OXM Demo Ninja Gaiden PLAYABLE

I already have the full version fully paid off thanks to the 4 for 1 EB trade ins. How many of yall have this paid off or preordered, or are you goin to get it? Another question is have any of you received the demo yet and what did you think of it?

[quote name='ksuwild25']I already have the full version fully paid off thanks to the 4 for 1 EB trade ins. How many of yall have this paid off or preordered, or are you goin to get it? Another question is have any of you received the demo yet and what did you think of it?[/quote]

Yeah, I got my copy with the ebgames.com deal as well. Based on the hype I can't wait to play the game, I just hope my expectations aren't too high. It's almost to the point where I want to run out and pick up OXM just for that demo, but my cheapness outweighs my anxiousness.

I might pick it up. You can usually pull 3 or 4 bucks or so for a demo disc on ebay...jack up shipping a dollar or three and you've almost made your money back after getting a magazine and a playable demo you'll be sick of in a week.

I love demo disks. I make abot 1/2 of my purchases after I've tried them on disks. SSX Tricky, ZOE, Crimson Skies... I never would have tried these otherwise.

I just got this demo in the mail. It is pretty sweet except I don't care for the camera that much but holding the r button helps.

Well I just completed this game twice and let me say it is superb. The camera allows for some cheap shots at first but after a while I learned to block more or come in swinging. I got 3 choice of weapons but I don't remember the names but it was like a sword (default), bladed nunchucks, and a giant sword. I played a game using each weapon the entire level and I got a greater ninja ranking w/ the sword and a head ninja w/ the bladed nunchucks (i love these things). Oh and I also got a ass-handed to me ninja ranking w/ the giant sword I only tried them once on the boss but he just crushed me. Another minor complaint I have is that you would be able to skip thru cut scenes and another thing is I never found out what those orange flames below my health bar did so any help there would be great. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

James Bond 007: Nightfire
Apex
Crimson Skies
LOTR: ROTK
Rainbow Six 3
Splinter Cell: Vselka Submarine
Star Wars Jedi Knight II
Star Wars: KOTOR
True Crime
XIII

Video showcase
Hitman Contracts
NBA Ballers
The Suffering

Other demos
Tenchu: Return from Darkness
Espn Major League
Top Spin

I just got mine today and Ninja Gaiden is the best game ever created.
I just hope the rest of the game is as good as this demo.

[quote name='ksuwild25'] I never found out what those orange flames below my health bar did so any help there would be great. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.[/quote]

Those are your magic power. If you hit two buttons together, I THINK it was B and Y, you can use your lightning magic. Try it...its sweet!

I think it was a bad break for Tenchu that their playable Demo is side by side with the Ninja Gaiden. Play one and then the other demo and you will see what I mean. Poor Tenchu looks primative after you see Gaiden.

I downloaded the trailer for this game... it reminds me a lot of Otogi in its gameplay appearance (larger than life weapons, character feats, and magic powers), and I loved that game. After I saw the part where the main character jumps off that wall and chops three guy's heads' off in one blink of the eye, I preordered it. Hooray for $10 vouchers and a free poster!

Maybe I'm just too jaded these days, but after playing the OXM demo of Ninja Gaiden, I wasn't terribly impressed. The graphics were beautiful, but the camera system was awful, the controls seemed a little wild, and frankly, I didn't think it was very much fun.

Since the demo was a work in progress from at least three months ago due to disc closing schedules at OXM, I'll withhold final judgment until I can actually play a final boxed copy of the game. I'm just not gonna bust hump to buy it at full retail price now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge supporter of Team Ninja as well as Xbox, but I played demo and felt let down...like the hype outweighed what was actually there. I hope I'll regret posting this after the final game comes out.

Oh, and dustyeff, think Otogi with elements of Prince Of Persia.

I heard te Japanese version of the demo is By Far superb. No Camera problems, and all the other things you people stated are not in the Japanese demo. I hope itll be good in the US as it is in Japan.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Maybe I'm just too jaded these days, but after playing the OXM demo of Ninja Gaiden, I wasn't terribly impressed. The graphics were beautiful, but the camera system was awful, the controls seemed a little wild, and frankly, I didn't think it was very much fun.[/quote]

Ditto here. I guess being told it was simply the greatest ninja game ever by everyone sorta ruined any sort of unbiased play test. I'll wait for deals.

[quote name='terribledeli'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Maybe I'm just too jaded these days, but after playing the OXM demo of Ninja Gaiden, I wasn't terribly impressed. The graphics were beautiful, but the camera system was awful, the controls seemed a little wild, and frankly, I didn't think it was very much fun.[/quote]

Ditto here. I guess being told it was simply the greatest ninja game ever by everyone sorta ruined any sort of unbiased play test. I'll wait for deals.[/quote]

I hear ya. Same thing will happen with Halo. If that game doesn't actully some with some sort of device that performs oral favors on me I feel like I'll be let down from all the hype building up to it.

bread's done
Back