OVER 7 FEET! InFocus IN72 plus FREE 92" Screen $599

I've been tempted to buy a projector forever, but I don't know anybody who has one and uses it a lot. The 3000 hour lamp life bothers me so that means what every 1-2 years you got to drop 300-400 on a replacement lamp? Anyone have a projector and want to attest to their greatness as far as resolution/pic quality/ and lamp lilfe? I'd love to hear that they hold up a lot longer then 3k hours and look everybit as good as an LCD HDTV.

I bought an Optoma HD70. I have to say its the best budget HD projector available. Projectors look great, when you have appropriate lighting conditions. Stick to the low end but well review and just buy a new model when your bulb burns out, or give it to a friend cheaply.

I had a projector for a few years. It gets sort of annoying when the picture gradually gets darker then the bulb pops and you have to spend an extra 300 or so bucks. It wasn't terrible, but I won't buy one again.

Yeah the lamp is rated at 3000 hours. It sucks when you have to buy a new one (they are like 300 or 400 bucks), but even if you just threw your projector away after the original lamp died, that is still only $.20 per hour. Pretty cheap for a kick ass gaming setup...

[quote name='NoRain']I've been tempted to buy a projector forever, but I don't know anybody who has one and uses it a lot. The 3000 hour lamp life bothers me so that means what every 1-2 years you got to drop 300-400 on a replacement lamp? Anyone have a projector and want to attest to their greatness as far as resolution/pic quality/ and lamp lilfe? I'd love to hear that they hold up a lot longer then 3k hours and look everybit as good as an LCD HDTV.[/quote]

I have an IN72 that I've used for 2 years. It has 630 hours on it and looks great. You'll need a dark room though.

bread's done
Back