OUTRUN 2 Xbox only $19.99 at Wal-mart YMMV???

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at Wallyworld today and noticed Outrun 2 xbox for only $20. It was not on clearence or anything but tagged at that price. It was $40 last week.

The game is $40 online this may seem lilke an instore deal only or YMMV. Scan the game to see if it is $20.

Thats two people who have said this.When I go to work tonight Ill check and post tomorrow.

Wouldnt suprise me if they did.Sales have been really slow for Christmas and if you have noticed they dropped the prices on a LOT of stuff.

I just picked it up at Wal Mart for 19.99 today. This was also posted at the GameFAQs board and many people said they picked up for that price. I think this deal is available at all Wal Marts.

[quote name='Raider']It's at my Wal-Mart too, that along with Kingdom Underfire and Blinx 2 both $20 dollars.[/quote]

:?: Can anybody confirm that?

Blinx 2 for $20? That must be a YMMV. I might be able to check tomorrow. Wal Mart has been known to have a lot of YMMV deals. One time I saw Crimson Skies a few weeks after it came out for $10. This was only at one Wal Mart. The Outrun 2 deal however does not appear to be YMMV.

[quote name='Raider']It's at my Wal-Mart too, that along with Kingdom Underfire and Blinx 2 both $20 dollars.[/quote]

I saw Outrun 2 and KUF for 19.99 each as well, didn't see Blinx 2 though
(Gainesville, FLA)

I might have to bite on the $20 price for Outrun 2. Can do without KUF and Blinx 2. Will have to check this out. Thanks OP

I didn't see any of these at Wal-Mart a few nights ago. I won't be able to make it out there until Monday...

I think I'll make a trip out to one tomorrow. Hopefully they're marked, because my Wal-Mart's Electronics section is really shitty. I'd pick up KUF for 20 bucks.

KUF is a very under-rated game. I love it and I paid full price. Guess Wally is trying to make up for Black Friday.

O2 is pretty much a souped up fully 3 version of the 20 year old arcade game. Basically if like arcade racing games wich tons of powersliding (and I mean tons) than Outrun is for you. If you expecting a deep racer with tons of cars and tuning options then you will hate the game.

since Outrun was one of the first games to really hook me in the arcade, I love the game and play it every few days.

I can confirm that this IS NOT YMMV!

This was a company wide price change for all 3 games:

Outrun 2
Blinx 2
KUF:TC

All for $19.82! :shock:

Just a side note....for some odd reason we recieved a ShaqFu load of Sonic Mega Collection for GCN. :wink:

[quote name='Josef']I already have KUF, and Outrun 2 is a no-brainer at $20, but what about Blinx 2? Is it worth the $20?[/quote]

Look at it this way....if this is not an industry wide price drop,get it and play it.If you dont like it you will get more or at least equal in trade in credit pretty much anywhere.

Win win situation.

Yeah I already posted this in my KOTOR2 thread, where my Wal-Mart is still carrying KOTOR2 for $42.16. I'll have to check on Blinx 2 and KUF on what they ring up, but last I checked we only had one copy of each.

Outrun 2 is worth the $19.82

The Wallmart near me has about 30 non GH games for under $15. It is the first time in a long-ass -time I have seen cheap games at WM.

Next time I go I will check and see if they have Outrun 2 cheap. Thanks for the heads up but most Walmart sales are very YMMV.

A walmart here in Springfield, MO also had Outrun 2 for $20. It was even tagged correctly. Seems like there's enough evidence by now that this is nationwide and not YMMV.

damn! gonna try to pick up blinx with me 25 dollar wal-mart GC (love channukah when its early) lol

i wanna find out if there is any other items included on sale!

Had a friend pick up OutRun2 for me at the local walmart today. It was $19.99 and even labeled with that price in-store. Awesome game. I read somewhere that you can unlock the daytona USA tracks in this game, is that true? How?

[quote name='DX']Just a side note....for some odd reason we recieved a ShaqFu load of Sonic Mega Collection for GCN. :wink:[/quote]

Was that some kind of tip off? I wouldn't mind picking up Sonic Mega Collection if it were cheap enough, say, $9.99. Are they gearing up for some kind of outrageous deal?

Looks like it will be going back to GameFLY.

I've had the game for a couple of weeks and even the "KEEP IT" price (used) is not as good a deal as this.

I went to a Walmart yesterday and the shelf sticker said $39.xx; went to a different one today and the sticker was $19.82. So it still seems YMMV unless stores are just slow changing the stickers.

When I checked one of the crappy Wal-Mart's by me today, they still had it priced at $39.99, and they did not have Blinx 2 and KUF.

It has to be YMMV because my Wal-Mart did not mark down Capcom Fighting Evolution, like I was hearing.

This is not a YMMV, it seems to be happening everywhere. Ask your lazy ass electronics associate to price inquiry infront of your face. Unlike the other lazy ones, I go out of my way to check on prices. I picked up KUF, Outrun 2 and Blinx ALL for $19.82, and other Wal-Marts in CT have them for the same price.

Edit: Although CFE might be, It's still ringing up $30 here. BTW Wal-Mart DOES NOT match their own website (normally) so CFE is probably YMMV.

Just wanted the OP to know that this thread did me some good at my Walmart, where I picked up Outrun 2 for $19.82. Thanks!

[quote name='DX']Just a side note....for some odd reason we recieved a ShaqFu load of Sonic Mega Collection for GCN. :wink:[/quote]

har har... you actually wrote "shaqfu"

[quote name='Scorch']KUF, Blinx 2 and Outrun 2 weren't even on the shelf at my local Wal-Mart.. I wanted Blinx 2 for $19.99 :([/quote]

Yeah my local swap meet didn't have any of these.

Part of the reason I got OutRun2 was because of the supposed inclusion of locked versions of Daytona USA and the original OutRun. IGN was the only site to mention this in their review. Can someone confirm that these are unlockables in the retail version of OutRun2? Thanks.

The Daytona USA 2 courses are all strung together as one "bonus" course. So it's not quite the same as having Daytona USA as an extra game, but the courses are fun and OutRun is in the game in its entirty. Personally, this game is a steal for $20. Tons of arcade racing fun.

At the Athens, Ohio WallyWorld, Outrun2 was $19.88, and it didn't have a little "sale" tag on it. All Madden 2005s were $19.99 as well.

bread's done
Back