Over Looked Games that Shouldn't be

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
These are the games that you never see reviewed in Magazines, and if they are it's in one of those little review boxes that you skip cause you think it's probably crap since it didn't even get Half a page. They're limited realese, and well... you know the ones.

One of these are Sky Gunner for PS2. Never heard of it but I saw it in an EB for $12. It looked like an intresting Flight Sim/ Shooter kinda like a mix of Star Fox and Ace Combat, so I got it, and loved it. The intro was pretty cool, good music, unlockable characters, and it's very hard. If you never heard of it, and are intrested in these games, check it out.

Aqua Aqua is a fun title for PS2 that can be had for $5 probably. It has a good 2 player mode and it an addictive puzzle game.

Wrath: Unleashed is a new PS2 game but it'll probably drop in price soon because it didn't get much press. It's a 2D strategy game that has a 3D fighting arena when your units fight. It reminded me of the good games for the SNES or Genesis days and it's a lot of fun with the exception of pretty long load times.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']One of these are Sky Gunner for PS2. Never heard of it but I saw it in an EB for $12. It looked like an intresting Flight Sim/ Shooter kinda like a mix of Star Fox and Ace Combat, so I got it, and loved it. The intro was pretty cool, good music, unlockable characters, and it's very hard. If you never heard of it, and are intrested in these games, check it out.[/quote]

i've always wanted to try out skygunner. i like the animation :D

Skygunner was great. What about Culdcept? It got a little blurb in EGM under the games they didn't have time to review section, but has been discussed before on this site. Mojo is a budget title puzzle game, similar to monkey ball or marble madness but with an added element of breaking blocks which require you to change the color of your ball. I think it goes for $10.

Beyond Good and Evil is the closest thing to Zelda ps2 owners can get. Its been crazily overlooked, despite it being an excellent, albeit short game.

Rez - Popula here, but the casual gamer overlooks it
Ka (Mr Mosquito)-This game is damn fun
Mad Maestro - ditto^^
R-Type Final - ditto^^

Most of the Fresh Game label games are great, and are cheap as hell.

[quote name='Eclipse']Beyond Good and Evil is the closest thing to Zelda ps2 owners can get. Its been crazily overlooked, despite it being an excellent, albeit short game.[/quote]

Ditto on BG&E, and also throw in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Ubisoft makes so many great games other than Splinter Cell Series, but no one seems to buy or notice them. Don't let gems like these go to waste.

Without a doubt Shadow Hearts for PS2 should be on this list.

I picked up this little gem for about 4 dollars from a bargain bin about a year ago, and it is easily one of my favorite RPG's for the system.

Sure, the graphics are a little rough, but storyline and gameplay go a long way. . .

http://tinyurl.com/3ctgn

I agree....It was worth its cheapness... Some of the system gimmicks were a bit bizzare though (scale system?? pedometer.?) but i had fun playing it. =)

The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne PS1

yes, pretty easy but the presentation is what makes this game much better then it's Mega Man Legends cousins.

Bubble Memories, Bubble Symphony, Parasol Stars, Pop N' Pop, Liquid Kids, New Zealand Story, ....many more

Taito need to put out anthrolgies of games.. next to Nintendo my favorite game company.

[quote name='KingDox']Bangi-o for the DC. so many people have never seen that game. It's fantastic, and some what hard to find.[/quote]

That's another one. Treasure makes some of the coolest games. They really care for Gamplay.

Someone metioned Makken X earlier. I was never into First Person Shooters, they never appeal to me. But Makken X was the only FPS I beat. I love the charcters desgin. It's got that twisted Persona feel, but only in FPS form.

[quote name='punqsux']poy poy and blast chamber. theyre both old first gen ps1 party games and both went under the radar.[/quote]

Was Poy Poy ever released here in US? I only know about it because my cousin gave me a bootleg copy for Christmas one year. One of the best multi games ever in my opinion.

Some other great games were Battle Realms for PC and Trap Gunner for PSX. Both had pretty simple gameplay but were fun as hell to play.

Silent Bomber for PS1 is my nomination. Most people have never heard of it, but it's an awesome 3d overheard action game where you blow everything up. Some of the best graphics on PS1, even better with smoothing on played on a PS2 and great gameplay. Has horribly cheesy dialog and voice acting, but it's amusing anyway. Can usually win for less than $15 on Ebay.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']No One lives forever 2. The game is amazing and it always seems that no one has ever played it.[/quote]

Its worth it just to listen to the female ninjas.

Ninja 1"I'm having troubles with my boy friend, he doesnt come home at night sometimes"
Ninja 2" Ahh, that reminds me of my grandmother. She would poison my grandfather every morning, and promise him the antidote when he comes home at night. They've been together for long time now."

I really love Tomba! for PSX. I don't know if this game was actually ever "popular" but I do remember tons of commercials for it. Really quirky humor, colorful graphics and solid platforming/puzzles.

R.A.D. Robot Alchemic Drive for PS2.

Giant robots destroying cities...very cool.
If they ever made a multiplayer online game, it would be incredible.

Both Tomba games and the first Klonoa are some of the best platformers....well.....EVER.

I'd say they rival anything put out by Nintendo and Sega and I'm a huge fanboy of both of 'em.

[quote name='CheapyD']R.A.D. Robot Alchemic Drive for PS2.

If they ever made a multiplayer online game, it would be incredible.[/quote]

Yes!!! R.A.D. I love the contol for the game. They really made you feel like a massive Robot. Not to many games make you really feel like your in the game, kinda like Jumping Flash, when you jump realay high for the first time you get butterflies in your stomach.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='CaseyRyback']No One lives forever 2. The game is amazing and it always seems that no one has ever played it.[/quote]

Its worth it just to listen to the female ninjas.

Ninja 1"I'm having troubles with my boy friend, he doesnt come home at night sometimes"
Ninja 2" Ahh, that reminds me of my grandmother. She would poison my grandfather every morning, and promise him the antidote when he comes home at night. They've been together for long time now."[/quote]

Yea the dialogue in that game by the ninja's is great, but do not forget the mime's!!!

[quote name='punqsux']poy poy and blast chamber. theyre both old first gen ps1 party games and both went under the radar.[/quote]

Haha, Blast Chamber, I remember that game. It was actually a pretty fun game. It kinda, very slighty, reminds me of a couple of the games on Fuzion Frenzy. But with multiple human players, it was a lot of fun.

Shenme (Dreamcast) and Shenmue II (Euro Dreamcast, Xbox) ... Best games ever made, period. Alot of people seem to think it's "boring" but that's what I thought at first, too. Keep on playing, and you'll fall in love. :shock: Not that much action, but when there is, it's good. ;)

Very much a story/character driven game with OUTSTANDING music! It seems the closest thing you can get to oldschool gaming, but with modern features.

[quote name='CheapyD']R.A.D. Robot Alchemic Drive for PS2.

If they ever made a multiplayer online game, it would be incredible.[/QUOTE]

OMG rad is amazing, anyone who does have it should without a doubt purchase it asap.

[quote name='Wlogan31']I'm still sticking with Quest 64!!!!
(Can you tell I used to be a Nintendo Fanboy?):lol:[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a good game as well, nobody like it but I really enjoyed it.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I really like Maken X for Dreamcast. I'm pretty sure it had some influence on the idea behind Geist.[/QUOTE]

I bought that game when the Sega just announced that they are stopping production on DC, I was a sad panda that day. However IMO Shenmue should one of the biggest selling games ever. It should be the GTA:SA but the mainstream gamer won't play it. Damn you mainstream.

Spin Jam was a fun little puzzle game, and I really enjoyed Victorious Boxers on the PS2.

Alright, no one laugh at me for this one.... but does anyone remember that kick ass game on N64 called Buck Bumble? that game was crazy sweet, and so was Jet Force Gemini.

I've always had a soft spot for Blast Corps on N64. Picked it up for $20 new and don't regret it for a second. Blowing shit up is fun.

I can think of tons of sweet games from all gens...

Super Nintendo

Biker Mice from Mars was so bad ass my brother and I played it for hours straight. Think Rock n Roll Racing times a billion.

PS1

Crusader No Remorse and Project Overkill were 2 sexy.

Dreamcast

I never hear anyone talk about Fighters Megamix. Man did that game steal a lot of hours from my life and had ass loads of playable chars.

And Shadowman pizzones and the pizza in the world on all platforms.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Mischief Makers on N64 is superb.

Breath of Fire V - Dragon Quarter is also a great game.[/QUOTE]

Mischief Makers was good but it was fucking weird.

bread's done
Back