Out NOW Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

I wish they would port the other games to the DS. I find Disgaea a perfect game for the way I like to play the DS (short, relatively self-contained bursts).

That said, hell yes I'm getting this, dood!

I still need to play and beat all of the games, lol. I think I still have Disgaea on PS2, but I don't even remember. I owned both Disgaea and Disgaea 2, but I'm sure were sold.

I do remember seeing my friend put something around 250 hours into Disgaea getting weapons and equipment leveled up and the storyline seemed pretty quirky and interesting, but I never got past 4 hours into it and honestly can't remember anything about it.

I'm sure I'll end up snagging it and adding yet another game into the backlog.

Won't be surprised when alot of the games that have been split between PS1-PS3 start popping up as tri-packs on release of the 3rd or 4th game.

I'm guessing the first printing of the game will be the premium edition so that'll just be $50 which would make the super premium like $60-70 (more likely closer to $70)

[quote name='pob14']I wish they would port the other games to the DS. I find Disgaea a perfect game for the way I like to play the DS (short, relatively self-contained bursts).

That said, hell yes I'm getting this, dood![/QUOTE]

They wont. They learned their lesson from Disgaea 1, although its probably possible on 3ds. Disgaea 1 on DS was a joke because of the DS's limitations compared to PSP. They had to remove the sound, voices, etc just to make it fit and it played like garbage with slowdown.

Pre-order reminder: http://store.nisamerica.com/Home/Disgaea-4-Set-Preorder-Reminder-

unledpo.png

[quote name='bjstucker']still can't believe super premium is 120$ in for regular premium @ 60 though[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm in for the regular premium too. Although, even if the super premium were less, I still wouldn't go for it, I think. I mostly just care about the outer box and artbook.

[quote name='Brian9824']They wont. They learned their lesson from Disgaea 1, although its probably possible on 3ds. Disgaea 1 on DS was a joke because of the DS's limitations compared to PSP. They had to remove the sound, voices, etc just to make it fit and it played like garbage with slowdown.[/QUOTE]
A joke that I have 300+ hours on, by far the most of any game I've ever played . . . and I know, it's just me, but I never play any DS game with the sound on. I know they won't do it, I was just expressing my wish.

Yay, got the Ship4u confirmation. Shipped on the 31st. Hopefully I'll have it shortly before release date. Odd though that the email came at 1:20 am. Snagged the Premium edition from the NISA store.

[quote name='DoReiRei']Did you pre-order? I didn't. Ha i still dont have my copy yet, but looking for anyone who wants to gameshare there pre-order DLC for 1$ each or something.[/QUOTE]

Oh I thought you were talking about a group gameshare for all of the upcoming DLC. No I didn't pre-order, i'm getting my copy tomorrow.

Considering the FA Flonne DLC is going on Ebay for like $40, I doubt you'll get a buck gameshare. Good luck if you do.

I'm in chapter 3, FA Flonne has become one of my favorite characters, she has recently crept past the main character in terms of level.

[quote name='Mad39er']Considering the FA Flonne DLC is going on Ebay for like $40, I doubt you'll get a buck gameshare. Good luck if you do.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I really need to stop using my pre-order DLC. It's gotten to the point where pre-order DLC can almost pay for the price of the game itself, and I have no idea why.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Dammit, I really need to stop using my pre-order DLC. It's gotten to the point where pre-order DLC can almost pay for the price of the game itself, and I have no idea why.[/QUOTE]
With FA Flonne, people are speculating that it won't ever be available to buy through the store since so far it hasn't been released in the Japanese store and it was only available through pre-order in Japan too. I'd be shocked if it didn't become available in the store eventually.

I started playing the other day and it's pretty awesome. I like Valvatorez better than Laharl (I never played 2 or 3).

Is the DLC out for preorders? I don't have internet for my PS3 at the moment.

I just finished my first play through. I can honestly say Fuka needs to be drawn and quartered but other than that, the rest of the cast is awesome. Emizel could have been built up a bit more but they spent so much time beating him down in the early chapters. Archangel Flonne is just a nutcase, I much prefer the original Flonne voice actor but the random Flonne-isms are entertaining.

I just wish they returned to Etna's original voice actress.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Is
nemo
recruitable? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Even though
they do show him as a red Prinny in one of the endings
he's likely to be DLC if anything. So no, not recruitable by any normal available means.

[quote name='nakanenui']Still power leveling D3. Damn pirates still giving me a headache.[/QUOTE]
Broham, D4 is so much better than D3. Good luck with your plat but mechanics wise the switch is just so less frustrating and actually enjoyable. Lose out on some classes to gain overall improvements like the Bonus Gauge being completely fillable with a 13 hit combo(as long as it kills) and not having to lug a Gunner around just to boost the Bonus gauge. I hope you finish that soon so you can move on.

Mad, yeah I kinda shelved D3 and waiting for D4 to go on sale. I wanted to attempt killing Baal in LOC but still have a ways to go in power leveling.

Guess I can wait to play D4 since saving up time and money for "you know what game".

bread's done
Back