Overstock.com - PS3 80GB $452 Shipped - 40GB $363 Shipped

Thanks. I'm going to pick one of these up since I had to ship back the 60 I got via warehouse deals due to a malfunction.

yes and spidey 40 pack.. got in on the 40gb
thanks OP
and yes, theyre reliable.. I actually bought a 360 from them 2 years ago, and it still works!!.. btw this coupon also works for the 360 bundles incase the OP wants to add that to the thread title

60 GB model is better since it has a PS2 HARDWARE chipset INSIDE of it for 100% PS2 game compatibility.

Newer 40 gig and 80 gb have DROPPED PS2 compatibility and/or use software emulation on some games.

Otherwise, the 10% off and almost FREE shipping is a GREAT DEAL.

As for me, PLUM happy I got my 60 gig when I did.. Even though the thing just sits compared to my xbox 360.

At least the PS3 is FINALLY getting SHOCK/RUMBLE back next summer ! BOUT TIME LOL !!!

Xfactor

[quote name='Tirade']Stolen from SD

Overstock.com - 10% off w/code 85721 at check out (Shipping is $2.95)[/quote]

This is the last minute deal I was waiting on... Snagged a 40GB with Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank for $469 shipped. There were only six 40GB PS3s left when I ordered mine about 20 minutes ago. Works out better for me than the Amazon deal with Stranglehold, since I already have and beat that game for 360.

By the way, for anyone tormenting themselves with the decision between the 40GB and 80GB... The advantage of the 80GB are:

- Some PS2 Backwards Compatibility (software based)
- Memory card slots for SD, Flash, etc..
- 2 Extra USB Ports
- 40 Extra GB HD space

However, I chose the 40GB because:

- I have a PS2 to play PS2 games...
- You can use a USB flash drive in place of a memory card for file transferring
- I'm assuming that a USB hub would give me any extra USB ports I may need
- The HD can be upgraded easily with a laptop drive
- The 40GB model is newer and is said to use less power (120W instead of 200W, or so I've read), has a 65nm chip, and runs quieter and cooler. In the end, I want this to run PS3 games well and not burn up like my 360, so this tipped me in favor of the 40GB model.

[quote name='JIGSAWjr']Is overstock reliable. Ive never shopped there?[/quote]

theyre fine, they even have commercials on tv... lol
ive ordered twice with no problems,

Very tempting for the PS3 40gb. I'm glad they sold out, otherwise I might have bought one. :) I keep telling myself to wait for dual shock 3.

[quote name='JIGSAWjr']Is overstock reliable. Ive never shopped there?[/quote]

I bought a 360 from them a year ago.

Took them all 10 days to ship it to me.

The protection plan is garbage. You pay shipping and they only repair your console. You also have to send in EVERYTHING you got with your order (Hard Drive and everything).

DONT BUY FROM OVERSTOCK!!!!

go to Best Buy and get a 2 year replacement plan... no hassles no worries... worth the extra cash...

Good thing I held off on it....it's very rare to see a Console getting a discount from a promo code.

PS3 can wait...

Just applied and got an instant approval for the sony card, hopefully I receive the card within a week and overstock is fine with doing a chargeback and then recharge with the sony so I can get it for $100.00 less. \\:D/

[quote name='Marktg30']I bought a 360 from them a year ago.

Took them all 10 days to ship it to me.

The protection plan is garbage. You pay shipping and they only repair your console. You also have to send in EVERYTHING you got with your order (Hard Drive and everything).

DONT BUY FROM OVERSTOCK!!!!

go to Best Buy and get a 2 year replacement plan... no hassles no worries... worth the extra cash...[/quote]

protection plans are pointless period unless you buy shitty hardware, most warranties on expensive things cover a year now, if something is generally going to go wrong with it, it will happen in less than a year

also even if you buy a shitty put together product like the 360, it before a class action suit happened (im shocked it didnt) offers to fix any RROD's which is the main problem

besides bestbuy is garbage anyways...

[quote name='Tomeeboy']

By the way, for anyone tormenting themselves with the decision between the 40GB and 80GB... The advantage of the 80GB are:
[/quote]
I was stuck on this decision for a while and ended up with a 60GB (but would have got a 80GB over the 40, if they didnt just happen to have an 60 in stock).

My reasoning was additional USB ports are a must in my case because the game I bought for my son to go along with the PS3 is Rockband and the USB ports are a commodity in that game. By the time you buy a USB hub for the 40GB, youve already eaten a few $$ into that $100 price difference. You can upgrade the HD, but again the price of an 80GB HD (or more than likely a 120GB+ if you are going to upgrade), takes a few more $$ off the price. Motorstorm has a value of $20 ($10 if you trade it I guess). So that $100 price difference is almost negated. The reason I choose the 60GB over the 80GB was even though my son has a PS2 for his old games, I can never add complete PS2 compatibility to an 80GB (or any at all to a 40GB) in the event that the PS2 breaks. The $100 price of a PS2 alone covers the cost difference in the 40-80 w/o considering any of the above points.

All in all I dont think you can go wrong though. My son and I rarely play the PS2 so the BC wont ever be an issue, and if you have a USB hub already, the lack of ports wont be an issue.

P.S. Also Im waiting/hoping that because the 20GB were clearanced out recently, that the 60GB will follow. Ive got 90days for WalMart to drop the price and I can do a price adjustment.

Thanks for posting this, OP!

I just ordered myself an 80GB PS3 for $452.90. Fatwallet is offering 4% cashback for Overstock, so my order total in the end will be $434.78! So please register with fatwallet to get another $20 knocked off your order.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']

- Some PS2 Backwards Compatibility (software based)
- Memory card slots for SD, Flash, etc..
- 2 Extra USB Ports
- 40 Extra GB HD space

However, I chose the 40GB because:

- I have a PS2 to play PS2 games...
- You can use a USB flash drive in place of a memory card for file transferring
- I'm assuming that a USB hub would give me any extra USB ports I may need
- The HD can be upgraded easily with a laptop drive
- The 40GB model is newer and is said to use less power (120W instead of 200W, or so I've read), has a 65nm chip, and runs quieter and cooler. In the end, I want this to run PS3 games well and not burn up like my 360, so this tipped me in favor of the 40GB model.[/quote]

When you say the 80GB has some PS2 software compatibility it makes is sound like it doesn't have much compatibility at all. Reality is that it has 80%+ compatibility.

Hub will work fine on your 40GB. I've tested one fine.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']When you say the 80GB has some PS2 software compatibility it makes is sound like it doesn't have much compatibility at all. Reality is that it has 80%+ compatibility.

Hub will work fine on your 40GB. I've tested one fine.[/quote]

I've read mixed reports on the 80GB compatibility. Some people have reported it being only around 50% (people who have tested it with their entire library of games). Who knows what the exact percentage is, though. I suppose it depends on what games you're going to play. For me, I figured at least one of the PS2 games I'd want to play would have bad BC and require me to keep the PS2 around anyway.

The biggest selling point for me on the 40GB was the updated / improved hardware. It's got a 65nm cell processor, compared to the 90nm in the 80GB (unfortunately, the RSX GPU is still 90nm, but at least half of the system is upgraded to 65nm) . Power consumption is lower by around 100W and the noise level is said to have dropped from 36dB to 30dB. I read somewhere about better DVD playback due to a newer version of the firmware, but not sure if that report holds any validity. The other info came came from the President of Sony Computer Entertainment.

After being struck by the Xbox 360 RRoD, like many others, I opted for better hardware over bells & whistles that aren't going to do squat for actual PS3 games.

[quote name='funyun000']"We're sorry, promotion # 85721 is invalid."

I guess Amazon put a stop to this discount.:cry: damn.[/quote]

Wait what did amazon do?

I guess Amazon put a stop to this discount.:cry: damn.[/quote]

You either meant Overstock.com, or you need to try it on the correct site :) It wouldn't surprise me to see the promo killed, though, as their coupons typically don't work on video game hardware, games, books, movies, music, etc..

Damn, I came to this thread a day too late. I was just about to buy a 40GB. Hopefully they'll restock them soon.

How long does this coupon of theirs last?

I guess Overstock put a stop to this discount.:cry: damn.[/quote]

I was trying to decide between the amazon deal of the day and this one. Guess that makes it a bit easier for me.

nice deal. I got my 360 on a similiar overstock deal about a year and a half ago. I would be all over this if I wasn't saving my cash for a digital slr camera.

I would bite but right this very moment I'm a little low on cash. This is a good deal though, keep in mind you can still get the 5 free blu-rays.

Remember- it's not just full PS2 compatibility you get with the 20 and 60 GB, it's also PS1. That's why you should get an older model.

According to Sony, the BC of the 80GB PS3 is about 80%. Now, of course, if you are one of the unlucky souls who owns a lot of games in that 20%, that stinks. The best thing to do is to head over the offical site and see how many of your games work.

Checked my status and its in UPS hands as of this morning its already in my state. It should arrive on 11/20 according to UPS tracking..

Cool deal, I had heard some peoples were cancelled.

I'm looking into a PS3, and this is a great deal (if the 40's weren't out of stock), but I think the thing I'm waiting for is the system to be bundled with the new controllers with rumble.

Otherwise...good find OP!

[quote name='MM3_XBOX']I'm looking into a PS3, and this is a great deal (if the 40's weren't out of stock), but I think the thing I'm waiting for is the system to be bundled with the new controllers with rumble.

Otherwise...good find OP![/QUOTE]

You did knwo about the like new 60GB for 399 correct?
Its on these boards if that interests you.
FYI.

bread's done
Back