Overstock.com gripes

psychobrawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Anyone who PO'd Fable from overstock have it ship yet? I'm really irritated with this site. It was my first order from them (niavely thinking that the $45 shipped was a good deal). Once I learned of the target rc's, fry's, etc from this site, I tried to cancel. They don't allow cancelations, and they charge you at the time of your order - not when the game is shipped like other sites. To top it off, they'll charge $5 re-stocking fee if you return the game. :x

And now their web site has had Fable changed from pre-order to "usually ships within 1-2 days" for 3 days, and my PO'd copy still has not been mailed out (and when it is, it's media mail and will likely take another week...).

Just wanted to vent and see if other CAG's have had similar gripes. At least I've ruled out Overstock as a source of future orders. Fable will definately be my one and only from them.

My outpost.com PO is still back-ordered, if that makes it any better for you. But I only paid 30.99.

[quote name='Supernothing']My outpost.com PO is still back-ordered, if that makes it any better for you. But I only paid 30.99.[/quote]

At least you have the option of cancelling, and the $15 savings makes the wait kind of worth it if you're not in a hurry. I'm stuck overpaying, without the game, and without the option of cancelling. :evil:

i too ordered from outpost and it's still on backorder. the site it's self says that the game is for pre-order :(

i might end up just canceling it soon

I've got time to wait for my order. I've got lot's of stuff that needs to be done in case I get too addicted to this game.

[quote name='morpheus_49017']Anyone who PO'd Fable from overstock have it ship yet? I'm really irritated with this site. It was my first order from them (niavely thinking that the $45 shipped was a good deal). Once I learned of the target rc's, fry's, etc from this site, I tried to cancel. They don't allow cancelations, and they charge you at the time of your order - not when the game is shipped like other sites. To top it off, they'll charge $5 re-stocking fee if you return the game. :x

And now their web site has had Fable changed from pre-order to "usually ships within 1-2 days" for 3 days, and my PO'd copy still has not been mailed out (and when it is, it's media mail and will likely take another week...).

Just wanted to vent and see if other CAG's have had similar gripes. At least I've ruled out Overstock as a source of future orders. Fable will definately be my one and only from them.[/quote]

According to their customer service site:

Outpost.com accepts credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We will not bill your credit card until we ship your order. Partial orders are billed as each item is shipped.

But instead of they will hold/reserve the amount of your order from your card if you use CC or debit card.

Mine is in Process now. I called them yesterday and they said it will be shipped today, so I am waiting.

Has anyone been able to get on their site to check the status? Mine shipped a few days ago and i wanted to see when to expect it. The last two days i haven't been able to get their site to open.

Yeah site is up and down as of the late. Earlier today i was able to track, but since then the site has been down.

FYI mine shipped on thurs and i have 2 day shipping and it's suppose to arrive on monday [ tomorrow ]. So if you choose yours on 2 day it'll come tomorrow.

Overstock sucks IMO, I had nothing but botched dealings with them on a couple occasions, and now they get none of my business no matter the deal.

I just ordered 2 things from them last monday, both for 2nd day delivery. The first item came on Thursday after they called wednesday wanting my address, again. Both orders were supposedly "attempted" but there were no door hangers on my door notifying me of that. I called Friday to see what the hell was going on and they told me that they got confused about my address, even though FedEx and the USPS has had no problems. I figured that they needed a phone number for cases like this, but I guess they don't take advantage of that luxury.

She told me that they'd try again Saturday or Monday, they came on Monday, but it was 10 minutes after I had to leave for school. They left a door hanger saying they'll try again tomorrow, I'm going to sign it so they leave it at my door and put this whole ordeal behind me. I paid for 2nd day delivery for this to come 8 days later? I need to call them and get my shipping charge refunded.

just spoke with an overstock guy, and they said my item (fable) has been backordered, although my ship date lists the 16th. i became supspicous because i got 2day shipping and hadnt gotten it by saturday or even monday. so apparently once its back in stock, it will be shipped out and i cannot cancel it! ridiculous! so im off to buy it at the store, then ill return the one i get in the mail. im never using overstock.com again and urge others to so the same. :evil:

"Efficient Shipping
We are never back-ordered on any of the products we sell, and most orders ship within two business days. This allows us to deliver your orders quickly to you!"

thats on the about page. im official pissed, anyone else care to rise against overstock.com?

damn, i still haven't got mine yet. it was suppose to come yesterday but it didn't, and it hasn't come today yet neither. it's been in the same city as me for 2 days now {=\

i'm never using DHL shipping ever again

Overstock.com and Outpost.com are two completely different websites. You may want to change the title of the topic to read "Outpost.com gripes."

I just ordered Donkey Konga from Overstock.com, hopefully I get it in a decent time frame.

Josef, I think the OP is talking about Overstock. I was the original one who threw outpost in there in the second thread and from there it got a little mixed up.

My mistake if the OP was indeed referring to Overstock.com. It was a bit confusing since 75% of the replies had to do with Outpost.com.

I do have a few gripes with Overstock.com. The only time I ordered DVD's from them (they were between $1 and $4 each), several of them came with banged up packaging. Granted, they were cheap DVD's so it didn't bother me too much, but it was annoying.

bread's done
Back