OXM and Gameinformer readers, please help me track down a review

mbstuff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I'm shopping for a set of surround sound headphones, and I remember that either the official xbox magazine or gameinformer had reviews of two different headphones/decoder combos within the last year, one of which received a hearty recommendation.

Unfortunately, I throw my gaming magazines in the recycling bin regularly, and I no longer have access to these reviews. I remember that one set of headphones was the Thrustmaster T510, but I don't remember if this received good reviews or not. I'd hate to make a purchase based on the only detailed review I could find (a strong recommendation from ign), but if it also received good reviews from one of these magazines, I'd take the plunge.

Can someone who remembers what I'm talking about track down these reviews and give me a score on the Thrustmaster T510 (and possibly the other headset that I don't recall).

MY FRIEND MY FRIEND you are in LUCK, because I remember thoroughly reading both reviews because i was just about to buy Surround sound Headphones. There are two brands they reviewed, i'll start with the thrustmaster first. The thrustmaster they gave a 8.3 and it was because they had good sound quality but bad lows. For the price though they were good. The other pair, the pair i bought, were the Pioneer SE-DIR800C. They gave these a 9.8 and said they're absolutely amazing, and since i'm a SOUNDFILE i had to have them. I actually got them off ebay from a guy who sent them fast and man i used them for everygame including computer games. They're IR wireless and have amazing sound quality and the seperation of each channel is flawless. List price on them is 399.99, but on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pioneer-SED...oryZ3274QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem they go for 289.00 I know its expensive but man they're worth it. Hope this helped!

Thank you soooooooooo much. I went crazy turning my room upside down looking for these magazines, hoping I hadn't thrown them out yet.

I've got mixed feelings to hear such a positive review of the Pioneer wireless. I've been considering it as well even though I didn't remember it from the mags. Its professional reviews and avsforum testimonials seem excellent, but when I checked prices, I could only find them for $250 on ebay, and pretty near the $400 MSRP on reputable sites, versus the $125 for the Thrustmaster on Amazon.

Do you remember if the reviews had specifically separated the decoder and the headphones to review? I'm thinking of buying the Thrustmaster, then buying a set of wireless headphones separately later. I really like the fact that the Thrustmaster decoder seems easily portable (and rechargeable), I can carry it around the house from the PC and gaming TV to the big screen to watch a movie.

All indications seem to point to the pioneer having excellent sound quality and not having interference noise though. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks again.

bread's done
Back