've seen and a crap ton of it.

Hope you had better luck after I passed back out, razrvamp.

me and 3 other dudes finally got verm to spawn. it took 7 ultimates in a row at the beginning of caustic caverns for him to spawn...

then with a sliver of life left on verm, THE GAME DISCONNECTS FROM THE fuckING HOST

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

[quote name='8bitArtist']me and 3 other dudes finally got verm to spawn. it took 7 ultimates in a row at the beginning of caustic caverns for him to spawn...

then with a sliver of life left on verm, THE GAME DISCONNECTS FROM THE fuckING HOST

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the norm of online game. Do you know the host? That might be the problem.

I'll go back to normal now....feeling a need to get online with Hito and Mad.....and Mad drives crazy. Never let him drive no matter how much he says he's had to drink. \\:D/

Ugh....I need to find some time to devote to this....then again it might help if I didn't start 3 different characters.

So remember when we were talking about controllers not working in this game? Yeah that controller just went full retard on me last night. I opened it up(DONT TAKE THIS TASK LIGHTLY) and cleaned it and its still messed up outside of the game now. Anyone trying to get rid of a controller/ know of a deal.

Edit: So someone suggested the obvious and easy answer after I had torn the whole thing apart and failed to put it back together correctly several times. I think it was 4th horseman who had the issue, press the reset button on the back of the controller. Glad I caught this before trading in all my games to get a new one. Although after taking the thing apart and cleaning it, the controller feels so much better.
Even editier: So that worked for only a bit but I found this video of a fix for our exact problem. Let you know if Im successful.
Success! Saved myself from spending $55 on a new controller with about a cents worth of tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gearbox Software will be posting new Shift codes via their twitter.

"Specifically, we'll be posting codes on 10/5 at 6PM and 11PM CT and on 10/6 at 5AM, 11AM and 3PM CT"

New shift golden key code is active for PS3
53WJB-R5CZ3-RS3C3-9TWJT-HZFHR

Edit: Expiring soon

[quote name='langdon_alger']Are these codes JUST for golden keys? Or is there anything else you get with them?[/QUOTE]

only golden keys. Here is the code thread in case you guys didn't know it existed: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329209 ;)

EDIT: I assume all of you are farther than me, but I finally got the NPC to come back after the Sancturary event. I was worried as he hasn't been there for the past 6 missions/12-15 game loads. He used to be somewhere every time I loaded my game.

Ive been trying to get the commando medic mask and so far I have 1 extra assassin and siren head(alien and metroid) but Im sure Ill have more before I finally get the one I need. Let me know if you want them. Id especially like to trade head for head but Ill give it away if you dont have anything.

I appreciate all the help Mad39er has been providing with missions. I miss playing with my CAG brethren since MW2 activity died out. Been playing this game mostly so if you catch me online throw me a message if you want some company as I would rather not just jump into games uninvited.

Anyne still playing this? Ive been having a horribletime with random matches anyone wanna play today? PSN- Hammik

Also I still have 3 siren and assassin heads from geary

[quote name='nakanenui']I appreciate all the help Mad39er has been providing with missions. I miss playing with my CAG brethren since MW2 activity died out. Been playing this game mostly so if you catch me online throw me a message if you want some company as I would rather not just jump into games uninvited.[/QUOTE]

I been playing with him too. But if you want another cag to play with add me. Im capped now and only doing trophy clean up. I'll be on all day today in about a hour. Psn name same as cag

I'm level 50 Siren with tons of Legendary everything.. looking to share with the right people.. looking for heads and skins..of all characters. If interested pm me and I'll give my gamer tag.. PS3 only

Downloading patch now, Im hoping it doesnt reset my keys but I only have 2 anyway so no big loss.

edit: Still have the keys.

Damn that sucks guys, I haven't downloaded anything yet but if I back up my save and profile data to the cloud will I be able to get back all my, keys, skins, and rank if this happens?

Sorry dyeknom, things just didn't work out for today. I saw you were playing and was planning on shooting you a message after I finished my ep. of Walking Dead. Then I had to DL the update/patch (still have my 4 keys and badass rank!) on my slow-ass Internet. Then, a few minutes after I started playing (right after I sent you the invite) I got a call from my son's school saying he has a 100+ fever...

DAMMIT! All I want are the co-op trophies.

Though I'd like to play with you sometime; you seem to be the closest to my level.

Im liking the mechromancer a bunch more than I thought I would. Im doing the anarchy tree and as soon as I remember to not reload ever, she will be a monster. Ive gotten 30 stacks of anarchy out of a possible 150 and even at 30 I was tearing badasses up from mid to close range. Of course I usually like using a sniper which she cant do with this build, but Im getting over it. Deathtrap is awesome too.

Didn't lose my badass ranks!

Gameplay question: Haw anyone been able to find Mike Mamaril after Sactuary takes off, or does he not spawn anymore?

bread's done
Back