Overlord (360) $19.99 Amazon.com Free Shipping w/ Prime (dead on Buy.com)

Mysterio

CAGiversary!
Price on Overlord for the 360 dropped today from $39.99 to $19.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Codemasters-O..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1208296897&sr=8-2

EDIT: Still available from Amazon for $19.99 via the Marketplace link, sold new by Amazon. But it's backordered for 2-4 weeks. Thanks to MasterYensid for the heads up!

Now available for $19.99 from Buy.com with 1-2 day availability and free shipping. Thanks to ncibob for the heads up! Back up to $39.99.

http://www.buy.com/prod/overlord/q/loc/108/204335697.html

Yeah I think it's in the process of becoming universal. My Wal-Mart still has them for $40 and that's the store I use as my 'universal' barometer.

[quote name='Puerto Rican HoBo']I think this might be universal as I saw it today @ GS for the same price.[/quote]

It is, but I wanted to draw attention to Amazon's offering for those who prefer no tax and no shipping (with Prime). I'll be returning my Gamestop copy tomorrow in favor of no tax and Amazon's ease of price adjusting.

Just FYI...When I clicked on the link it says the price is $39.99 from Target, so no free shipping either. When I clicked on the marketplace link it displays Amazon as having it for $19.99 + free shipping, but availibility shows 2-4 weeks.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Just FYI...When I clicked on the link it says the price is $39.99 from Target, so no free shipping either. When I clicked on the marketplace link it displays Amazon as having it for $19.99 + free shipping, but availibility shows 2-4 weeks.[/quote]

Looks like it's now OOS from Amazon's stock. Subject updated to reflect this. Hopefully, they'll open up more stock for those who still want it.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Just FYI...When I clicked on the link it says the price is $39.99 from Target, so no free shipping either. When I clicked on the marketplace link it displays Amazon as having it for $19.99 + free shipping, but availibility shows 2-4 weeks.[/quote]

That's the option I picked. I can wait 2-4 weeks for it to ship from Amazon. :cool:

[quote name='ncibob']Buy.com has this now for 19.99 and free shipping.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, guys. Post 1 updated!

Against my better judgment I'm going to pick this up. I don't like needlessly spending money on games with a qaulity backlog in effect.

I picked one up from Buy.com with Google Checkout and free shipping for $9.99. I remember playing Overlord 1 & 2 on the PC way back when. I have a huge backlog of games to get through with more on the way already, but for $10, I couldn't pass this up.

Thanks!

I haven't personally played any of the Overlord games, but a few of my friends love them. One has used it to fill the void left by the end of Dungeon Keeper. :p

[quote name='rpepper']I haven't personally played any of the Overlord games, but a few of my friends love them. One has used it to fill the void left by the end of Dungeon Keeper. :p[/quote]

Ahhh that's what I was thinking of from the PC. It was Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 and not Overlord. Overlord is definately very similar though.

So with GCO it is only $10. Anyone know how many times can you use GCO. I have been signing up new gmail account with different credit cards to get $10 off. But I am running out of Credit Cards. Will they allow you to do it, if you use same card with different email?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']This is tempting...

Didn't this game have crippling bugs though? Did they ever get patched?[/quote]

There was one major crippling bug that would cause you to start your game all over again. There's a wheel in the Brewery level that requires you to collect spokes for it in order for your minions to turn the wheel and open the level exit. If you don't turn it right away and go off and do something else, the spokes will magically disappear and leave you stranded. Since the game autosaves, you're pretty much screwed.

I haven't played it for a long time though, but I'm pretty sure they released a patch to fix it. Besides that one bug, it was a pretty much solid game.

[quote name='Lokki']Ahhh that's what I was thinking of from the PC. It was Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 and not Overlord. Overlord is definately very similar though.[/quote]

Ok...well as you can see I'm not familiar with it. I just assumed there were two like games out. :)

I picked it up this morning on Amazon Marketplace new for 19.99 along with the DS headset 5.97 and Chicken Shoot 10.00 all qualify for free S/H.

[quote name='nate88']my buy.com order was canceled. DARN![/QUOTE]

That's really ridiculous. They have it in stock, they just upped the price. That's not a valid reason to cancel an order.

[quote name='nate88']my buy.com order was canceled. DARN![/quote]

Shame on Buy.com for pulling a bait-and-switch tactic. What's their reason for canceling your order? Did they even give you one? If they didn't and considering it's available for $39.99, I'd raise some hell.

Is a lot of people playing this online still?

Now that it's cheap enough, I'll definitely grab this along with the DLC that was released in Feb.

bread's done
Back