OutBreak On PS3

[quote name='Vanigan']Install the PS2 update. Then fire up outbreak and install that.[/quote]

ok so i installed the ps2 system data
i fired up thet game
but in the main menu i dont see install HDD

Then we can't help you. Just read the manual and see exactly how you're supposed to install outbreak. It's probably hidden in a menu somewhere.

Also make sure you rebooted your PS3 after the update.

I do believe capcom stopped the online play for outbreak. You might want to check on that if you plan on playing for the multiplayer.

Online for the sequel, File 2 or something similar, was killed. But the original online is still up so I hear.

Not sure which games are still online though. FF11 is I'm sure, I know Killzone 1 is still up too, amazingly.

[quote name='Vanigan']Online for the sequel, File 2 or something similar, was killed. But the original online is still up so I hear.

Not sure which games are still online though. FF11 is I'm sure, I know Killzone 1 is still up too, amazingly.[/QUOTE]
Killzone still has a pretty large commuity last I checked so no surprise that its still online. There are many games with no one online that are still up (Syphon Filter for example).

Alternatively, anyone want to play some outbreak? Preferably people with PS3's or HDD's for their PS2.

Hey I'll pick up Outbreak if people are into playing it.
I've actually never experienced it.

Oh, and Never, Outbreak 2 did super poor, it was killed a long time ago.
But doesn't it have some offline stuff?

[quote name='dallow']Hey I'll pick up Outbreak if people are into playing it.
I've actually never experienced it.

Oh, and Never, Outbreak 2 did super poor, it was killed a long time ago.
But doesn't it have some offline stuff?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the offline game is the same as online except the characters are controlled by the computer instead of real people.

Keep in mind this game has no voice chat so we'd have to have a chat open or something so we could communicate.

Unfortunately my TV is also my computer monitor.

You'll have to gesture wildly that I'm running the wrong way or shooting at a mop. ;)

[quote name='dallow']Unfortunately my TV is also my computer monitor.

You'll have to gesture wildly that I'm running the wrong way or shooting at a mop. ;)[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't be too bad, I've played with just the in game commands before and it was ok.

LMK if you get it and we can play.

Well, guess I could try and hunt down PT1 again. Scenario 1 from the Original Outbreak is still fresh in my mind as an ultra-fun experience. Didn't really care for the other 4 levels though.

straight from sony's ps3 compatibility page

Resident Evil: Outbreak
Publisher: CapcomProduct No: SLUS-20765
Description: The title is unable to perform intended HDD functionality.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

hdd compatibility only works with VERY few games, like ffxi...
i don't think anything from capcom with the hdd install option works.... i know sf anthology doesn't :(

I'm really confused now as I know people have said they have installed it.
At the very least, I know people use their PS3 to play online.

I'll probably pick up the game by Friday, it's cheap at GS.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Why kill online for file 2, yet keep the original game going?[/quote]
Because the original game is coming out on Resident Evil Essentials.

So can it be played on PS3 or not?
I have both games, but I thought online play was dead, till I started seeing these boxed sets that sell the game and it still says "Play Online" on the box.
I've kept it with my RE collection, but I wouldn't mind playing it again if it works on my PS3.

bread's done
Back